Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
Hey Phat,

Like I said in my earlier post, I've considered the mod for a long time, but as I really don't have that much sloppiness now (or, at least still the stock sloppiness) I haven't really felt the need to spend the time on doing the mod. Would you really recommend it?
Yes it makes the stick farrr more sensitive around the centre axis and also allows for proper concentric circles in joytest which means left right aileron movements wont influence elevator and visa versa!

Heres the result from someone elses joystick but mine was exactly the same.

Before

After

Last edited by FS~Phat; 07-28-2011 at 02:32 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:26 AM
Approved Member

Yes, the magnet mod is almost compulsory for the x52 IMHO. I did mine with paper clips to support the magnets which was very easy to install.

Regarding the spring tension I went the other way and reduced it using some cable ties. Reducing the tension makes the centre much easier to handle accurately.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:32 AM
Approved Member

my x52 just died, lights kept flashing on and off, had it less than a year, throttle still working, took the stick apart and found broken wire and fried circuit board, will be going with ch fighterstick.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:34 AM
Approved Member

ch fighter stick is the best stick i have ever owned, get a second hand x52 and use the throttle, with some pedals you then have a good setup.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Approved Member

Well ive made my choice...G940

Ive read bad reviews on all the sticks.even the Warthog with its intermittent throttle problem...i guess its like anything, for 1 bad review there are 50 people that love the product..

I hope i dont regret it, only time will tell

What helped make my mind up is the FFB, never had it before and if its as good as they say it is im looking forward to trying it..

I paid £199 delivered so it was £50 more than the Saitek setup...

Ive had the X52 didnt like it
Ive got the CyborgX 6 months and its all over the place

Always had Logitech stuff and still have the Speakers..good quality for the ££

Il certainly keep you updated..

Anyone got any ideas on how I hide this setup from the GF?
Old 07-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
Well ive made my choice...G940
[...]
I hope i dont regret it, only time will tell
Well, as an owner of a G940 let me assure you: It is a great piece of hardware - provided you've modded it (see here or here). Unmodded, the ReversalBug in the rudder, throttle, and trim axes will make aiming and formation flying real hard work and will finally drive you to imagine that you are the bad pilot.

The throttle R1 and R2 spikes after several hours of usage my or may not appear. Be prepared to exchange your G940 rather often - but when you've modded it, no warranty, so you might have to mod thet, too (see here)

Artist

Last edited by Artist; 07-28-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Tree_UK

Ive had several x52's from the very first to the Pro, the pro version i had was awful in that the joystick was very notchy I tried all manner of fixes but none worked. I managed to get hold of another one which was alater version and its been sweet as nut. I think that on the whole £150 for the complete set is a good buy.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Approved Member

Oh well too late now, guess i have to find out for myself.

there seems to be a few issues with the g940 as there are with a lot of sticks but Im hoping they are small enough for me to not notice or compensate for and hopefully will get addressed with firmware..
Old 07-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
Funny, I didn't see any white light or angels singing... but I agree with Tree for once, so I must have died and went to _______________.
<hugs cheesehawk>
Old 07-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Approved Member

'Ah' you guys...