Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmodels View Post
For example, if I want to use a rotary switch for flap settings, it would provide continuous input...
S!

Do you mean potentiometers with "rotary switches"? This one is already supported in IL-2 in the HOTAS section of the button configuration screen. You can have analogic rotaries for all the trim axis, flaps, propeller pitch, brakes and maybe something else I can't remember

I made myself a rotary board with 2 potentiometers which I stuck in the TM Cougars rudder pedal port. They work as the "toe brakes" in Cougar setup but I have configured them as rudder trim and flaps in IL-2

-Untamo
Old 03-09-2011, 07:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmodels View Post
Hm, I thought the TARGET software allowed someone to select pulse, continuous, or a couple other options. But that is a bummer, guess I'll need to figure out some new options.
It does, and it works perfectly for IL2-1946. PULSE and MapKeyR are the magic keywords here.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Registered Member

Blackdog: I use a wii remote as my camera and have a 3 point infrared led system that I made and it works flawlessly in other sims. Sure it looks... perhaps less glamorous but it certainly wows people when you show them head tracking for the first time Plus it was fun putting together. I don't know what you're using for the trackir head mounted portion, but you can make an ir led matrix to put out as much light as the trackir camera does in the first place if you're using a reflective clip. Also, I never realized there was anything contentious about headtracking :p I just disagree with naturalpoint's monopolization of the market and oppression of the DIY crowd.

Untamo: I haven't put anything together. I was thinking a rotary toggle type switch for Flap settings, so it wouldn't be a pot. I like the trim idea though. My main goal is just to move some functions off of the keyboard, less memorization that way I'm also thinking about making my own rudder pedals and I've also got an Arduino coming that I should be able to hook up to some stepper motors and make physical Altimeter and Airspeed indicators with, assuming we get some data coming out of the game.

Tintifaxl: Great to know!