Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
Thanks for all the info, DG! Looks very appetizing.

Could you tell me what the two different coloured knights' abilities are? And the different coloured evil eye? Are there still the regular versions of these in the game?
The gold knights are paladins and they have a resurection ability that works on adjacent hexes (1 charge). They also have the "action points" spell (recharges after 2 turns).

The green/blue knights have "circle attack" which allows them to attack every adjacent hex (recharges after 2 turns).

Both knights also increase defence after each time they are attacked. In battles after 5 attacks on them, their basic defence rises to over 60!

Yes, the old purple evil beholders are still there and haven't changed. The new yellow ones are level 3, can put units to sleep and have +1 initiative over the purple ones but no hypnotism.

Last edited by travelingoz; 07-09-2009 at 05:07 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:19 AM
Registered Member

I have finished a game on impossible with a mage. 84 quests completed.

As a mage, I have only one slot army all the time to avoid loss,except several combats.
one troll:can full its HP every turn in night fighting, it has about 800HP(1xxxHP with peacefulness spell). one troll can win a combat without loss even in late game.

After I got Resurrection I change it to 1 slot of demons(the blue skin one).

I think a mage can finish the game without loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
Well, things are looking good

Just finished a game on hard with a paladin. It was a lot of fun, mainly because this is my favorite char. 13 days, all quests completed (I think they're 83, since I checked under every nook and cranny for quests) except one one - it would force me to lose 14 hours to travel to Elona and back to give away some stupid papers, which would take me into day 14.
bonuses
Old 07-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Approved Member

How do you avoid losses in the game with baal? That's going to be interesting with trolls (or demons, but the executioners don't have that much HP), because Bill Gilbert alone can't beat him. If you plan on playing with only 1 troop, unless you're able to use double geyser every time Baal summons demons, it sounds kind of hard. In addition to that, baal's smashing sword skill that attacks multiple enemies is a pain and will force you to do quite a bit of resurrecting afterwards.

In any case, good luck with the attempt, if you plan on doing it It is going to be interesting to see if anyone can be successful in getting a no-loss game.

EDIT: It may be worth trying in lower difficulties and gradually going up. It worked that way in KBTL, it should work here as well.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Approved Member

My first playthrough on Armored Princess:

Impossible Warrior, Lvl 57, 10 days, 87 quests, All rewards, 0 loses ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Page1.JPG (188.3 KB, 250 views)
File Type: jpg Page2.JPG (195.4 KB, 227 views)
Old 07-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calinda View Post
My first playthrough on Armored Princess:

Impossible Warrior, Lvl 57, 10 days, 87 quests, All rewards, 0 loses ...
Very impressive, one of the highest scores I've ever seen.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Approved Member

It may actually be the highest one, provided there is no other way to shave off a day or 2, but in KBAP there is no travel exploit
Old 07-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Approved Member

It is possible to shave off a day or 2, it was my first game, I'm sure I can do a bit better if I replay it, but I'll take some rest first
And if you go for no loss - Paladins + Phantom/Time Back rule if you play warrior.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Approved Member

Well, I am trying to analyze the optimal travel time between the islands based on the quests, but it's proving to be no easy task. For example, so far it seems that Rehau must be done fist, because it gives out quests to verona and then elona (DeGosh's papers). Elona gives a quest to Shatterra (Liu's soul), so it must be completed second, and Shatterra must be completed last, then back to Elona, for all it seems, since a lot of quests from various areas end there (klisan's soul, the tools for the fallen alien being, etc.).

In addition to that, a lot of side quests that finally end in verona should be completed when you collect all stones and just before you speak to the turtle Theana.

Also, it is imperative to buy a boat in Montero. Travel time from montero to the adjacent islands (like Tekron, Rehau, etc.) is way lower than from verona, and besides, the travel time from verona to Montero through the bridge is 5-10 mins, based on whether you are able to fly or not

Well... and travel times can also be cut by using the 2x/4x sacrifice/1x time back trick, allowing no extra time to get back to restock the troops.

Any other ideas will be appreciated

Last edited by DGDobrev; 07-10-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Approved Member

Calinda, as you are hardcore KB player, can u say if it is really much harder than legend?
Old 07-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Approved Member

Actually I did not find it much harder. It had different rules and better balance in general. I liked that most of the old "exploits" were removed. Both games are quite like chess, and you need to actually think, to be a successful player.
Another thing that I liked was that in KB:AP I needed to change tactics sometimes.

Last edited by Calinda; 07-10-2009 at 01:44 PM.