Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathos View Post
So now that I have made my way onto the Rusty Anchor island and plundered myself some gold, I'm REALLY considering those Evil Beholders back in the Bolo Island viking camp. The only unit I'm really going to consider swapping out of my army would be the polar bears, even though I have the white slippers (+1 morale and speed) which make them 10x better. Royal Snakes are just too good to pass up with the amount of damage they can put down without ever being touched in most cases. However I'm not about to go on an impulse buy and grab as many beholders as I can without getting a bit of more informed feedback from some of the folks on here. And it would be stupid to swap out inq/pally/cyclops. Evil Beholders were bar none my fav unit in KBTL, would it be worth the swap for the bears (and just keep them in reserve incase I need another tank)? Typically I like to have 3-4 ranged units and a tank or 2, lucky for me the cyclops serve a dual-role.
I used the normal beholders at the start of my game, the sleep ability is pretty amazing imo, although a bit unreliable it is especially effective versus big low level stacks ( the lower level the stack the higher the chance it procs aswell )
I have swapped them out now though so i'm not sure i would recommend them but i really did enjoy using them for sure.
The evil ones I have not used in this game yet though i can remember using them in KBTL and they can be really really imba with the hypnotize skill if used properly.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

Maybe it was just dumb luck, but I always had sleep proc more on Evil Beholders than I did Beholders. The last 4 games I started on KBTL the frog brothers would only give me Beholders which really annoyed me but I gave them a chance. Needless to say I was REALLY unimpressed by how useless they were, and just held off on them until I found the Evil Beholders. TBH when I posted this I had sorta forgot about the sleep, I was mostly thinking about how awesome Hypnotize is. So with that I think I'll put the polar bears on the bench and pick up some Evil Beholders! Thanks.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:13 PM
Approved Member

I do not know if the chance is different between beholders and evil beholders, but I think it is close to 100% paralyze chance vs level 1 units. And even though it uses the sleep icon, it is a paralysis effect... hitting them does not wake them up!