Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Movie Making and Videos

Old 02-22-2013, 12:38 AM
Approved Member

Good one, Frey... The mix of interior cockpit views with a variety of external camera shots/sequences makes for much more interesting viewing, when you are not specifically making a training Tutorial.

As for music, it is another additional step in the process of movie-making, but the final "Master" Soundtrack can have music volume level and Gameplay sound volume, as well as any voice-over or audio narration, vary in relation to each other depending on the action and your objective. Here is a good example in a great Rise of flight movie:

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_setback View Post
... music works better if it's done well as in Come with Me by RC_Kedik

Cheers.

major-setback
Good to see that a few folks remember the great IL-2 movies from yesteryear!

Last edited by DoolittleRaider; 02-22-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:55 AM
Approved Member

Thanks Doolittleraider, glad you like it. Oh, and yes, Come with Me was for many years one of my all-time favourites. Sad that he didn't do more movies...
Old 02-22-2013, 11:10 AM
Approved Member

Thts an F model?!!!

No weapons in the wings, rounded wing tips, no horizontal stabilizer support struts.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:43 PM
Approved Member

Music is good only if you like it, then you dont complain. if you dont like it, then you get complaints. music is so subjective, you can guarantee someone will not like.

i like in game sound, or commentary by the video maker, or historical recordings like churchill or hitler speeches but usually not music.

if you want to do music, use it in the introduction sekuence only, and maybe at the end, but leave the middle of the video without music.