Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD download, installation and activation threads

CoD download, installation and activation threads All discussions about installation, online activation and Steam

Old 07-21-2011, 12:25 AM
Approved Member

1 C IF I WAS YOU I WOULD take this up with the idiots at steam....THEY ARE MAKING YOU LOOK BAD
Old 07-21-2011, 11:49 PM
Approved Member

Default Capcha prevents me from creating a Steam account

Last night I posted this to Steam support, and am still awaiting an answer:

Yesterday and today I tried to create my first ever Steam account, but each time I correctly enter the characters displayed in the capcha image, I receive "Please verify your humanity by re-entering the characters below."

I then repeat the process, taking care to type in the characters exactly as they appear, sometimes refreshing them if I am uncertain what the characters are - but each time I just receive that same notice. After a few attempts, I am then told "Your account creation request failed, please try again later."

I have tried to create an account using 4 different computers, 2 Macs and 2 running Windows 7, in Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari, but the above keeps happening.

I can assure you I am most definitely human, and feeling quite human frustration - so how can I create my Steam account?
Old 07-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
Do you have a friend that can create it for you? One of our squaddies had to do the same, not sure why it wouldn't recognize that silly verification thing.
Thanks for that tip, though I figured doing that myself from different computers, including my work computer, would essentially do that for me, but no joy.

However, this morning I finally noticed the green "Install Steam" link on the create account page, so I figured perhaps that installer would allow me a different method of creating a Steam account.

It did, and even though the Steam installer told me the available account name I had been trying to register all this time is no longer available(!), I was finally able to create a new Steam account, give them money and buy CloD.

Let's hope that was the last time I ever have to think about Steam.

Charlo
Old 07-25-2011, 05:48 AM
Approved Member

Many thanks, Cheesehawk - got it, and done!

Charlo
Old 08-25-2011, 05:55 AM
Registered Member

I have bought and played all the games in the IL2 Sturmovik series of Combat Flight Simulators. The latest (Cliffs of Dover) were not available in South Africa, so I bought it whilst on holiday in Germany. It was very expensive at 49,99 Euros, and you had to register in a new disastrous new platform called 'Steam' to load it. This platform requires a lot of internet traffic which makes it difficult with my slow rural connection in SA. I first tried to test the game in Germany, but my hosts PC were too slow. On returning to SA on Tuesday I tried to install it, but the Steam platform would not let me. It said I was still logged in in Germany. I wrote to Steam Support, but received no reply or solution other than an automated response. My German host tried to delete the Steam software and game from his PC, but it resisted his efforts. All I want is to load and play my game that I bought. They must stop blocking my account and enable me. I think in an effort to combat piracy, that they have started to handicap their loyal clients in such a way as to commit piracy of a sort on them. As a loyal client I expect service! Please help if you can.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter Oberholzer View Post
I have bought and played all the games in the IL2 Sturmovik series of Combat Flight Simulators. The latest (Cliffs of Dover) were not available in South Africa, so I bought it whilst on holiday in Germany. It was very expensive at 49,99 Euros, and you had to register in a new disastrous new platform called 'Steam' to load it. This platform requires a lot of internet traffic which makes it difficult with my slow rural connection in SA. I first tried to test the game in Germany, but my hosts PC were too slow. On returning to SA on Tuesday I tried to install it, but the Steam platform would not let me. It said I was still logged in in Germany. I wrote to Steam Support, but received no reply or solution other than an automated response. My German host tried to delete the Steam software and game from his PC, but it resisted his efforts. All I want is to load and play my game that I bought. They must stop blocking my account and enable me. I think in an effort to combat piracy, that they have started to handicap their loyal clients in such a way as to commit piracy of a sort on them. As a loyal client I expect service! Please help if you can.
It kind of sounds like your Steam account is set to (auto-run and) auto-login on your friends computer... Maybe have him just turn off his computer for a few hours and you can install Steam while his computer is turned off (because it can't possibly be logged on while turned off).

You will probably have to have access to the email you used to register steam as it will likely want to validate your computer as a new computer for that account.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Approved Member

Is there a way to play CLOD without Steam? The last few days a barely can connect to my account and fly. I´m a offliner. Thanks,
Rip Jaws DDR3 2000 6GB
FSB 200Mhz/ Memory Bus 1000MHz
SSD G.Skill Phoenix Pro 60GB
SSD OCZ Revo X2 240GB (flight sims)
WD5000AAKS 500GB
BX 2250 21,5" 1920x1080@60Hz
Sidewinder FFB II
Win 7 64 bits Ultimate
Corsair 850W
Old 09-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Approved Member

You can set steam to offline.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Registered Member

How do you set Steam to offline and then turn it back to online when you wish?
Old 09-23-2011, 11:46 PM
Approved Member

At some stage I was willing to help You, cheer You up or stand for You at ubisoft or something but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk471138 View Post
...GO KILL YOUR SELVES AND YOUR LOVED ONES...
That clears everything to me... Read and follow manual before using anything human. If You can't simply explain mistake You did nobody is going to help You. In ancient Greace You would be thrown to the wolfs. Now explain what Did You do wrong?

Asus P6T V2 Deluxe, I7 930, 3x2 GB RAM XMS3 Corsair1333 Mhz, Nvidia Leadtek GTX 470, Acer 1260p screen projector, Track IR 4 OS ver5, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder, Saitek X52, Win 7 x64 ultimate