Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, read that. But also read they sell for more than they cost, so bought them. Hope that is for all the eggs, not just the black!

I managed to earn the Submarine by mastering the instruments. That gave me 2 level ups in a row, now I'm lvl 12! So things are changing...

EDIT: Gray Mendel, in the canals under Tekran, sold me the ressurection spell!! Wee...

EDIT #2: Okay, now it almost got too easy. I found Teleport, Blind and Phantom, got lots of runes and gold. And found three more maps. Umkar, Reha and Nameless island. Think I won't investigate those islands, before I get back and see how well I fight in my current islands

EDIT #3: My 1 Green Dragon, 2 Cyclops, 62 Royal Snakes, 30 or so Inqs and 72 or so Bowmen are doing very well at the moment. Two fights versus ranged and magicians, with no losses. Ressurection and mana regen to be thanked

Last edited by eXeel; 01-03-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Approved Member

I played a bit more this weekend. What I am finding is that on normal the game is too easy and on hard I'm sort of stuck (this is for mage). I'll probably check the maps again with my mage on hard and see if it can make any more progress. I think it is level 16 but unable to kill the orc @ rusty anchor. It has a full set of troups (but not much in extra coins); BUT every group on rusty anchor and verona is either lethal or invincibal (scarlet island and bola are 100% cleared). So this is a problem
Old 01-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Approved Member

Annoying... What skills have you chosen? How is your mana and mana regeneration + what spells do you have, that you use?
I found that I just met a milestone, where as a mage I can actually cast some spells that make a difference. Not just slow!

Try to kite away one of the groups guarding a map, so you can progress a few more islands, just gathering stuff.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
...every group on rusty anchor and verona is either lethal or invincibal (scarlet island and bola are 100% cleared). So this is a problem
My experience with my impossible paladin game is that given spell and pet dragon support, you should be able to take out up to lethal enemies without any losses; even some "weak" invincible enemies could be taken out. You just need a decent tank and archmage ability mage shield to keep their large stacks busy.

Another much neglected pet dragon ability is Ball Lightning. On hard and impossible, this is probably the best damaging spell of the pet dragon since it scales with the size of the enemy stack, and attacks 3 times per cast. Casting 2-3 Ball Lightning at the first 3 turns of a battle would greatly whittle down the lethal and invincible enemy stacks.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Approved Member

I play through the game in hard today as warrior princess and found it to easy, only 2 times killed. Now i play impossible.

Importand Stats after ending the Game in Hard:
Level 56 (Dragon 59)
33 Days (35:07 hours playtime)
80 Quests completed
353,133 Monsters killed
3993 Casualitis
75 Enemy Heroes killed
6 Bosses killed

39760 Leadership

68% Damage Troops
1% Magic
31% Dragon

Rank 1 with 1119 Points
Old 01-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Approved Member

Mana regen is very good (i forget but i dont' run out); spell selection is poor (fireball, phantom, call of nature, slow are the best ones). My mage (hard) has 20 assins; 24 inquistors; 44 royal snake; 9 royal griffons and 2 cyclops. I'm totally stuck at this point (i think).

I do not understand how archmage shield spell keeps the enemy busy. As far as I can tell that spell has little effect on my buffer (they still suffer large losses).

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeel View Post
Annoying... What skills have you chosen? How is your mana and mana regeneration + what spells do you have, that you use?
I found that I just met a milestone, where as a mage I can actually cast some spells that make a difference. Not just slow!

Try to kite away one of the groups guarding a map, so you can progress a few more islands, just gathering stuff.

Last edited by jake21; 01-04-2010 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Approved Member

I forgot a Unit Tipp:

No One can say thats a unit is best or perfect, its all about what items you have and what skills you skill, but the most important thing is what enemies you fight against!

But for me the important Units Ingame are
- Inquisitors (95% never missed them cause resurrect and rage are strong partners for DragonPetfightstyle)
- Demonlogist (can resurrect every unit ingame except black dragons and summon demons or executeners....very strong later ingame)
- Tirex (can cause fear after bite and eat the dead to fill up own life...and you can resurrect them with the 2 above...strongest lvl 5 unit i found)
Old 01-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

I do not understand how archmage shield spell keeps the enemy busy. As far as I can tell that spell has little effect on my buffer (they still suffer large losses).
it gives 50% to all damage reduction. ( apart from astral maybe? )
Anyhow tihs is quite alot i'd say + the magic shield couts for the damage reduce medal.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Approved Member

I am fairly certain Magic Shield is a 'halving' effect AFTER damage resistance, so it isn't as awesome as it could be. That is to say that for physical resistance on a knight (30%) the calculation is:

total damage = base damage * (.7 for resistance) * (.5 for shield)

which is different from

total damage = base damage * (.2)... .7-.5

The former is not as strong as the later, but still nice.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Approved Member

Anyways if anyone has any suggestions how I can continue this game please express them My guess at this point is that if hte game can be continue the only options are switching troups (but to what?) or trying to kilt the dersu map on rusty anchor; any other options ?

Quote:
Mana regen is very good (i forget but i dont' run out); spell selection is poor (fireball, phantom, call of nature, slow are the best ones). My mage (hard) has 20 assins; 24 inquistors; 44 royal snake; 9 royal griffons and 2 cyclops. I'm totally stuck at this point (i think).