Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Approved Member

anyone else really dissapointed with the marketing so far?

I can hardly face looking at the front page of the website, who ever is in charge of the that needs to read up on the Battle of Britain.

A defiant being chased low level over the sea by some JU88s?

Trailers having Vbs and G6s

somebody needs to get a grip of this.

Last edited by furbs; 03-01-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoilfx View Post
Has any one noticed the layered forest textures at 00:48? I hope that was a beta effect and it's being replaced
Actually that's a sea level view of the chalk cliffs on the South coast of England. The trees at the bottom of the cliffs shouldn't be there and that info has been given to the dev team since some while.
CH Franken-Tripehound stick and throttle merged, CH Pro pedals. TrackIR 5 and Pro-clip. Windows 7 64bit Home Premium.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
anyone else really dissapointed with the marketing so far?

I can hardly face looking at the front page of the website, who ever is in charge of the that needs to read up on the Battle of Britain.

A defiant being chased low level over the sea by some JU88s?

Trailers having Vbs and G6s

somebody needs to get a grip of this.
Definitely.Having Oleg already confirmed the stated release date, its about time the marketing team did something to promote the game,So far we got a trailer made with work in progress content and few articles in english.Even though that russian trailer has some odd things,it has better scenes than the english version to be fair.I really dont know what are they waiting for.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Approved Member

Guys, marketing costs money, something that MG probably has little left of and that UBI simply isn't going to spend on a niche market product. Face it, marketing will be our job, just like it was with IL2. I think we did a good job.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAim View Post
Guys, marketing costs money, something that MG probably has little left of and that UBI simply isn't going to spend on a niche market product. Face it, marketing will be our job, just like it was with IL2. I think we did a good job.
They have done a better job promoting the game in Russia giving info,game events, posting videos and pictures that we have never seen before.Wouldnt it be fair that the other half of the world got at least a similar treatment?
Old 03-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Tree_UK

I cant help but notice that no one has seen anything of London in all the scrrenshots and video, must be a no fly zone due to the bad FPS.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
I cant help but notice that no one has seen anything of London in all the scrrenshots and video, must be a no fly zone due to the bad FPS.
I think I have to agree with Tree here (gulp.) Nothing would be more dramatic than seeing some 109s or a HUGE formation of bombers flying over someof London's icons with flak going off everywhere. That would be cool.

Since we haven't seen anything like that yet there must be some sort of reason...hopefully once the game goes gold and is more optimized we will see some videos surface of these situations. Let's remember that these videos were probably taken months ago on previous builds of the sim. (I hope)

I guess we will all find out for ourselves in about 3 weeks! Can't wait.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Approved Member

Soon it will be 2 weeks
Old 03-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando View Post
Actually that's a sea level view of the chalk cliffs on the South coast of England. The trees at the bottom of the cliffs shouldn't be there and that info has been given to the dev team since some while.

On the 109 You Tube video, that was released by the beta tester, showed the trees were gone. I didn't see them either. though they are on the new You Tube clip.

Last edited by Robert; 03-01-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royraiden View Post
Definitely.Having Oleg already confirmed the stated release date, its about time the marketing team did something to promote the game,So far we got a trailer made with work in progress content and few articles in english.Even though that russian trailer has some odd things,it has better scenes than the english version to be fair.I really dont know what are they waiting for.
Why promote it? We can even seem to be able to buy the friggin thing yet! (My Finnish order was just cancelled)