Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 12-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotdavid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smink1701 View Post
All they are going to do is add a few planes and put some snow on the ground. Then there will be two versions that will be half-baked and full of bugs. Yippee
have they already started taking pre-complaints?
rotfl
Old 12-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Approved Member

carriers, torpedo attacks, shipattaks, tactical airwar,
i realy hoped for some MTO scenario......but its a russian developer, so it is no surprise to see easternfront so early again. looking forward if this time the trees will get a collision model.

looking forward to do some mudmoving. flyable Hs123 and I-153 would be something - if it will be realy a winter 41/42 scenario, german operation typhoon and the soviet counteroffensive.

Last edited by JG53Frankyboy; 12-09-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Approved Member

I didn't think I was fussed about it, but like the OP I think the more I hear about it the more excited I get. I've never been too fussed about the eastern front, but the idea of flying my lovely I-16 again online (I used to take down 190's in that online. They'd never see it coming!), plus the possability of Hurri II's, maybe Spit V's (not sure if they'd be included though) and later 109's (G's I suppose?) open up the posability of having a 1941 Channel scenario if they are backwards compatible has got me quite excited.

Even if they aren't backwards compatible, which I think they should be given the history of Maddox games, then I'm still kind of looking forward to it even though the theatre has never really bothered me. I'll buy it regardless, and certainly enjoy it.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupsised View Post
I didn't think I was fussed about it, but like the OP I think the more I hear about it the more excited I get. I've never been too fussed about the eastern front, but the idea of flying my lovely I-16 again online (I used to take down 190's in that online. They'd never see it coming!), plus the possability of Hurri II's, maybe Spit V's (not sure if they'd be included though) and later 109's (G's I suppose?) open up the posability of having a 1941 Channel scenario if they are backwards compatible has got me quite excited.

Even if they aren't backwards compatible, which I think they should be given the history of Maddox games, then I'm still kind of looking forward to it even though the theatre has never really bothered me. I'll buy it regardless, and certainly enjoy it.
I thought I read somewhere that those Spitfires used by the VVS were too often mistaken for the enemy and shot down by either ground fire or friendly fighters! Crappy radios didn't help either avoiding that! And as a result those spits were taken out of service.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Approved Member

IF(!) its ment german operation "Taifun" it will be around:
Bf109F, 109E-7
Bf110D/E
Ju87B
Hs123
He111, Ju88

MiG-3, Yak-1, LaGG-3, P-40B/C
I-16, I-153
Il-2
Pe-2, IL-4, SB-2

as examples and a lot of groundsupport action.

The VVS Spit V appeared 1943 over the Kuban first IIRC, so, i think out of question for a BoM.

Last edited by JG53Frankyboy; 12-09-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Approved Member

I was hoping for a prequel... But I seriously hope that the modifications to the core files in BoM are backwards compatible for CoD.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Approved Member

Today's update really kind of upset me... I thought dynamic weather, and all of these goodies were going to be a part of this game, and now you expect me to pay money? I understand you have bills to pay but, I will wait for it to hit the $12 bargain bin, before I go spending $50 right out the gates.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Approved Member

The addon will be merged and/or stand alone, your choice, unless the developer has changed plans. This should mean that any features, like improved weather, AI, FM, DM, will also be available with COD. Its a win win situation, which includes much needed cash flow for the developer. If you choose not to buy the sequal the improved weather etc, will probably by available as a free patch for COD. They will probably posts betas to test the weather system on COD before releasing the Battle for Moscow.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip

Last edited by Chivas; 12-09-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG53Frankyboy View Post
IF(!) its ment german operation "Taifun" it will be around:
Bf109F, 109E-7
Bf110D/E
Ju87B
Hs123
He111, Ju88

MiG-3, Yak-1, LaGG-3, P-40B/C
I-16, I-153
Il-2
Pe-2, IL-4, SB-2

as examples and a lot of groundsupport action.

The VVS Spit V appeared 1943 over the Kuban first IIRC, so, i think out of question for a BoM.
Were P-39's being used at this point?
Old 12-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Approved Member

I also remember a picture of a modeller who was building a LA-5 model. That's not Battle of Moscow is it?