Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 03-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD_Titus View Post
How many people actually run sli though? I mean total, out of all purchasers, not just those that post on forums.
I do
Old 03-28-2011, 11:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICDP View Post
Rise of flight, FSX, DCS A10C also do not support multi GPU, not one single sim released in the past fews years supports multi GPU.
You might want to do a little checking before saying that. I don't have DCS A10 or RoF, but FSX is certainly using my two GPUs in crossfire.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:32 AM
Approved Member

Okay, this one's a bugger.

As a 'real' flightsimmer (MSFS MMO; IVAO), I must say, that this was kind of careless development. Most of the real flightsimmers (as opposed to 'arcade kids' or 'blue jeans pilots') have extraordinarily good machines. Many are employing SLI/crossfire technology, and many are using Matrox triplehead oder eyefinity setups, along with expensive sticks, rudders, and headtrackers. This is not a secret. I just don't get why SLI/crossfire can get through to the final product without any testing ...

Luckily, I have a second machine with a single GPU. But not everybody can afford a downgrade

This is not about the game supporting SLI/crossfire but about bad performance due to a multi GPU setup. It just shouldn't be like that.

but after reading that the epilepsy filter problem was resolved in favor of the community, I am quite convinced that there will be a fix for this problem, too.

Last edited by Wurschtie; 03-29-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:45 AM
kalimba

Xfire and SLI may be the future of high grades PC...The GTX590 and 6990
are in fact Xfire and SLI on the same motherboard....
As a exemple,you can get today 2X560ti OC for $500.00 and get better performances than a GTX580 at the same price...And you can add a third one if you wish...
Anyway...Ruling out any technology from a brand new engine that is built for the future is a big risk...It may work, but it may also fail by comparison in the near future with more current and high-tech design...

Salute !
Old 03-29-2011, 03:47 AM
Approved Member

Well what happens with my setup is that now I´m selling my two ATI 5770´s at a crazy cheap prize to get myself a 6950 2GB and bios upgrade it to 6970 2GB because I can´t stand looking at ugly graphics. 5770 is a mediocore card that is about the same as 4870 but newer, so I´m basicly running DX11 version of 4870X2 with less memory. If I CF those two 5770 and OC them mildly it will give many newer cards a run for its money but not with ROF or COD , my only two games I want to play nowadays. CF works in almost all the games that I have, so I have now been used to run everything on max settings. I just can´t stand the idea that I would have to run COD on low settings.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:54 AM
Approved Member

RoF doesn't work with SLI or Crossfire, either?

I guess no 2D Surround for me. Fooy

Addendum: I'm mostly antsy because I've got a GTX 480 and LP2475w, both of which are very nice, but probably going to get discontinued in the near future, so if I'm going to do multi-monitor, this would be the time to do it, but if neither RoF nor CoD support SLI, I'm not going to get anything out of it. I figure CoD they'll probably sort it out eventually, but if RoF doesn't support it by now, they probably aren't going to.

Last edited by Voyager; 03-29-2011 at 05:57 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:53 AM
Tree_UK

Luthier said it was the Epilepsy Filter that was killing SLI/Crossfire so we should all be ok now.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Luthier said it was the Epilepsy Filter that was killing SLI/Crossfire so we should all be ok now.
I hope so I wasn't aware until recently that my dual chip card was viewed as crossfire.

Hopefully someone can report back that they are getting good fps from the 5970.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:34 AM
Approved Member

Another thing that you have to consider when talking about Crossfire/Sli is game profiles from the card mfgs.

If there isn't a profile for the game, Crossfire/Sli won't work properly. I'm betting that things will get beter when AMD and nVidia address that issue in future driver releases.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:50 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBuzzard View Post
Another thing that you have to consider when talking about Crossfire/Sli is game profiles from the card mfgs.

If there isn't a profile for the game, Crossfire/Sli won't work properly. I'm betting that things will get beter when AMD and nVidia address that issue in future driver releases.
You can easily create a profile though with Nvidia cards, using the default driver or nHancer. I will play about with it when I get it.