Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 08-29-2017, 10:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlee View Post
Valid suggestion, indeed. I just afraid that existing "chocks" is not helpful. You still float around yet within limited radius when you are anchored or fasten to mooring buoy.
I agree with you that it is not a "perfect" solution but it would keep you from floating into another aircraft and exploding or damaging your aircraft.

Wheels
Old 08-30-2017, 08:59 AM
Approved Member

Sorry, I just realised that my post was not clear. Any object floats around in real life while anchored or fasten to a buoy. How much - depends on the length of the cable and on current/wind conditions.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlee View Post
Sorry, I just realised that my post was not clear. Any object floats around in real life while anchored or fasten to a buoy. How much - depends on the length of the cable and on current/wind conditions.
The problem in IL21946 world is that any contact with objects is seen as a collision.

Allowing float planes to "chock in" would be the preferred solution, at the moment they can be "beached" on certain coastline tiles,
but if taxied into an area of piers jetty's etc they will explode after floating around unanchored/tied into the scenery/objects.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
Allowing float planes to "chock in" would be the preferred solution, at the moment they can be "beached" on certain coastline tiles, but if taxied into an area of piers jetty's etc they will explode after floating around unanchored/tied into the scenery/objects.
Perhaps the better solution is to rework damaged/destroyed effects for all collisions based on relative speed of collision and (relative) mass of the objects involved.

Currently, it is possible to harmlessly "flip" V-1 rockets if you match speeds. Why couldn't something similar work for low speed collisions with other objects?

For example, if you taxi past a truck and clip it with your wingtip, your wingtip should break off or show damage based on the speed of collision and the combined mass of your aircraft and the truck.

Or, if you clip a telephone wire with your wing while strafing in your P-47, you get serious wing damage, not explode.

For seaplanes, however, battering by waves against even a relatively light object like a floating dock can eventually cause serious damage - especially to the floats. In such cases, the proper "destruction mode" would be for the plane to gradually sink into the water.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:19 PM
What the heck...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuivant View Post
Perhaps the better solution is to rework damaged/destroyed effects for all collisions based on relative speed of collision and (relative) mass of the objects involved.

Well, yeah. No offense, but this is an obvious thing to say.

Very easy to talk about what needs to be done. Entirely different matter to know specifically what to do to actually make it work, and without breaking something else in the process. Especially when digging in modifying someone else's existing framework.

Last edited by Treetop64; 09-19-2017 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:12 PM
Approved Member

Any news on plans regarding the next update and regarding your other work?
Old 09-28-2017, 04:55 PM
Ask me if I care

I hear a distant "it's done when it's done" coming closer...
Old 09-28-2017, 05:35 PM
Approved Member

a lot of work ... lot of work ...))

Old 01-25-2018, 01:57 PM
Approved Member

I was a while since there were any news on what you TD guys are up to!
I'm guessing you are busy working on future updates wich I for one, and probably most other IL2 1946-players appreciate a great deal.

But...are there any news you are willing to share with us? Me and many others I'm sure off are very curious of what you are up to?
Old 01-25-2018, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun1916 View Post
I was a while since there were any news on what you TD guys are up to!
I'm guessing you are busy working on future updates wich I for one, and probably most other IL2 1946-players appreciate a great deal.

But...are there any news you are willing to share with us? Me and many others I'm sure off are very curious of what you are up to?
Working off the Christmas feastings.