Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 02-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG26_EZ View Post
I knew I shouldn't have posted anything.

Good luck Parkinson

PS. Don't be fooled.
Try going to Microsoft and running the Net framework 4 installer, works better than doing a repair ....this was/is? a common problem, the installer will fix the files

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 02-01-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Approved Member

Unsupported? You don't say.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Approved Member

CloD runs okay for me.

There's the business with all the propellers (at different times on different aircraft, but most of them seem to do it) occasionally almost stopping then restarting (in about a second, which something that heavy just couldn't do), it doesn't look realistic to me. If nobody else is seeing that I'd like to know about that, but it looks as if it's meant to happen.

Friendly AI die on landing for no reason I can see, but apparently everyone gets that.

Apart from that, no problems.

Win7 64 bit home premium,

i5 2500k @ 3.3 GHz,

16 GB RAM,

HD 6970 2 GB
Old 02-02-2013, 12:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
Try going to Microsoft and running the Net framework 4 installer, works better than doing a repair ....this was/is? a common problem, the installer will fix the files
People are tired of trying to get this game working....

i gave up, isn't worth the effort.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Approved Member

Then why bother coming here and writing in a thread when its someone asking for help? Why bother come here at all? There are loads of poeple who play the game every day. Ask atag. Works without a hitch for me.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Approved Member

It works fairly decent after the latest patch for most folks I know. There are plenty of bugs still, but none are really a deal breaker for me.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 02-02-2013, 05:26 PM
Approved Member

Sometimes when the game installs User Account Controls interfere with the install. Stopping direct x and dot net frame work from installing. (game installs dot net framework 3.5 by the way, not the new 4!) However if this was the case your game would probably not start. Might be insufficent ram or some kind of fire wall, anti virus (one of our guys had a problem like that with some program called "spyware doctor" - it protected his computer by not letting him use it ).

Last edited by 5./JG27.Farber; 02-02-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
Sometimes when the game installs User Account Controls interfere with the install. Stopping direct x and dot net frame work from installing. (game installs dot net framework 3.5 by the way, not the new 4!) However if this was the case your game would probably not start. Might be insufficent ram or some kind of fire wall, anti virus (one of our guys had a problem like that with some program called "spyware doctor" - it protected his computer by not letting him use it ).

A bit of a conflict when Win 7 installs nf4, and Steam comes along and adjust those files. Anyway I think that you are spot on with a software issue, or firewall. MS security essentials is a very good anti virus program that EZ should use, if he's not already...and its free!

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5