Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Mods, discussions, links, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Approved Member

I think I'd remember if I put an MG_FF into a Spit....

The Spit's use the 20mm Hispano-Suiza, which is included in the game by default and used by the Beaufighter.

I don't encourage use of it online - It certainly would be blatant cheating, although nothing you couldn't do yourself with a text editor and a copy of the kegetys.dll. Maybe take your criticism to him as well?

However, I do respect the fact that you don't want to use the mod. Although you should have maybe done your homework before posting

Regardless, I've fixed a few problems and added a couple of things. Big thanks to 313_Paegas for his help!! I can't release today because Steam decided to reset all my keybindings so I can't use my joystick etc and test it until they're remapped, and between work and doing stuff at home, I haven't had the time to sort it out.

That said, I've booked the day off work tomorrow so there should (gods willing) be a meaningful update

Dave - I agree about the layout in the data files. It's a godsend! With other games, it's all about changing abstract parameters. In Cliffs, there's real physical properties to play with. This game is really well constructed under the hood - there's a lot of thought gone into the structrure which should hopefully become apparent as the teething problems get ironed out.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmiol View Post
i'm not sure that kind of mod is really add legs to the sims...

it is just some cheating mod for me.

and a spitfire with MGFF it is not realistic for me neither....

hopefully this kind of mod is not allow online!
When used offline how do you call this a "cheating mod"???? The current performance specs of the Spitfires are woefully inadequate, this "cheating mod" --as you put it-- brings the various Marks up much closer to specification for offline play. How do you "cheat" against yourself? The creator of this mod worked hard to provide this to us and you disrespect his effort by calling it a "cheating mod"? Did he not warn that this modification NOT be used online?

And if you prefer not to use MGFF, then don't select it when flying this sim offline. Why would that be a problem? At least you have the CHOICE to simulate a late-BoB 19 Squadron pilot if you CHOOSE.

By "legs" I meant that this mods' creator gave freely of his time, effort, and knowledge to make this sim a little more authentic for -- as he specified -- OFFLINE PLAY, as has Jafa with his fantastic sound mod. Unlike you, I am grateful for this generosity, not derisive.

Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; 08-17-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Approved Member

Update
  • Cannons and machine guns can now be fired independently (as they should be). Thanks to 313_Paegas for the fix

• 100 octane fuel (+12 boost) now available for Hawker Hurricanes.

• +9 Boost changed back to +6.252 Boost for standard (87 octane) Spit Ia & Ib. Decision was made for historical accuracy. My research was wrong in the beginning - 100 octane fuelled models (+12 Boost) still available though

• Changed default loadout for all Browning equipped Spitfires. I see a lot of posts on the forums that the default loadout is useless and cannot currently be changed (unless online or in FMB).

Loadout is now as follows:

Port Gun 1 Browning303MkII MainBelt Tracer AP AP AP AP AP AP AP AP AP Residual 0
    Port Gun 2 Browning303MkII MainBelt Incendiary AP AP AP AP Residual 0
    Port Gun 3 Browning303MkII MainBelt AP Incendiary AP Residual 0
    Port Gun 4 Browning303MkII MainBelt Incendiary Incendiary AP Residual 25
    Star Gun 5 Browning303MkII MainBelt Incendiary Incendiary AP Residual 25
    Star Gun 6 Browning303MkII MainBelt AP Incendiary AP Residual 0
    Star Gun 7 Browning303MkII MainBelt Incendiary AP AP AP AP Residual 0
    Star Gun 8 Browning303MkII MainBelt Tracer AP AP AP AP AP AP AP AP AP Residual 0

• Changed classnames in plane selector GUI for easier use. Everything should be listed sequentially now.
Let me know how you get on, and of any bugs/inaccuracies etc.

Updated link on first post

Thanks.

Last edited by Das Attorney; 08-17-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

All working very well, including the 100 octane Hurricane. Nicely laid out in the selection GUI now. Much more satfisfying flying these aircraft now. BTW - good tip on leaning fuel mixture when going BUSTER.....thanks!!
Old 08-19-2011, 06:03 AM
machoo

Hey is it possible to swap around the cannons so that they are like this?
Just for fun and to tear it up

4 x Hispano-Suiza Mk.II 20mm cannon - 60 rounds per gun
2 x Browning .303 machine guns - 350 rounds per gun
Old 08-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Approved Member

It crashes launcher as soon as I choose Quick Mission

Maybe because of another mod...I placed the Spitfire Cannon Pack at the end...maybe tracertweak?...I'll experiment later today
Crucial M4 256GB SSD, WD Raptor 600 GB hard disk
EVGA GTX580 graphics card
HP ZR24W Monitor 1900 X 1200 24"
Thrustmaster Warthog joystick
Saitek Combat rudder pedals
TrackIr 5

Last edited by louisv; 08-20-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Approved Member

Try it on it's own mate - I had a few crashes when I used some other mods. I think it was a mod that changed the backgrounds, but I can't be sure.

Let me know how you get on
Old 08-30-2011, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

what is the "target" line and of what shortcut?
Old 09-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Attorney View Post

I don't encourage use of it online - It certainly would be blatant cheating, although nothing you couldn't do yourself with a text editor and a copy of the kegetys.dll. Maybe take your criticism to him as well?
Plain Hypocrisies and un-modded !
Old 09-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomcatViP View Post
Plain Hypocrisies and un-modded !
I don't understand you. What are you trying to say?
Closed Thread