Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

What I like about Vinni Puh is that you can practice anything there. The maps have more than one base for each side so if someone is attacking one base you can just spawn at the other.

There are guys there that fight up high, and guys there who fight low and also ground attackers.

It's plane sets are year-specific so you will fly against aircraft that are contemporary with your own give or take a year.

The lack of outside views lets you do what you want without anyone looking over your shoulder.

Lastly, it is very often populated quite well. It seems like people watch it because often when I have joined it at odd hours when it is deserted suddenly regulars with show up right afterwards for a bit of fun.

S!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Approved Member

Grijdedicado server has pretty the same settings as vinni puh server. It might be better!
Old 01-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
Grijdedicado server has pretty the same settings as vinni puh server. It might be better!
What's wrong with you?
Old 01-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Approved Member

Grij is a good place to practice things too, it just depends on the mood you are in. But one thing that Vinni Puh has that Grij does not is map objectives that ground-pounders can complete.

I get on both now and then, it is nice to try different and new servers that have a variety of skill settings. I am not a fan of outside views or open cockpits, but you can still have fun on them if your friends are there, or the servers you prefer are not populated.

I see out there that more and more servers are now running 4.11 and that is going to be fun for everyone.

S!
Old 01-27-2012, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermin View Post
You't can't even outclimb it in a TA, dude.

Seriously, have you ever flown TA in a dogfight server before?

Try some sorties there and post your ntrks here. Show us your skills.

My stats: http://212.192.155.118/index.php?nav...807/index.html
"Favorite plane: Bf-109G-2"

EDIT: Just was on it for two hours. Had some fun... but unfortunately almost everyone is just grounddigging T&B. If the airfields were more far away from each other, it could be a top server.

----------------------------------------------
For bugreports, help and support contact:
daidalos.team@googlemail.com

For modelers - The IL-2 standard modeling specifications:
IL-Modeling Bible

Last edited by EJGr.Ost_Caspar; 01-27-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:09 AM
Approved Member

What's so wrong with G2? Russian blue players love G2 best, that's why they built so many 42'-43' missions.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
I remember it was one of the few CRT=2 servers out there on HL. My squadmates and I have once played there. But we pawned their admins so much that they booted us out and lower the ping thredshold to some 200. So we could not joined any more. LOL

Many Western server admins are reluctant to accept the fact that there are always people who are more skilled than themselves. But I don't see this problem in Russian servers.

Last edited by jermin; 01-28-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Many Western server admins are reluctant to accept the fact that there are always people who are more skilled than themselves. But I don't see this problem in Russian servers.
I flew on Vinni Puh a lot over the years, and some other servers from the same part of the world. I always had the greatest respect for the pilots from there. They were way ahead of everyone else on engine-management because the Yak and other Russian fighters have needed mixture, supercharger and prop adjustments with the first version of Forgotten Battles.

In some early FB patches the Yak could turn like a Spitfire while the 109s were all skating around using a lot of flaps to even come close to them, that is when more of the smarter IL2 pilots(not me) started zooming and booming, like Chivas and jv44 Rall. I always liked the visibility of the 109F, the G2 had good performance but rear view has always sucked.

Me as "the noob" in 2003 using padlock flying a 109G2 around in CrazyIvan's server. There are a lot of great old names in the chat-bar if you watch, some of them you still see on rare occasion. Boy do I miss those days:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...34/QnOUkIyj5Dc

This was patch 1.21 for Forgotten Battles which came out in November 2003 and this track was made in December. We already had over two years flying IL2. Everyone is trying out the new P-51 Mustang which was in this patch! Also the Ki-84a and A6m5a zero first made an appearance here, and we were on the road to Pacific Fighters..! I used to download these patches and fly with a 56k modem, I thought I had the hot setup because it was an external hardware modem, not a junky internal software job. IT would often take half a day to download one patch for IL2.

Last edited by Jumoschwanz; 01-28-2012 at 03:59 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:05 AM
Approved Member

Nice video! It is exciting to see online gameplays from 9 years ago.

Look at those tiny reticles. Why didn't you use manual prop pitch? It would gain you a lot more power.

I started flying online in 2004. I can still remember rudder and elevator responsiveness of 109s under high speed were not that stiff as today's. And there weren't any delay in elevator trim either. Seriously, do we really need to argue the time spent in turning trim wheel to death while overlook the heavy workload of Russian pilots?

Besides, I really hope TD can give 109 pilots a chance to let them hold the control sticks with both hands.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Besides, I really hope TD can give 109 pilots a chance to let them hold the control sticks with both hands.
You dont use elevator trim in high speed turns?