Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Approved Member

Too many trees in second shot! Either side of the roads = an avenue and this is ok, but when such built up areas were being built any tree would have flattened and new trees added later. Trees are regulated in the UK regarding distances to houses and the amount of light they prevent entering the dwelling.
Landscape still doesn't look quite right to me, not green enough, lol! Fields look a bit small and repetitive, perhaps for different locations the size could be varied? How are we going to land in those! In the countryside they would have been bigger, but probably tend be smaller between or near towns.
The planes look great and I can't wait to be flying them. All the best!
Old 08-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Approved Member

The trees are all a standard size, inside cities or outside. We can either have tall trees in cities, or tiny regulated runts in the woods. If we had to have different types of trees and check where they grow, we'd lose way too much FPS.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameson View Post
Landscape still doesn't look quite right to me, not green enough, lol!
I thought it looked fine in this respect. Considering it is high summer. Summer 1940 was hot afaik - by English standards

Last edited by kendo65; 08-06-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
The trees are all a standard size, inside cities or outside. We can either have tall trees in cities, or tiny regulated runts in the woods. If we had to have different types of trees and check where they grow, we'd lose way too much FPS.
What struck me Luthier was in the lower part of Pic 1 the trees look a little like they're 'floating' in the air. No trunks visible (as is probably correct given perspective) but they do look a little 'high' and 'floating' above the landscape?

Edit: seems that Hecke and myself are talking about different things here. I was referring to an apparent 'floating' effect visible on the foreground trees in Pic 1. Pic 2 trees look fine to me

Last edited by kendo65; 08-06-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Hecke

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post

But the trees have double the height of a high building? That's very confuse. And too many trees.

Will there be Craters or just overlay textures?
Old 08-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecke View Post
But the trees have double the height of a high building? That's very confuse. And too many trees.

Will there be Craters or just overlay textures?

I think some 80 foot trees are about right

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 08-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Approved Member

the Trees look like to hard, make a little transparens so look like softer and better in the landscape.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Approved Member

Do all trees have density (in sense, that you can collide with them)?
Old 08-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecke View Post
Those are 2 and 3 story buildings. I'm sitting on the third floor right now, and I'm looking UP at a bunch of trees.

And I think there's just enough trees for the kind of town it is. It's supposed to be a light green suburban-type area. There are fewer trees in heavier downtown areas, and fewer still in industrial ones. Seems perfectly fine to me.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Approved Member

Thanks Luthier. Nice update, and I'm really liking the terrain through the He111 pit. Good job to the crew.