Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 04-05-2019, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

AND this patch has removed uninstallation EXE files that has NOTHING TO DO with the patch (Wings over Jungles, Wings over Waves... ANY EXE that has NOTHING to do with the patch has been removed).

HOLY CRAP
Old 04-05-2019, 09:25 PM
Approved Member

at First i want to apologize for that situation ... there was no any wish and ideas to make any harm to users and their files...

some about half year of more we collect information from any versions of il2 ... Platina(1946) Gold collection, Steam version ... and those versions was installed from Forgotten Battles CD and all other Addons ...

1. we want to refresh all old files in Il2 dirrectory and make it simillar ...make it in single standard

and 2. second we try to findout which files are belong to game ... to make one standart for all users which will install 4.14 ...

according to our idea all that was made to make Anticheat system for the game..
in theory in il2 root folder must be only those files what you can get from CD or digital distribution from Steam or GOG ... 4.14 was made for default game... and supposed that it will be installed on 4.13.4 version ...

in text of readme indicated that it will be done in instalation process.

i argee that it is too hard way for make base for anticheat mechanism ... and at current moment we understand that would be much better make dialogue window with warning and cancel button to abort install in installation process ...

we sincerely apologize for that situation.

Old 04-05-2019, 09:41 PM
Approved Member

These aren't cheat programs.
They are uninstallation files, etc.
JSGME is not a cheat program. It's a copy/backup batch file program.

Daidalos has unilaterally wiped out files without user authorization that have nothing to do with altering code of the game; these are innocuous files. It's draconian and should be changed or at least tested and considered. Luckily I have a backup, but c'mon, you guys should have known better. From someone that has flown this thing since December 2001, by this point... I would have expected more consideration/carefulness.

Grr! (grumble, bitch, moan, whine). I FEEL better knowing that it wasn't targeting JSGME, but... well.. any EXE and DLL (by the way, that is a seek and destroy CRC algorithm... um... borderline malware).

Bombsite table: gone.
JSGME: gone.
Wow and Woj uninstallation: gone.
I'm using WinMerge to fix all of this and create an installation that can be used by myself and my friends (this will make switching between 4.14 and 4.12/hsfx easier). And OBVIOUSLY can not impact any cheat issues that should be handled by packet-CRC and/or server hash handling.

Gah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sita View Post
at First i want to apologize for that situation ... there was no any wish and ideas to make any harm to users and their files...

some about half year of more we collect information from any versions of il2 ... Platina(1946) Gold collection, Steam version ... and those versions was installed from Forgotten Battles CD and all other Addons ...

1. we want to refresh all old files in Il2 dirrectory and make it simillar ...make it in single standard

and 2. second we try to findout which files are belong to game ... to make one standart for all users which will install 4.14 ...

according to our idea all that was made to make Anticheat system for the game..
in theory in il2 root folder must be only those files what you can get from CD or digital distribution from Steam or GOG ... 4.14 was made for default game... and supposed that it will be installed on 4.13.4 version ...

in text of readme indicated that it will be done in instalation process.

i argee that it is too hard way for make base for anticheat mechanism ... and at current moment we understand that would be much better make dialogue window with warning and cancel button to abort install in installation process ...

we sincerely apologize for that situation.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolwyn View Post
Luckily I have a backup

Thanks GoD!! really THANKS GOD that you have backup ... i'm sitting on chair now red like tomato

Tolwyn, please аccept my (speaking from me) and our (from team) apologies for that...

ofcourse was no aim to delete any yours file.. no aim at JSGME ... ofcourse it's not cheat ... we just try make some similar space in all installed version ..

once again really sorry for that situation ... we thought that we foresee all variants ...

and i must apologize before all other users... especially before you ... i've read you here on Banana last ...some about ten year... omg...

Old 04-05-2019, 10:08 PM
Approved Member

you asked about replacment SFS fille .. we check all version of distributive il2 ... from CD from DVD from any packs... and find out some about three or four SFS with same name but different weight and content ... in some vrson was added some skins to sfs ,in some verson was some other changes... and it with all that variant system what was make won't work ...in some version sfs have 50mb volume in few next 580 mb... so all sfs which have difference from version to version was find and replaced to correct one for all

Old 04-05-2019, 10:08 PM
Approved Member

Oh I know I'm being a bit of a whinging little girl (no offense to girls), and I get it.
I was just surprised.
I'm calming down. Thanks for listening and responding.
And just throw me a glass of wine. I'll be okay.

Quote:
Thanks GoD!! really THANKS GOD that you have backup ... i'm sitting on chair now red like tomato

Tolwyn, please аccept my (speaking from me) and our (from team) apologies for that...

ofcourse was no aim to delete any yours file.. no aim at JSGME ... ofcourse it's not cheat ... we just try make some similar space in all installed version ..

once again really sorry for that situation ... we thought that we foresee all variants ...

and i must apologize before all other users... especially before you ... i've read you here on Banana last ...some about ten year... omg...
Old 04-05-2019, 10:11 PM
Approved Member

I've noticed this too. Most is a 1 hour offset from US Daylight savings time (1 hour difference) and the files are identical; in others, there are some differences which I find unique...

My installation is a true progression from at least FB+PF and then 1946, et al. It's actually interesting, and might be valuable to you guys if I posted it on Drive.

I've never had to have more than one installation. This is the first time (so far).

Quote:
you asked about replacment SFS fille .. we check all version of distributive il2 ... from CD from DVD from any packs... and find out some about three or four SFS with same name but different weight and content ... in some vrson was added some skins to sfs ,in some verson was some other changes... and it with all that variant system what was make won't work ...in some version sfs have 50mb volume in few next 580 mb... so all sfs which have difference from version to version was find and replaced to correct one for all
Old 04-05-2019, 10:14 PM
Approved Member

Sorry for getting my panties in a bunch.
I do feel a little better now.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I've never had to have more than one installation. This is the first time (so far).
professional deformation have bad influence on me...(( i have someabout 9 or 11 on workstation ... for any tests.. I do not always remember that not everyone has such bedlam on hdd

Old 04-05-2019, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Sorry for getting my panties in a bunch.
I do feel a little better now.

Thank you... you pointed out very important thing ...

damn... need more warnings ... with Big letter ...