Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 08-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Approved Member

-A QM builder interface just like IL2.
-The ability in SP to change the experience level of enemy pilots
-Much more items placed around airfields...planes, people, etc.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Approved Member

1. Just a little further optimization in terms of stuttering (i STILL have stutters in game, but my fps are never less than 30 fps thx to the new medium effects setting... avg 50 which is great basically, but there is still a "decent" amout of stuttering low level) Apart from this I am quite happy with the performance right now! If further optimization to remove stuttering isnt possible without dumbing things down, i am fine with that too! as long as better hardware can erase stutters etc eventually its okay for me!

2. steady work on the FM/DM, but they are on the right way I think! (this includes correction of some mistakes in cockpit modelling as well, like the Blenheim boost gauge, the many many minor flaws in the 109 and 110 cockpit (see bugtracker)and in other planes)

3. bugfixing of the long list of minor bugs which are annoying due to the sheer amount of it (retracted landing gear online; AI gunner control; weird red graphic bugs in cockpit when wounded; objects can be seen through clouds etc.)

4. Fully operational Communications system

5. Bring back high clouds, maybe canopy reflection in the distance and better view of distant objects like buildings (bombing is a little hard right now, because the targets appear way too late)

6. Enhance and improve sounds (sometimes missing AA and enemy gun fire hit sounds; more ambient sounds like tweeting birds, working sounds on an airfield, crushing waves etc; sounds of smashing und crushing glass and gauges when your cockpit is hit) In general: I want just more sounds to get this thing ALIVE so it feels real!

7. Physics: broken parts of another aircraft should damage you if you are hit by them (this would revolutionize the combat in terms of caution by an attack etc)
Tree collision model (this would revolutionize emergency landings and low level combat)

8. Some corrections of the netcode (this includes the landing gear retracted bug and other flaws while flying online)

This is my personal wishlist for CloD. If they can manage to correct these mistakes, I consider this game as "complete and totally awesome to play" I know this seems to be a huge list, but some of this bugs should be pretty easy to solve while others take more time. Anyway this is no waste of time for the devs, because nearly all of it is necessary for a successful sequel either way!

Every other extension, like a fully functional weather system (maybe dynamic, but not necessarily), navigation and landing lights or the MUCH NEEDED Coop System has time till the release of the sequel... of course then all new features should be applied to CloD as well!!
Old 08-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smink1701 View Post
I get the feeling that the next official update for CLoD may be the last
Where do you get that?
Old 08-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Approved Member

Theres a lot left to do yet so I doubt the next pach will be the last one.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catito14 View Post
Where do you get that?
My next door neighbor told me.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smink1701 View Post
My next door neighbor told me.
Lol ... c´mon, i asked seriously.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
+100
Sorry if this seems to get a bit off topic....but it does have to do with a wish..

Regarding an S D. K., How did IL-2:1946 become a modded game? Was it an S.D.K. that opened it up? Did Maddox/1C release or open the code up? Or was it more a hack, then they decided to support it?

Just curious if the "fixes" everybody wants are possible via a MOD community. 1946 turned into a really awesome platform via the Mod community. Or are those days gone? Or do we have to wait 10 years again?
www.iijg53.com
My YouTube Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/marmusman

Old 08-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catito14 View Post
Lol ... c´mon, i asked seriously.
My neighbor was having drinks with Luthier at DWF International Airport's AA-Admiral's Club during a recent layover on his way to LA. He said and I quote "We will do one more official update for Cliffs of Dover and then will give BOM all our attention moving forward in anticipation of the December 7 release." Then he made my neighbor swear that he would keep this information to himself. Well, he obviously didn’t and I thought it was my duty to report it here. You're welcome.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Approved Member

Hello,
FIX RADIO COMMANDS
some of us are offliners
Old 08-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

Question Floating circles and suchlike

Good choices there folks.

The floating circle is the predictor sight and should be there on aircraft that were fitted with that type of sight i guess to be accurate.
Dont think many RAF aircraft had them in Battle of Brittain???.

Yeah also a record play function would be good....Hey what about an editor too? like Rise of flights would be great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LUTON 3.jpg (107.3 KB, 15 views)