Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 06-09-2010, 08:09 AM
Approved Member

Ohmow, I understand you want to learn how to play MoW and you just have a demo at the moment.

You need to know that MoW AS is mainly for MP and MoW MP has a huge learning curve and the interface is just the beginning.

I’ve played something like 100 online battles and I am still a noob. I guess MoW AS attracted many hardcore MoW players who are way out of my league. That’s why I won’t go for it.

My advice to you is: buy MoW. You can get it cheap and it is a very good game and a much better tool for learning how to play MoW coz it has a larger and more diverse MP community than AS. I see that there is a steady influx of new players so you will easily find somebody who would like to experiment with you.

And I believe you will find help very easily on this forum on all sort of problems, not just the interface but you need to get into the game first and start asking specific questions: like how to use binocular or on which map and when is it best to use Comet?

Last edited by CzaD; 06-09-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmow View Post
Sounds weird tho, buy beta
Think of it as an investment in the games that you love.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Approved Member

For learning the game, especially MoW:AS you can play the skirmish in single or with up to 4 friends. And if you feel easy is too hard for you as a new player, than your feedback is very welcome. At a later stage we may add the tutorial for testing.

Anyway, you get skirmish maps in the exclusive testing as well as the major mp content to try out. It's an extended demo, with a free mappack you get once the game is released.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Approved Member

So now it gets a little bit more complicated.

You said you played demo. So all you know is how to play a SP mission. If you want to play more missions, MoW and MoW Red Tide is the way to go.

In AS there are no missions but there is a skirmish mode, which, I reckon, could be even more fun then missions and would prepare you better for MP .

However, if you are one of those players who are less interested in playing against AI and more into playing against other players, then you can choose between AS and MoW.

If I were you, I would try to find out how big and active the AS MP community is. And how varied it is in terms of players’ experience.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS|Instinct View Post
For learning the game, especially MoW:AS you can play the skirmish in single or with up to 4 friends. And if you feel easy is too hard for you as a new player, than your feedback is very welcome. At a later stage we may add the tutorial for testing.

Anyway, you get skirmish maps in the exclusive testing as well as the major mp content to try out. It's an extended demo, with a free mappack you get once the game is released.
Except AS is ONLY multiplayer.

Buy MoW, it is a complete game with an amazing campaign and a solid multiplayer.

Only serious problem with MoW is, that the stats for weapons and tanks etc are different from multiplayer to single player... pretty retarded imo.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikitns View Post
Except AS is ONLY multiplayer.
Why would it be multiplayer only?
Old 06-20-2010, 07:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Why would it be multiplayer only?
exactly! i don't play multiplayer and i read (i thought i read) that skirmish mode can be played either single or multi. when i saw Nititns post earlier i wanted to correct him (tell him he was full of it ) but coming from you means a lot more....
Old 06-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Approved Member

Pay to be a beta tester? There sure as hell is something wrong with that. I've played loads of betas, but its the first I've ever heard of having to pay to do it.

I hope they open it up to MoW players
Old 06-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Approved Member

Lets just say 1C is low on money to keep people working on Men of War projects. I'm not saying thats how it is, but its just a likely possibility.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:12 PM
Approved Member

Well they can blame their marketing department for that. It does seem strange that MoW has unofficial patches. So something within the company isn't 100%.

The games that I've played from 1C gameplay wise have been top notch. I tell people as much as I can MoW is the best game I've played that I never heard of as I happened upon it while watching game replays on utube.

Take MoW single player great gameplay, sounds, and graphics, but the acting, storyline suck so hard it would be laughable if it wasn't so dull.

Hey if me sending them £15 would keep MoW alive I'd send it to them, but if they are in that much need I cant see that little doing that much.