Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Approved Member

I couldn't play HoMM V for more than about 10-20 hours in SP. Just isn't the same. The Tribes of the East campaign is definitely an improvement on the original campaign though, which is awful.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:49 AM
Approved Member

HOMM V is different from KB, but I liked it very much nonetheless. Disciples 3 will be released before armored princess, I have high expectations from it.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Approved Member

I used to be a lover of the homm serie, but I didn't like the 4 at all. The 5 was better, but too much "déjà-vu". I tried the game age of wonders : shadow magic, it's a veeery good homm-like. Not very beautiful, but more strategic than homm and with a tons of very good gameplay ideas.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandea View Post
HOMM V is different from KB, but I liked it very much nonetheless. Disciples 3 will be released before armored princess, I have high expectations from it.
I am looking forward to Disciples 3 also. However, it estimates that it will be released Q3 of 2009, so that is about the same time as Armored Princess. Both games has no set release date yet so either game could be released first.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Approved Member

yes, you are right, Disciples 3 is about to be released...but the russian version. the english one will be released in q3 2009. bad luck.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Approved Member

It is funny how Russians get all the good turn-base strategy game and here in the U.S.A we get bombarded with first person shooter games.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGuy View Post
It is funny how Russians get all the good turn-base strategy game and here in the U.S.A we get bombarded with first person shooter games.
I can't agree more.
Why do the American boys love to shoot and blow head of enemy wave mindlessly? Are they so trigger-happy and blood-thirst? Arn't they assumed to be peace-loving innocent people? On the contrary, why do Russian boys love to play seemingly slow and *boring* turn-based strategy game like KB:TL or the Chess, agonizing many minutes over just one next move? Are they a faint-hearted chicken or nerdy egg-heads? Didn't they have been assumed to be the evil Commie Empire, who were eager to decimate this world to dust bowl with their fearsome atomic bombs?
Yo, you Russians. You are so good at producing excellent strategy game! I envy you!!! Do anyone have explanation for this?

Last edited by aaaaa; 05-08-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaaa View Post
I can't agree more.
Why do the American boys love to shoot and blow head of enemy wave mindlessly? Are they so trigger-happy and blood-thirst? Arn't they assumed to be peace-loving innocent people? On the contrary, why do Russian boys love to play seemingly slow and *boring* turn-based strategy game like KB:TL or the Chess, agonizing many minutes over just one next move? Are they a faint-hearted chicken or nerdy egg-heads? Didn't they have been assumed to be the evil Commie Empire, who were eager to decimate this world to dust bowl with their fearsome atomic bombs?
Yo, you Russians. You are so good at producing excellent strategy game! I envy you!!! Do anyone have explanation for this?
Hehe, yeah, too true. Russians made Blitzkrieg too - one of the best WWII strategy games, IMHO. I hate RTS (micromanagement cannot really be done in realtime) but Blitzkrieg easily solved this with the pause button...

That said, don't forget that HOMM was originally an US game, as was King's Bounty. Back then, there were equal amounts of all types of games. Sadly, by today, my favourite types of games (turn based strategy, RPGs, platform side-scrollers) are few and far between.

Even with RPGs - the good ones are usually from europe... I mean, Fallout was my favourite, and look what they done to it - turned it to a Morrowind clone, completely butchering the action-point/turn-based combat system, it's basically a FPS with some freeze options and RPG elements.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Registered Member

Yes, it's not fair that english version comes later. But it will come with new patch and bugless. Think about russian players like about testers
Old 05-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
I mean, Fallout was my favourite, and look what they done to it - turned it to a Morrowind clone, completely butchering the action-point/turn-based combat system, it's basically a FPS with some freeze options and RPG elements.
OH do I feel your pain I'm pissed at Bethesda... You can't aim the groin anymore !!! Was there anything funner then slamming super mutants in the groin with the super sledgehammer!?!?!