Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 12-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Approved Member

It would seem to me, this announcement is way better than the alternative, being which would have been the end of this series. And we may have come very close to that happening.
Some like it, some don't, but at least we know the series is still alive s, and hopefully if successfull will continue to grow.

EVGA X79 Dark MB| I7 4820Kcpu @ 4.5 ghz|16gb Corsair 2100 MHZ DDR3 ram|EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB |SoundBlaster Z PCIe soundcard | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5 | Windows 8.1 64 bit
Old 12-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Approved Member

With less competition, customers lose, companies win
Old 12-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOZR View Post
http://forum.il2sturmovik.net/

Guys this is a big day, and we should all congratulate both Team of the developers.. 1C to willing to keep going and 777 to get on with them..

I hope that you will understand that this is the only way for a sim of that caliber to survive.. I did understand and going with the flow. We are so fortunate that 777 ( Jason ) is in it now.. Don't forget "he is one of us".. one passionate of Aviation and Flight Sim, You can find him roaming the virtual skies and I'm telling you that the Teams / he will give their best.

I really see a bright future and a load of fun for all.

I say Congratulations. Please help the best you can.

Agreed

Let's also not forget that they will have members who worked on the CloD engine and so will know how to add DM and FM to the software. It's not just 777 working on it now, they have 2-years to actually make improvements. At-least with a good team-leader at the helm, we should know what difficulties they face on a regular basis...rather than the endless months of no information at-all!

MP

Last edited by Mysticpuma; 12-11-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Approved Member

I look forward to a new WW2 flight sim. I hope it is an improvement on CloD and Im confident that 777 can help deliver it.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_O_A_D View Post
Well IIRC the ROF team left 1C over development of "Knight of the Sky" or something like that, and became Nequib or something near to that. And found the IL2 Eng was not working the way they wanted. So they developed the ROF engine, then they were loosing the business Jason saved them.

But the point here is the majority of the team is all together again.

Possibly they can get it all together and working beyond our dreams as IL2 was initially, from what we had at the time.
After playing ROF for this first time. One of my first thoughts was, why can't they put some WW2 aircraft in this and make a WW2 flight sim, this thing runs great. Yes 777 is awesome in my book. However not such a fan of the pay for each aircraft DLC model.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.burnette View Post
It would seem to me, this announcement is way better than the alternative, being which would have been the end of this series. And we may have come very close to that happening.
Some like it, some don't, but at least we know the series is still alive s, and hopefully if successfull will continue to grow.
The fact is the IL*2 series is effectively ended.
It´s about RoF series what we are talking about now.
GTX 560
Old 12-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Luthier was also clearly passionate, when will people see he is actually the real victim here and Oleg is the sod that ran off before the shit hit the fan!
+1 here. Oleg should be forgotten by the community for all the glam he got with the initial release of IL-2 fade away in the deepest mud when he made a run for it. His lies about the false 'all new engine' left 'BraveHeart' Luthier facing the lions ahead.

AA_Engadin.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Approved Member

They should both be ashamed, years of lies and string pulling to a loyal community.

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 12-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOZR View Post
http://forum.il2sturmovik.net/
Guys this is a big day, and we should all congratulate both Team of the developers.. 1C to willing to keep going and 777 to get on with them..
I hope that you will understand that this is the only way for a sim of that caliber to survive.. I did understand and going with the flow. We are so fortunate that 777 ( Jason ) is in it now.. Don't forget "he is one of us".. one passionate of Aviation and Flight Sim, You can find him roaming the virtual skies and I'm telling you that the Teams / he will give their best.
I really see a bright future and a load of fun for all.
I say Congratulations. Please help the best you can.
Absolutely.. the 777 AVG was one of the first squads I saw when I first got here in 02.. I remember when he left to start his business..
Old 12-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
[b]Luthier was also clearly passionate, when will people see he is actually the real victim here and Oleg is the sod that ran off before the shit hit the fan![/b[
The only way that the new game could become better than COD is to include all the great parts of COD...
Huge number of items in a map.
Amazing click-able cockpits.
Amazing damage model (ROF looks good but no cockpit damage and no where near the systems that a ww2 aircraft has to model, so time will tell. The visual breaking of structure is more than welcome.)
.. and you know this because..? .. and what's so amazing about clickable pits .. Frankly using my mouse when flying kind of takes away from the immersion for me.. I'm happy if the function is there and can be assigned to some control.. but that's me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristorf View Post
They should both be ashamed, years of lies and string pulling to a loyal community.
I don't know what happened.. for all we know Oleg was driven out and trying to hold on over the years..we don't know.. basically .. and this will sound harsher than I mean it .. but everyone with the negativity just needs to STFU and get over it. It's done. You bought a sim that wasn't what you wanted.. like me.. It happens.. What we have will not be ike IL2 with a whole bunch of free stuff. For all we know all that "free stuff" in IL2 could have been just as responsible for the delays and eventual demise of CoD.. We don't know.. we may never know.. but basically if you want to weep and gnash your teeth you need to just go in a corner and do it because no one wants to hear all that B.S. .. It's done. The modders of CoD will do what they do and who knows where that will go.. but this is a new thing and none of us have any clue what's coming down the pike so why piss in the glass before the beer is even in it.. Get over it.. Move on and look up.

Sorry if I offended anyone..