Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 06-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Approved Member

Swordfish would be cool, add that to alot more ships and youve got a diff spin on this sim straight away...

that scenario with the FX this game has would be something else
Old 06-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Approved Member

Oh and Mystic..

Whens the next Checkers coming out?
Old 06-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Approved Member

this is still a BoB scenario , and the new IL2 series should stay sceanrio based !
Not like the old IL2 series that peppered the planes from 1939 to 45 and around the world - leaving a lot of holes in the specific scenarios.

As said, my No1 would be a flyable Wellington or Hampden. And than the Do17Z would be nice as flyable.
I have mainly online wars_/events in mind with this , the Blenheim as only flyable RAF bomber so far, is not such a 'bomber beast' with its 1000lb

As ships, something like the Black Swan Sloop class for the RN and a normal freighter would be nice. I dont need special groundtargets anymore in this scenario tbh .... perhaps markings on the static aircraft
Old 06-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Approved Member

I would like to see a D.520 with a Battle of France campaign. After they fix the rest of the stuff first though.
220px-D_520_Le_Bourget_01.jpg
Old 06-23-2011, 01:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
Oh and Mystic..

Whens the next Checkers coming out?
January 2012 and it will be about 2 hours 20 minutes long

Nice list of suggestions so-far chaps. I suppose my main thought process for the current time-frame of CloD is pretty much keeping the Axis at bay, which is why I considered Coastal Command aircraft/missions as a priority, this would of-course require Submarines and also Shipping, so in essence a 'complete' package or patch to add this to it.

I have to be honest and say I haven't so-far been impressed by the CloD release, however what is done is done and if the current patching carries on with Forum Beta testing support, the future can only get better. There is no need to keep bleating about it, the truth is, if there is a chance to utilise the basic fundamental flight and damage models, this does have the chance to come off life support and grow into a well rounded adult, s good luck to the developers.

However, once that is done, it would be interesting to see what the future developments of add-ons could possibly hold and for that reason I am asking what models could be added but with justification for the reason to add them.

So the Swordfish, Catalina, B-24, Beaufort all have a place in Coastal Command which flew many missions against the Axis shipping, Submarines and ports on the edge of Europe and therefore justify the possible inclusion (not Beaufort) in future updates for what they did during this period.

I should add, typing FW-190 doesn't give a reason why it should be seen as a priority?

Going back to Blackdog's suggestion of the Catalina, this has many and varied missions that could be available to it but one I think which would be intense as-well as being intriguing could be a search for a downed air crew?

You are given a heading a rough location and then you have to rescue three/four or five members of a downed crew in a time-limit as the sun sets and visibility diminishes. You have to look out for torches, flares, inflatable boats or life-jacket, debris on the surface, all of which give you markers that you are in the correct area.

As Blackdog said, there are many, many opportunities for missions so lets here your ideas with justification for inclusion.

Cheers, MP
Old 06-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Approved Member

the next adon will most propably the memntioned "Battle of Moskau" - that means a timeframe late 1941 to early 42, eastern front:
possible planes (no coplete list for sure ! )
Bf109F-2 (perhaps -4)
Bf109E-7/B
Bf110E
Hs123
Hs126
Ju87B/D
He111H
Ju88A-5, -4
I-16
I-153
MiG-3
Yak-1
LaGG-3
P-40B/C
R-5
IL-2 (single seaters)
Pe-2 , -3
DB-3
SB-2

i doubt there will be intermediate AdOns for the new IL2 series to sell planes for another scenario on a given map (like Dieppe 42)!
Hopefully there will be some free adon planes in needed patches....but i guess far of the amount as in the old IL" series . These times are over.

IMHO, 1C should give the RAF one more flyable bomber , as the Wellington is there already as AI, use the Wellington (even if my persoanl favorite would be a Hampden !). Make a Bf109E-4 and E-1 ( should be not so difficult) ad a Hurricane Mk.II , sure fix all the stuff in game ( ) and than soldier on to the next Full AdOn , the mentioned eastern front scenario !

Last edited by JG53Frankyboy; 06-23-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Approved Member

I agree with Franky when he says the additions to the Il-2 CloD line should be scenario-based. The often "disconnected" way of choosing additions to the planepool we saw in the original Il-2 line was something I did not like one bit. For me it brought nothing but disappointment, frustration and it did blow up my installation with a load of hangar queens which I rarely used at all.

At the moment I hope for three aircraft to be included: Bf 109 E-1, Bf 109 E-4 and Ju 52 3m (as baronWastelan pointed out - how could I have missed that type?). All three would have significant impact on gameplay (or in the latter case would simply be a much needed addition).
But to be honest I would postpone all three (or any others, for that matter) for significant additions to the game engine in the gameplay aspect. Maddox Games does not only need to fix the many large and small issues of the engine but also fix the FMB (right now I can't use certain objects without encountering almost-CTDs), add a campaign module that is worth the title (with rank structure, medals, roster etc) and - I mean we're all dreaming here - a really good dynamic campaign module that doesn't want to be a strategy game but follows the line of the classic Red Baron II campaign system (or, of newer date, RoF). It would need to be flexible enough to be able to depict very different theaters with very different styles of air war (East & early North Africa vs West & late MTO), really puts the air forces into the role they really played and doesn't force the player to be both pilot and warlord.

EDIT: Franky it's just Bf 109 E-7. Only E-1, E-3 and E-4 featured the suffix /b when they were modified for carrying bombs. The E-7 is just the factory standard which incorporated all those changes.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Approved Member

Fairey Battle
Old 06-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
........................EDIT: Franky it's just Bf 109 E-7. Only E-1, E-3 and E-4 featured the suffix /b when they were modified for carrying bombs. The E-7 is just the factory standard which incorporated all those changes.
COPY, sir
it was a try to point out, that Emils in the Moskau area were only flown as fighterbombers , by II(Schlacht)/LG2 that became I./SchG1 in january 42 AFAIK
Old 06-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Approved Member

It's a variant,yes................

Last edited by the Dutchman; 06-23-2011 at 03:48 PM.