Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
We plan to open chute with separate button (as option probably).
HOORAY!!!
Old 04-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
We don't plan to make such sequence. However I don't knopw yet how to finish the scene To allow pilot to walk home..... probably not the best choice for future additions of the sim. And to swim in the direction of home beach and then walk home also probably not the best solution
Just let the pilot walk/run controlled by the player i think would be nice, and helpfull for movie making.

My wish would be that in multiplayer to allow the player to climb on another plane that is landed by other player having this way the the oportunity to get back home. Of course this would mean that you must have some place that can allow you to land the plane, like a road ro very shallow field, if there is any, well if you land most likely you will brake the aircraft. Them the downed pilot walk to the plane and climb on it.

What happen´s with landed aircraft when the downed player is on the cockpit?. Well, several results:

1) Increase on aircraft weight.
2) Downed pilot can see like seatd on the cockpit but don´t have any control over the aircraft
3) Pilot of the aircraft have´s limited control of the plane (decreased stick movement), as a penalty for having another "person" inside the cockpit. Also limited point of view movement.

I wouldn´t make that you will see a pilot side seated on the cockpit because it wouldn´t be very pleasent, and would be too gay .

Last edited by ECV56_Lancelot; 04-15-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

S!

Nice. So it seems the parachuting has been modelled in more fidelity, taking in account landing etc. Nice.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the update Oleg. A nice, unexpected surprise!
Old 04-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
We don't plan to make such sequence. However I don't knopw yet how to finish the scene To allow pilot to walk home..... probably not the best choice for future additions of the sim. And to swim in the direction of home beach and then walk home also probably not the best solution
It would be nice to have some function over the pilot; e.g if landing in the sea to speed up time and see if any ships came near to rescue the poor chap.

Oleg, will the parachute be able to get tangled? e.g on the plane as you exit if it is a messy bail-out? Also, if the plane is on fire, could the parachute get affected and so you'd become a 'roman candle' whereby the chute sets alite (not a nice business).
Old 04-15-2010, 05:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
May I propose an optional dialogue message on a chute landing that states MIA / KIA / CAPTURED / RTB with the option to continue mission or exit?

Then in the case of continuing the mission, the pilot then heads home (if alive) .. ? Of course this would be purely for the users pleasure to see their man walking home, interaction would be nil.

(Of course I have no idea if you have a GUI interface tied in with the flying part of the game that can do this)

Last edited by constant; 04-15-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Approved Member

In CFS3 the pilot simply walked out of the frame. It seems that people would really like the guy to go all the way home however. Before he starts, he might just light up a cigarette. He's been through quite an ordeal.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Approved Member

Very nice, I get more stoked every time I see an update. There are so many little things that will enhance the "feel" of SOW, I have little doubt that it will be fantastic.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanator21 View Post
In CFS3 the pilot simply walked out of the frame. It seems that people would really like the guy to go all the way home however. Before he starts, he might just light up a cigarette. He's been through quite an ordeal.
LOL, I suspect I'd start smoking again too.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
That looks great, just fantastic clarity, thanks
Oleg, the pilot has no control of the chute, correct?
Are you actually suggesting the guy pull on his risers to Slip is chute like in real life?