Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 03-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Approved Member

If flak doesn't get me I usually survive, because there are lots of other options than taking the direct route...
Old 03-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
If flak doesn't get me I usually survive, because there are lots of other options than taking the direct route...
I can learn from you

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 03-21-2012, 09:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
I would like to thank the ATAG guys for their excellent server, it is no wonder why it's almost always the most populated one. I've been on the server previously but after quite a long while I'm frequenting the place again. It's one of the few things that keeps my interest for this game up so keep that server going! It would be nice with a European ATAG server though since my ping isn't the best (Finland is far away from NA), I get 38ms at Repka and that's a nice server and I don't get why more Euroes aren't on it whilst on ATAG I get somewhere between 140-170ms.

A question though, would it be possible to have external views ONLY when you're on the ground? For example I love checking out the damage on my plane after a sortie and stuff. I think I've seen it on other servers, once you take-off it's cockpit only, just a request though.
Thanks for the kinda words. We have some huge plans for the server, especially when we get a patch. And those of us that started ATAG, always planned on making a server for IL2COD the 2nd it was out. Years of waiting! But we plan on keeping it going for the life of the game. Who knows how advanced things will be in another 10 years

As far as external views, as Snapper has said you can see your aircraft with Ctrl+F2. That is the shortcut key to switching sides. So if you hit escape and choose the other team, then go back and hit the fly button, you will then have an external view of your plane to look around and take screen shots with, etc. If you do this in the air, I think the AI takes over your plane and you will never be able to get back in it, but you can at least see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroopSnoot View Post
were is ATAG based, i get 100+ ping to it so i never use it
Chicago and the main reason why so many can fly there from all over the world is because the server houses an all fiber 10 gigabyte upload/download network connection. In other flight sims, perhaps 100+ ping is a bad thing, but the netcode in cliffs, which seems similar to old IL2's is good.

People used to play that online with 56k modems and have no issues with high ping. The most important thing as a client, regardless of area/location is having a constant stream of data/decent connection - then you should see no difference between 10ms or 400ms (again only if it's constant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws2002 View Post
I think the server is in Memphis TN. I get around 32-35ms ping.

Great server and it kept the game alive for many onliners.
Yeah, I get 40ms to it from 2000mi away on a crap hotel connection

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 03-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Approved Member

A nice thread that also allows me to say thank you for this great server!
Your effort makes a great, but not yet perfect game a unique experience.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Approved Member

Cool! didn't know about the external view "trick". I'll give it a gosh later.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:58 PM
Approved Member

I have a ping of 240 just about all the time on ATAG as it is based in the US and I am in Australia. But it makes no difference so jump on ATAG.

I was in the top 20 for kills for ages till I turned my attention to scripts rather than flyig for the moment.

So ping is not an issue
Intel i7-2600K
Coursair 16GB (4x 4GB), DDR3-1600MHz
Gainward Nvidia 580GTX 3GB DDR5
850-Watt Modular Power Supply
WIN7 and COD on Gskill SSD 240GB
40" Panasonic LCD
TrackIR5 +
Thrustmaster Warthog stick, throttle & pedals
Old 03-22-2012, 12:22 AM
Approved Member

Jep, best wishes from deep in the arse of nowhere! I jumped in couple of times and it was always great fun, not very successfull but fun! Thanxs, and btw from this deep spot i get a ping of 150-200!^^
Old 03-22-2012, 08:52 AM
Approved Member

RE: Looking at your plane externally when you land, hit ALT+F2 - it's the shortcut for "Leave Aircraft"
Old 03-22-2012, 09:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRat View Post
RE: Looking at your plane externally when you land, hit ALT+F2 - it's the shortcut for "Leave Aircraft"
Oh

I guess the switch team thing works as well. Speaking of Alt F2: Here's a funny example.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 03-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Approved Member

lol