Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 08-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Approved Member

@Fatt_Shade

Thanks for the info, but it's also not that bad to have a confirmation from the devs!

@ ironfelix

Thanks for the quick answer.

Regarding the Lizardmen, I just thought, that it would have been great to took some of them over as Neutral Units.

Just two last questions on the topic Units:

As the Vikings are the Basic-Race for Warriors of the North, I'm wondering why there are only 8 different units? Humans, as Basic-Race in TL and AP(CW) have 12 (13 with the Runemages). Is there a specific reason why there are only 8 units for the Vikings, are there more to come or was it planned this way? BTW: Did you ever thought about transferring Barbarians and Berserkers from Neutrals to Vikings?

Finally, Thumbs up for the Jotun and the Ice Dragon! They look great!!!

Greetz

J.B.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Just two last questions on the topic Units:

As the Vikings are the Basic-Race for Warriors of the North, I'm wondering why there are only 8 different units? Humans, as Basic-Race in TL and AP(CW) have 12 (13 with the Runemages).
The thing is that there are too many humans out there, j/k ... If you look @ the other races - they are also around 7-8 units, and Lizardmen also had that number, correct me if i'm wrong.

Quote:
Did you ever thought about transferring Barbarians and Berserkers from Neutrals to Vikings?
Vikings do have Berserkers

Quote:
Finally, Thumbs up for the Jotun and the Ice Dragon! They look great!!!

Greetz

J.B.
Thanks, it's always kewl to have a dragon
Old 08-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Approved Member

Awesomeness It's great to have new info, thanks for sharing ironfelix!

Daniel.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironfelix View Post
The thing is that there are too many humans out there, j/k ... If you look @ the other races - they are also around 7-8 units, and Lizardmen also had that number, correct me if i'm wrong.
It's about 50-50.

Elves have 11 (12), Undead 12 (13) and Humans 12 (13) Units. On the other side we have Dwarvens with 8 (9), Lizardmen with 8, Demons with 7 and Orcs with 7 (11). (Numbers in brackets = including CW-Units)

As Humans are the basic (starting) race in TL & AP/CW this number of units makes sense to me. And that was reason for my question regarding the viking units.

Quote:
Vikings do have Berserkers
Ah, good to know! Can't wait to play the game!!!

Quote:
Thanks, it's always kewl to have a dragon
Definetly! And a Giant is also nice to have!

BTW: In the first Screenshots there were some objects (e.g. a campfire) on the Battle-Area-Maps, that I didn't know from TL and KB/CW. Unfortunately I've found no entries for those objects on the HP. Will there be some new objects or were those things just placeholders?

Thanks again & Best regards

J.B.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

@ironfelix I`m not saying you ppl dont do your jobs, just mentioned that some news/info from time to time would be nice. KB-WotN was announced more year ago, and since then we got only couple of news about it here http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/king...north/overview and i was mostly delays This official site you informed us about started 15.8.2012 and i did see info about valkyries and new magic but i saw it 1 day ago, and first walkthrough was posted 16.2.2012 http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29828 that`s 6 months ago and valkyries and new medals/achievements/spells were functional then and no info was posted about any of it.
I know we aren`t big community and big spenders like Diablo3/WoW players, but we love this franchise (just look at all mods and things players did all by themselves : Red sands , Legendary warriors, HoMM3 babies , Adventure and many other mods done by true tactical players), so i only said what i said and it may sound a bit harsh to you. But fact is that we didnt get any big info for upcoming game before this site 15.8.2012.

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 08-16-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Approved Member

Fatt_Shade, if you complain at people when they give you info, next time they won't bother. Please don't scare Ironfelix off, we've waited long enough after all! I for one am pleased for any info he shares with us.

Daniel.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Today we present you the new website dedicated to King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North. Hope you enjoy it – make sure you read the extensive info about the new hero Olaf, his gorgeous Valkyries, new race, new battle system and new school of magic and much more.

Please have a look at the first of the game and don’t forget to change your wallpapers with the ones we created especially for you.

Stay tuned for more!
Thanks so much for the update! The new trailer looks fantastic.

Will it be available on physical media(dvd-rom) right away? Via Amazon, etc?

Again, thank you for taking the time to keep us updated...despite some in the forum, it is greatly appreciated!
Old 08-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

Hero : finally changed lds gain between paladin (skald) and warrior(viking), i mentioned this long ago, it just seem that paladin class were totally inferior in development to warrior/mage. How about this idea i asked bladeking77 in his adventure mod post 59 http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...attackb&page=6 . So far we had attack/defense pure bonuses up to 300%dmg inflicted/30%dmg taken , but intellect is more complex formula. We get spell dmg with every int, then 10% more with every 7int points, and spells should last longer for every 15int points(but they dont, as i mentioned in KB-tL mod HoMM babies Matt there made this work properly). So in post i refer to bladeking77 made it so on every X attack/defense player get crit%, or resistance% , so it gives some difficulty to player to choose item he carry (pure bonus like belt of luck +10%crit, or ogre belt +4def and if this 4def get you past next step for defense bonus +res% for all units, or any of other choices in item buid).

