Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > IL2 Mods, discussion and links

Old 02-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Approved Member

The last things I have to say on the subject is that if I can learn to fly, compete, fight and have fun using the official patches of IL2 and you can not without using modifications, hacks and cheats, then yes, I am better than you......[/QUOTE]

Official patches are modifications, so that's OK but any other modifications that enhances the game from other than 1C or labelled Official Patch are what you call hacks and cheats? If I'm incorrect on this point please disregard and my sincere apology's. TC
Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler
Palit GTX560 Ti 2 GB DDR5
Trackir 5....Saitek X52pro
COOLER MASTER HAF X
CORSAIR AX850 Power Supply
LG 21'' flatron wide LCD

Last edited by too-cool; 02-01-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:37 AM
Approved Member

i actually can 'see' where he's coming from here... in a way.

he's bemoaning the loss of 'what was'... and yeah, the 'GOOD OLE DAYS' of any sim are always best and most exciting when viewed thru the rose-tinted glasses of a person's memory. i feel the same way about a few of my old girlfriends, going to grammer school in a one horse town, growing up on a farm in the 1950's, my first rock concert (The Four Seasons), etc, etc...

however, as good as all those things were, they definitely weren't as perfect as i remember them to be and i clearly know it... only thru passed time they just 'seem' better than they were. ---and no doubt this sim wasn't as perfect as he'd like to 'remember' it was either if he really sat down and thought it over before blowing off steam at 'who/what' he perceives as destroying all those good memories.

but hey yeah, i miss those heady ole days too... good times. but then 'these' days CAN be good times too if a person wants them to be.

i'm a modder, with likely over two hundred mods in the game, and with my mods used by many, many people all over the world. and i can HONESTLY say i've never (as in NEVER) built a cheat (as he calls it) and i honestly don't personally know any other modder (and i know a heck of a lot of 'em) that has either. i NEVER touch the stock files. my planes are always new slots, new names, and though i may tweak an FM on those planes to be what i think is correct for the model i'm making, i have NEVER put a changed FM in the game for ANY stock plane. so yes, i have modded planes in the game, but they're still basically 95 percent stock parts...and the stock planes right beside them are completely untouched by me so when you fly those stock planes, you're flying Oleg Maddox and crew all the way, baby!

you have a choice with my mods... fly MY P-40_E1 new slot plane with the small changes i've made... or fly the STOCK P-40E with NO changes made by me. and such is most mods like that. nobody's forcing anybody to fly my mod, the choice is there and clear. it was a choice NOBODY had back in the old days of this sim. (except the real cheaters and yes they WERE around even back then, we just didn't know it.) now days we have the choice, which is what modding is really all about.

why anybody would want to go wild and get mad over getting/having choices is beyond me.

but it seems the original poster here wants to 'go back' in time and re-live the great, 'good ole days.' and wow...the clock moves FORWARD not BACKWARD. we can't go back, just like i can't go back to 1962 (one of the best years of my life.)

everything evolves and changes... or it stagnates, rots and dies, law of the universe. nothing stays the same. and the same with the game here. the 'stale' was setting in...and modders breathed NEW life into it. fact! whether he wants to admit it or not. i don't expect him to thank us for it, no, but the least he could do is not ATTACK us for it.

Last edited by Beowolff; 02-02-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Approved Member

Condemning all people who make MODS for IL2 would definitely be wrong on my part and no different than condemning someone for their race or religion.

People who do things for the love of it are a benefit to the world, people who do things to put themselves or special interests forward have a negative impact, and those two forces exist in every human endeavor.

A lot of those into modding IL2 may have never known the sim before mods for it existed.

I just believe that IL2 would be better off if those with the talent and interest to work on IL2 had the patience to all work on it together with the blessing of it's creators on new official patches, instead of breaking off in different directions any time their favorite aircraft doesn't work the way they think it should, or they do not have the patience to wait for something to be in an official patch.

If that would have happened then during the slow times on Hyperlobby, the few that are left there could think a lot more about flying together with others and having fun and less about installing the game, who they can and can not fly with and which version of IL2 is better etc..
Old 02-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumoschwanz View Post
Condemning all people who make MODS for IL2 would definitely be wrong on my part and no different than condemning someone for their race or religion.

People who do things for the love of it are a benefit to the world, people who do things to put themselves or special interests forward have a negative impact, and those two forces exist in every human endeavor.

A lot of those into modding IL2 may have never known the sim before mods for it existed.

I just believe that IL2 would be better off if those with the talent and interest to work on IL2 had the patience to all work on it together with the blessing of it's creators on new official patches, instead of breaking off in different directions any time their favorite aircraft doesn't work the way they think it should, or they do not have the patience to wait for something to be in an official patch.

If that would have happened then during the slow times on Hyperlobby, the few that are left there could think a lot more about flying together with others and having fun and less about installing the game, who they can and can not fly with and which version of IL2 is better etc..
While your words are pretty mate, your original post did exactly what you are bemoaning, you took the actions of a single fool and broad brushed everyone who you perceive be like him. You are mostly wrong about your so called mod mentality; the majority of Mods add new content to IL2, not modify existing content.

WD is a tit, pure and simple, and I take it as a personal insult if you think any thing he has to say in anyway represents what any person who I associate with thinks, feels or does.

I expect better from you.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumoschwanz View Post
Talking about mods is allowed on this forum, does that mean that it has to all be positive? Blowing sunshine up someone's skirt? Opposing opinions and criticism are part of free speech and free societies, especially if they are facts.
The last things I have to say on the subject is that if I can learn to fly, compete, fight and have fun using the official patches of IL2 and you can not without using modifications, hacks and cheats, then yes, I am better than you.

And if I choose to stick by the official version of IL2 and back up those who work on it instead of complaining about it and modding it after only trying it for a few days, then that makes me feel better about myself too.

Those who can do, and those who can't use mods, hacks and cheats and will still get shot down anyway... They are not smart enough to realize that the problem lies not with their tools, but with themselves.

Thank you for moving this to the proper forum, the mod forum, and thank you for letting me have my say. I think I am finished now.....

You dont know nothing about mods, you are just a radiacal anti-mod, there is a lot of great improvements by modders with hight quality, but if dont want to see at last close your mounth!
Old 05-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Approved Member

This thread has been an eye opener, and makes me very sad.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Approved Member

Hmm.
Why that?
I mean, the "becoming sad" part?
Old 06-07-2012, 01:05 AM
What the heck...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HundertneunGustav View Post
Hmm.
Why that?
I mean, the "becoming sad" part?

I think he's referring to the obnoxiously fascist stance some here have taken in regards to tolerating or respecting (or lack thereof) the opinion of others.

Personally, I'm not a fan of most of the mods, particularly the packaged "mega-mods", and I've experienced that many mods only change something simply for the sake of changing it, without actually making an improvement of some kind, and almost universally at a cost to game performance and reliability. Some mods are fantastic, like the new MiG-3 visual model and some of the maps, a few of which have been incorporated into recent patches.

Many additions in the game going all the way back to v1.10 come from third-party contributors. The user flyable I-16 Types 18 and 24 were originally conceived as mods, albeit policed to an acceptable standard by Maddox Games. So just because something is a mod doesn't mean that's it's evil.

Last edited by Treetop64; 06-07-2012 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Added Quote due to new page.