Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Umm, how the heck did you do it? The road to demonis is 1,5 tiles wide (by tile I mean your hero or an enemy army). I might be able to lure the one army on the road away , but what do you do with the one in front of the portal? Maybe you did that in the older patch games, and they did something in 1.7. I tried multiple times, but the road was never wide enough for me to run past the Demons guarding the portal.

About Sprites - unfortunately there are too many enemy spells and skills that affect low-level (1-2) units that's why I disdain from using them. If you have Sprites, for example, you can bet that even in low-level Item Supression battles one of the towers will turn them into sheep...
Also because of the low HP, you pretty much must use Resurrection in every battle on them. No Loss games are easier to do and less tedious with Level 3 and higher units.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Umm, how the heck did you do it? The road to demonis is 1,5 tiles wide (by tile I mean your hero or an enemy army). I might be able to lure the one army on the road away , but what do you do with the one in front of the portal? Maybe you did that in the older patch games, and they did something in 1.7. I tried multiple times, but the road was never wide enough for me to run past the Demons guarding the portal.
It's not easy, and you might need several tries before you succeed, but the key is to lure the two enemies together, away from the portal. Once you have their attention, stick to the edge of one side of the road. This is a "fake" move which makes them move more to one side of the road also and not stay at the center, allowing more running room on the other side.

It's not easy, but it could be done.

An easier tactic is to just keep on killing everything before this encounter so that you would be at a high level and be strong enough to at least take out the non-hero enemy. Dancing around one enemy is a lot easier than dancing around two.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Approved Member

. If you have Sprites, for example, you can bet that even in low-level Item Supression battles one of the towers will turn them into sheep...

It is true, also even true for boss fights, but time back is resurrect all units AND dispell the negative spell (often pygmy) AND you can use lvl 1 time back relatively early in the game.
Also you can dispell, and if the enemy control the lake faeries, the sprites can also dispell (this is not often needed but sometimes useful)

Is you have lvl 4-5 units probably it will cast lightning/armageddon killing some from each stack and you have a mutch harder task to resurrect everything.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:17 PM
Approved Member

You can definitely get around those guards at the gate to Demonis, BB. It is tough, and I remember once when I needed 10+ reloads to get it right. You've got to get through with enough room behind you so that you can get back into Underground Sea without the enemy stack being right next to you. It will stay exactly where it was when you went into Demonis.

It is worth it for Fire Rain though.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for the tip. I have not yet played the game through with a warrior and I plan to use an all-elven and later an all-demon army, so I'm gonna need the trick most likely.

In AP getting Demons is much easier, thankfully. You can get to Sheragga, the wandering Demon continent quite easily - the map to the continent is guarded by a quite strong troop just in front of the Necromancer castle in the Montero mines, but there is enough room to nab the scrool from behind them without fighting. There is a catch though - you cannot fly on Sheragga. But the enemies are easy to evade, and you can guaranteedly find all Demon units there (as well as some Lizardmen units), some even in "Horde" quantities. There also more items boosting demons then before. (Anga's Ruby no longer exists, but there is an armor-bearer and another item that increases female unit's attack and initiative).