Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyvt4 View Post
meh .................... GT5 dear me???!!!!

i really miss playing realistic i dont have the "equipment" for sim, and im not a big fan just prefer it!!!! again imo ofc realistic is more fun, sim is very serious with its flying clubs ect ect.............. though a certain aircraft was taboo of limits as no one seems to fly it teh spit's untill McQ messaged me to tell me to pull the dust sheet off it

bring back the days of epic strike, TB's and for certain players Dogfights................ and the air races

Redman sent me a message the other night, saying how no one plays IL2
Only tried sim so far in the tutorial (super noob) and got a lucky shot off to down the 109

You say that you need "equipment" for sim. What is the flight stick of choice out there... assuming this is what your talking about.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:57 PM
Approved Member

Sorry Goose.I personally have had problems wiyh my neck.But I`m back now.Yhe last week I have been putting Gt5 aside to revive our game.You start lookin in the evening sky.Weve been having large rooms and I meet a new pilot to the game allmost everytime I fly.So stick around all hope is not lost.C`ya in the clouds!
Old 01-28-2011, 03:27 AM
Approved Member

Ive been obsessed with aircraft after playing 'secret weapons over normandy'. When i 1st started playing BoP online i began in realistic, i flew the he-111 in dogfights as it was the only thing i could keep in the air without going into a spin as soon as i tried to chase someone. Was about may to june last year. I was living in a tent and cost me $10 in fuel to get on IL2 and even then it was for a brief moment. After my job finished i came back to technology and focused on IL2. I began to use fighters and i got shot down so much, if i got a kill i was happy. From the He-111 i went to the I-16.. then to the lavochkins. After a lot of frustration.. i began to fly properly and now, im still learning. Whoever ive flown with was my teacher as i learnt a lot from the way they flew their own planes. Now i fly the BF109 g-10 almost exclusively, easy to fly, not much recoil so its easy to get in deflective shots. I`m totally useless in a spitfire. So thank you to all the people ive flown with as they made me a better pilot. *play macgyver theme song*

Last edited by bezshumniy; 01-28-2011 at 03:28 AM. Reason: missed a word
Old 01-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Approved Member

I woudnt say realistic is dead but it's deffo on life support. During midweek UK peak time 7-10 there is very little action. Weekends are a lot better. I am tired of arcade as it's all new players there and I feel guilt with every kill.
I am starting to get to grips with sim but I really need to get a bigger screen for it.
Anyway I will keep playing till the skies are totally empty or BoP2 comes out
Old 01-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post
I woudnt say realistic is dead but it's deffo on life support. During midweek UK peak time 7-10 there is very little action. Weekends are a lot better. I am tired of arcade as it's all new players there and I feel guilt with every kill.
I am starting to get to grips with sim but I really need to get a bigger screen for it.
Anyway I will keep playing till the skies are totally empty or BoP2 comes out
It will never be empty, I will be there ......
Old 01-28-2011, 10:31 AM
Approved Member

You stubborn norwegian...
I gotta keep u company then
Old 01-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQ59 View Post
You stubborn norwegian...
I gotta keep u company then
Guess you have yes..........
Old 01-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAV View Post
It will never be empty, I will be there ......

I think the game would have died long ago without great players like you, McQ and Mac.
My aim for this year is to get competitive in sim by christmas. The pasting I got by Olife and Reaper in the tournament tells me I have a long way to go!!
Old 01-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post

I think the game would have died long ago without great players like you, McQ and Mac.
My aim for this year is to get competitive in sim by christmas. The pasting I got by Olife and Reaper in the tournament tells me I have a long way to go!!
If your addiction i based on arcade and realistic, just wait until you have been simming a bit, it gets
Old 01-28-2011, 08:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etotheo View Post
Only tried sim so far in the tutorial (super noob) and got a lucky shot off to down the 109

You say that you need "equipment" for sim. What is the flight stick of choice out there... assuming this is what your talking about.
yeah thats the very thing, if its for the Ps3 the thrustmaster is the only one ....... but i cant be sure, but i neeed to get me one lol

Welcome to the site dude or dudette

i would looooooooooooooooooooove to see realistic pick up again 'tis my prefered level to have my arse handed to me thank you very much lol

i would fly arcade with you wookie i still need some load outs and aircraft still short of the He 111 h3 ...... not thats any great loss tbh hahah if i knew you were on.

gilly kav McQ rat shadow always a pleasure to fly with you guys aswell as some of the others ive met in sim