Valkyries : you gain all 5 of them from start, and pick 1 to be main 100% and other get 25% exp compared to her power ? How does this work, main Valkyrie uses her rage skills with 100% and other rage skills spend full rage cost for 25% of their strenght ? And they lvlup by sacrificing items to them, OK this sound like buying exp instead earning it. But we`ll see how it goes.

Skills : there are bunch of new skills and some old that are easily recognizable, but what are exactly class specific skills ? Durability of north/Absolute rage , Edda/Warriors of Valhala(this must be old Resurrection) , Alchemy(from Legend)/High magic(=High magic . What are Icy rage, Shield of rage, Berserker, Runic power . . . ? And placement of some skills rise questions : `Reserve` is at end of mind tree, so you`ll have to spend lots of runes before being able to lead additional unit for restocking ? Or `Creator` in magic, is old healer which is now available after upgrading almost all other magic skills.

Medals : . . . damn where to begin. First with old problems
1) Treasure hunter = bonus exp, not really connected. Better to change this to new Fat cat medal.
2) Blind rage = crit% , why ? more rage we use, more rage inflow / rage skill bonus exp / slower rage drain after battle / something that is connected to rage, not crit% for army. And there is new Talented warrior that also gives bonus for using lots of rage. 2 medals for same thing ?
3) since there are no more lizard units, what happened with reptile slayer ?
4) iron knight pl change spell requirements for this medal for something that is useful for warrior class. My idea in AP/CW was to change this obnus to +physical dmg% to units, since spells choice was mainly to benefit warriors army, not connected to rage in any way.
5) holy warrior whole medal for dmg bonus on 2 mainly support units, not really worth of effort. So far ppl got this purely by chance and not for it`s bonus.
6) Crystal collector ,is this bonus for unused crystals, or for number you gathered during whole game ? And what is magic bonus for it, more spell dmg or . . .?
7) Acolyte of Odin, nice idea bonus for using combat spells , but it somehow overlaps with Fire mage and it`s use fire arrow/fireball/fire rain (all dmging spells). I changed it in AP/CW to lower enemy resistances by 3/6/9% for magic/fire/astral dmg so it gives bonus against enemy, not simple +mana for using lots of spells.

Some info on achievement choices shown at 1:25 in video in first post here? Are those n battle bonuses, or passive/active choices you pick every turn, or . . . ?

For some reference on my bitching in previous posts it not my intention to cause problems just for long time we had no information at all about development and i wanted to see what is available on this new game site, and ask things i found maybe a bit odd in previous games (like medals relations i said above, or attack/defense weak comparing to intellect upgrades). So i ask to discuss, not to confront other on this forum.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
For some reference on my bitching in previous posts it not my intention to cause problems just for long time we had no information at all about development and i wanted to see what is available on this new game site, and ask things i found maybe a bit odd in previous games (like medals relations i said above, or attack/defense weak comparing to intellect upgrades). So i ask to discuss, not to confront other on this forum.
How about instead of putting the cart in front of the horse, do this:

1) Let them finish the game
2) Purchase the game when it's released
3) Enjoy the game
4) Then start offering up suggestions/fix/mods

1C is a gaming company. They make games. I don't think it's written, anywhere, in their business model to NOT make games for the sole purpose of annoyinng overanxious fans.
I get that you like the game and break it down to it's 1's & 0's, I get that. I'm a fan too, we all are. That's why we're here.
But posting page after page of what YOU think should go into the game is only going to achieve one thing: Nothing.

Again, just relax, create another mod for AP, and let these guys do their job so, hopefully, WE ALL can enjoy this highly anticipated game in a few months!
Old 08-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Approved Member

Smile Thanks for the update - any chance for 1920x1200 wallpapers?

@ironfelix

Thanks for the update!

The wallpapers really look nice, but I was hoping to get some higher resolution wallpapers like you've provided in the past for your King's Bounty games - any chance for some 1920x1200 wallpapers in the future?

By the way, as a modder, I can appreciate how long it takes to make this stuff work to the level of satisfaction needed to release a really solid game and just want to extend my thanks to you and the entire development team for pumping out new content for this game, which is simply gorgeous to look at, amazingly fun to play, and even more fun to tinker with and mod!

/C\/C\

Quote:
Today we present you the new website dedicated to King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North. Hope you enjoy it – make sure you read the extensive info about the new hero Olaf, his gorgeous Valkyries, new race, new battle system and new school of magic and much more.

Please have a look at the first of the game and don’t forget to change your wallpapers with the ones we created especially for you.