Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 03-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Approved Member

Well said Gamekeeper.

If they indeed spent last 3 months on removing / tuning the effects, with all the optimizations and stuff that will happen over the next weeks/months - hell it might take them 3 times longer to bring back stuff to the way they it was before they started removing the undesired effects.

The only hope we have (scenario in which this will resolve soon), is if they have made a checkpoint / backup before removing epilepsy dangerous effects from the game, and that they can put them in easily. However, I am afraid that this is very unlikely.

"Reverse engineering" and bringing the effects to the desired (proper) look over a longer priod, is something that will probably happen more likely IMO.

These are all speculations on my part. Then again, I reserve the right to be surprised. As this game is continuously surprising us all.

LEVEL BOMBING MANUAL v2.0 | Dedicated Bomber Squadron
'MUSTANG' - compilation of online air victories
Old 03-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Registered Member

Plus,removing the filter will not solve other game problems,like freezes or low FPS.So if you dont have at least i5 and gtx 470 (or ATI and AMD equivalents) dont bother with this software,save your self some nerves.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBonapart View Post
Plus,removing the filter will not solve other game problems,like freezes or low FPS.So if you dont have at least i5 and gtx 470 (or ATI and AMD equivalents) dont bother with this software,save your self some nerves.
Total rubbish.My specs are in my sig,and I am getting 30 + fps in cockpit in a 6 Vs 6 dogfight,and thats before the patch.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
Total rubbish.My specs are in my sig,and I am getting 30 + fps in cockpit in a 6 Vs 6 dogfight,and thats before the patch.
Hey mate,

Any chance you post some pics/vids would love to see how it looks with your specs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
Indeed. But it will act different for all PC`s.
Thats the downside of PC gaming.
A completely identic rig spec wil most likely in most games have a differ in FPS when gaming, normally not by much but it will most likely show a difference.

I have a E8400 cpu with 6870 card together with 4GB ram on Win7 x86
and it gives me smooth gameplay over water with 8vs9 in dogfights, BUT will stutter over land when the landmass is being rendered, specially when over bigger towns.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Registered Member

Uhu,you just forgot to mention your resolution and quality settings,and that you a flying above the channel.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBonapart View Post
Uhu,you just forgot to mention your resolution and quality settings,and that you a flying above the channel.
Not sure if it was noted at me, but yes I forgot, I did say over water and explained something over land.

But settings are 1280x800x32(wich actually looks quite good I am suprised to say)
All others on high with AAx8
Old 03-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Hey mate,

Any chance you post some pics/vids would love to see how it looks with your specs?
Nope, too busy flying...
Actually, I think I will get it running even better with the Euro version,as I will be able to understand the settings better.But really,cockpit visuals wise think RoF but better.
Theres a reason I fly with a German squad and not a Russian one...
Old 03-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Approved Member

Luthier already cleared all of this up yesterday, it's in a sticky now, but I'll repost his answer here;

"Hello everyone,

Once again I want to point out that a lot of your earlier anger was misplaced. Actually, our colleagues at Ubisoft are extremely interested in making this game a success, they care about our opinion and yours, and everyone we work with there is understanding and cordial and more than willing to listen and change their mind.

Having said that, I'm glad to announce that the debacle has been resolved.

We will be making the filter optional, however turned on by default. And we will be adding a large epilepsy warning to our splash screen. I am almost certain that this update will hit the steam servers on March 30th and thus seamlessly make it onto everyone's machines when the game is installed on the 31st.

The March 30th update will also address some of the issues reported with the Russian version, but we'll provide more details with the patch notes once we know for sure what it'll contain. Obviously, we need to test the heck out of all the changes to make sure we don't introduce any new bugs while fixing the old ones (the team's favorite past time lately as it seems).

So there! Do a happy dance, I know I did."

Back to me: Problem solved, move along now there's nothing to see here
Old 03-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Approved Member

wake-up then re-read the first post of this thread, maybe you'll really understand this time.