Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 08-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Approved Member

Greetings! Dave here, 66 years young, pro photographer (too much fun to retire)
Played flight sims since Microsoft Flight Sim on the Atari (top half of screen blue, bottom half green and grey rectangle for runway)

Didn't try on-line combat until a year ago when I installed WOP. Loving the on-line experience of Clod, even get the occasional kill

-S-
Old 08-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Approved Member

Have been flying sims since Lucasarts Battle of Britain & Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe( boy...have we come a long ways)

Discarded everything but a very modded IL-2 UP3.0 ,Rise of Flight & of course Cliffs of Dover,which I really do like ( maybe because of the amount of eye-candy) and which I think I'm only scratching the surface of....In high hopes it will only get bigger & better..Music while playing? 1940 BBC:Ray Noble,Ambrose, Jack Hylton et al & Korngold & Max Steiner Movie soundtrack...
Oh...I also paint a bit:

( Semi relevant to the subject)
www.jamesdietz.com
Old 08-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdietz View Post
Have been flying sims since Lucasarts Battle of Britain & Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe( boy...have we come a long ways)
Oh...I also paint a bit:
www.jamesdietz.com
WOW! You paint a LOT! They are incredible! True talent, Jamesdietz! Any hanging in the Museum of Flight? They should be... ( edit... Doh! Just checking your site now...... )

Anyway, about me... Ditto: since LucasArts, and I still remember the thrill of the kill even though the enemy was composed of 10 juddering blocks of pixels!

always needed to buy the latest sim release, but always 3 generations behind the hardware curve ( can't sneak anything passed the wife )
So online battles are usually (always) short and sweet( something to do with lag... ... but immense fun...

Ww2 is definitely my preferred era, not into modern, I like to see who is killing me

So CoD and RoF are taking turns at the moment...

Isn't it nice in here?
Cheers

Last edited by retrojet; 08-03-2011 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Gone to Jamesdietz.com :)
Old 08-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Approved Member

Hi guys and Salute everybody in this forum
My name is George -Skouras-
Im from Greece and i live in Athens [32 YEARS OLD] i'm an Ichthyologist
im flying simulations over 12 years now and all the classics one
Open Falcon
FF5
il2
DCS
FSX
ROF
bob2
and many others that i can't remember right now in the past
glad to be a member in this forum as i found that many virtual pilots here was very helpful..
once again -S-

PS. NICE PAINTS MATE

Last edited by skouras; 08-04-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Approved Member

Superb work Jamesdietz. Iam near sure I have before see your works somewhere in internet.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skouras View Post
Hi guys and Salute everybody in this forum
My name is George -Skouras-
Im from Greece and i live in Athens [32 YEARS OLD]
im flying simulations over 12 years now and all the classics one
Open Falcon
FF5
il2
DCS
FSX
ROF
bob2
and many others that i can't remember right now in the past
glad to be a member in this forum as i found that many virtual pilots here was very helpful..
once again -S-

PS. NICE PAINTS MATE
Skouras,

Do you happen to know Stergios, of Icarus fame, and also a flight simmer? He gets out of the Greek army this month.

I'm 67 years young, was a photographer in the US Navy, and don't paint. But, I did use to own/fly a Libelle glider.

binky9
Intel i7 3.4ghz Processor
GTX 780 Graphics Card OC
24GB Ram
Track IR5
50" LG HDMI LED 1920x1080 60hrz
MS FFB2 Stick
CH Pedals
Saitek Throttle/Prop/Mixture and Trim wheel
Thrustmaster MFDs

League City, TX
Old 08-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Approved Member

hi mate
no personally
only as a name and his work
what a great job to be a photographer for the US
You must be seen so much action
Old 08-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Approved Member

Well this is a bit different!

Ok, I'm old enough to have seen the film 'Battle of Britain' when it was released; my Dad took me to the pictures to see it.
He also took the whole family to Woodford Airshow every year (home of the Lancaster and Vulcan), and bought me one Airfix kit per week, plus big ones at Christmas.

I used to love reading Biggles and anything I could get my hands on connected with wartime aviation.

For a time, the aviation fixation took a back seat in favour of girls, motorbikes, girls, playing guitar in bands, girls, and forging some sort of career and home life.

Then I bought a Super Nintendo for a laugh, then a playstation and any flight related game, then was given the original CFS and IL2 by a friend at the start of the century. Played them on an ancient steam driven laptop.

Currently have all the IL2 series, FSX plus a few ridiculously expensive add-ons, DCS A-10, Rise of Flight ICE, but also enjoy beating my kid brother up online with Streetfighter IV, bit of Crysis and Theatre of War.

But once Cliffs is ironed out a bit, I have a feeling that all the above will get used less and less.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skouras View Post
hi mate
no personally
only as a name and his work
what a great job to be a photographer for the US
You must be seen so much action
The only action I saw was not in the line of duty.

binky9
Intel i7 3.4ghz Processor
GTX 780 Graphics Card OC
24GB Ram
Track IR5
50" LG HDMI LED 1920x1080 60hrz
MS FFB2 Stick
CH Pedals
Saitek Throttle/Prop/Mixture and Trim wheel
Thrustmaster MFDs

League City, TX
Old 08-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Approved Member

my turn then

i'm from Portugal, just made 36, and received the visit from our 'friends' of the FMI for birthday present, oh well.

my father was a pilot of Douglas C-47, the famous skytrain, during the colonial war spanning 1961-1974 (basically when Africa ex-colonies Angola, Guiné-Bissau and Mozambique got their independence from Portugal). all that is over and today we're happily trade partners. i've had this crush for flying things since i remember.

my first sim experience was 'Spitfire 40' on zx spectrum, followed by 'ace combat', 'fighter pilot' and any other i don't remember anymore... good spectrum times. then i got my first 286 PC and went into LHX helicopter sim, 'F-29 Retaliator', first A-10 sim, and some random experiences with other stuff friends were playing. from there on was a big gap as i didn't have a capable PC anymore, but with later upgrade the first IL-2 finally got me back into sims; also went with Forgotten Battles but dropped it when i got less time as i was finishing my Mechanical Engineering degree and had quite tumultuous relationships, but later got back with 1946 which introduced me to online play. off-line campaign has always been a favorite especially on the channel maps.

ever since i've been waiting (forever) for CoD (wasn't it Storm of War?) and had such high expectations for it, of course i'm somewhat bugged with its present state, but i haven't lost faith the most pressing issues will be ironed out.

although i have the feeling that they're gonna pull a 'forgotten battles' on us again, i.e. they'll release a new one in 1 and half year or so, without most bugs and with enhancements that were supposed to be on CoD, leaving this one on a middle ground.