Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 11-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Approved Member

Default I can't get doors to open...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meusli View Post
Hi
I have only tried out the Blenheim so far for bombing and have a few questions.

I have mapped the bomb bay doors top my CH Fighterstick and everything seems good apart from this one issue. When in the cockpit the bomb bay doors open and close as they should but when in the bombers position they open and then close immediately. It's not a major issue as I just bounce back to the cockpit and open them there, but it would be easier to do it in the bomber position.

Also with the Blenheim bomb aimer I am almost there with getting things on target but I am having trouble with the slip part. If after trimming I have a slip to the left of 1.5-2.0 do I move the bombsight to the right to counter the slip or into the slip?
I can't get doors to open.....assigned different keys, and tried joystick key
but nothing will open the doors.....have default bomb load, and trying to open from pilot seat. Is there something I'm missing in setting up the key command?

Thanks
Old 11-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

You don't need to operate them manually on the Blenheim, they will open under the bomb's weight when you release them and close automatically
Old 11-08-2012, 01:18 AM
Approved Member

Default Can't release

[QUOTE=BGs_Ricky;478644]You don't need to operate them manually on the Blenheim, they will open under the bomb's weight when you release them and close automatically [/QUO

When I hit the key assigned for bomb release nothing happens.....I tried assigning lots of different keys and nothing happens....hitting key from pilot seat.
Is there something else.....loadout says there are bombs on board. ???

Thanks
Old 11-08-2012, 07:03 AM
Approved Member

Did you arm them first? Not sure if that matters. As mentioned above though, the Blenheim doors were spring loaded and the bombs would just sort of fall onto them and force their way out.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Approved Member

Actual ("Final" patch) Blenheim dont required "arm bombs" (or open bomb bay) - as in RL.

Just hit "drop bombs" buttom - and if desired set salvo previously.

"Arm bombs" is required in german planes.

Much of what was written here about Blenheim on the first (and MORE bug) versions of CLoD became obsolete.

Sokol1

Last edited by Sokol1; 11-08-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Approved Member

Default Still not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol1 View Post
Actual ("Final" patch) Blenheim dont required "arm bombs" (or open bomb bay) - as in RL.

Just hit "drop bombs" buttom - and if desired set salvo previously.

"Arm bombs" is required in german planes.

Much of what was written here about Blenheim on the first (and MORE bug) versions of CLoD became obsolete.

Sokol1
I have a bomb release button assigned but when key is hit no bombs come out, bomb bay doors don't open.....so I get how it's supposed to work but it doesn't.
Tried arming bombs....tried many different drop bomb keys...nothing.
Am bombing from pilots seat....tried other crew positions also, even external view....nothing happens.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:23 AM
Approved Member

Default Ju88

Another problem...
With Ju88 when the open bomb bay doors is selected they go instantly from open to neutral and don't open....and the bombs have been armed.
Another Bug?????
Old 11-13-2012, 03:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buz13 View Post
I have a bomb release button assigned but when key is hit no bombs come out, bomb bay doors don't open.....so I get how it's supposed to work but it doesn't.
Tried arming bombs....tried many different drop bomb keys...nothing.
Am bombing from pilots seat....tried other crew positions also, even external view....nothing happens.
Hi!

The bomb can only be dropped by the pilot in the Blehiem. But also there is a bug with the AI takes control and releases control of the plane.

Try staying in the pilots seat from the time you spawn till the time you drop the bomb. It should work. There is another workaround if memory serves me correctly, but you need to assign a key to cycle backwards through the crew positions.

I skip bomb regularly and have been cought out a number of times by the AI control of the bombs! What makes it harder is that there is not feedback to tell you the bombs have been released. A 'clunk' as they fell through the doors would be nice!

Cheers!

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 11-13-2012 at 03:52 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:04 PM
Approved Member

Default Got it......

Toggle bomb bay doors will switch from open to neutral instantly....leaving doors closed.
I finally figured that you must HOLD "open doors" down to open the doors....not just hit the key once....which does nothing to the doors.
And you must hold the "close doors" key down to close the doors......makes sense.
But what doesn't make sense is you can open the cockpit with just a tap on the key.....so why don't you need hold that key down...?????
See my point?...some open/close commands work differently from others making it confusing for people like me who try to see a pattern in things to figure out why two of the same type of commands work differently.
There is a lot to like about this sim but lots that needs work.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
And you must hold the "close doors" key down to close the doors......makes sense.
Yes in JU88 you need simulate turn the crank that open/close bomb bay door, like 109 flaps.

Other different procedure: to partialy drop Blenheim flaps to take off you nede hit V, watch indicator and around 20 degree, hit F to stop. Same for Hurricane.

Diferent plans, diferent commands.

Sokol1