Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3MES1S View Post
Red dragons always. They can be resurrected and can be improved by spells. Besides, red dragon are good against black dragon, but black dragons are not than good against red dragons (RD Are fire inmune). And, the red dragon special hability is more useful than the black dragon (almost for me). Maybe i always use red dragons cuz i have paladins and inquisit, but i really found em more useful than black dragons. I just changed royal griffins for assasins, and i almost never used the tank units lol, i only summon the avenging guards and let em to do the work. But god, i run out of royal griffins but assasins are amazing -.-. I love red dragons, but i dont use em too much, only to block enemy's way or for using the RD Hability.
I disagree. For a one stack army, the blacks are superior in my mind, especially against enemy heroes. Otherwise I prefer the reds mostly.

And how the heck are red dragons better against black dragons than the other way around? They both have fire resistance, I believe the blacks' is even higher though. Not that it matters, using blacks/reds to fight the same is nonsense in the first place.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Approved Member

Player controlled red dragons are a lot strong vs ai controlled black dragons than vice versa. This is simply because red dragons per leadership do more damage, and have just as much fire resistance (80%). Also it is slightly easier to do extra damage with red dragon special ability than black dragons.

Honestly though, both are awesome, and you should use them each!
Old 02-20-2010, 12:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
I disagree. For a one stack army, the blacks are superior in my mind, especially against enemy heroes. Otherwise I prefer the reds mostly.

And how the heck are red dragons better against black dragons than the other way around? They both have fire resistance, I believe the blacks' is even higher though. Not that it matters, using blacks/reds to fight the same is nonsense in the first place.
Not. While red dragons has fire inmunnity as special skill, black dragon hasnt But i proved a lot of times how 1 red dragon can do more than 50 dmg to another black dragon, and black dragon cant even do more than 15-20 dmg to the red dragon. Yes, dragons are fire resistance, but red dragons are the most fire resistance creatures on the game. As the mate said on the previous post, red dragons do more dmg per stack, and u can heal em and res em, and that is a good reason for using red dragons instead black ones. But depends on your style fight, i use to abuse of heal/resurrection spell, cuz my red dragons stack is limited to 18 over 19, and i cant find more red dragons. I only found 10 on reha, and thats all, the rest of the troop is filled with red dragon eggs lol. On the other hand, i have 60 black dragons on reha and 42 on nameless island.. a bit unbalanced.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:44 AM
Approved Member

Archdemons, phoenixes, red dragons and black dragons all start with 80 fire resistance. None is more resistant than the other. However, they do not share the same leadership cost.

I only point this out because the above post said that "red dragons are the most fire resistance creatures on the game" which is not true, they are tied with three others.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

Maybe, but i noticed that my red dragons hurts much more than my black dragons and the fire resistance is more present on red dragons. And black dragons, as i noticed die much more than red dragons.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3MES1S View Post
and the fire resistance is more present on red dragons.
That's interesting since it was stated above that they have the same fire resistance.

Quote:
And black dragons, as i noticed die much more than red dragons.
How about you try red dragons in a hero battle and then blacks against an enemy hero and then report back which is sturdier.

My point is that since enemy heroes constitute a substantial chunk of total battles, and more importantly those that yield the most experience, it's difficult to generalize that red dragons are better.

Anyhow, I would much rather see red dragons in the enemy army than blacks.

Last edited by Metathron; 02-20-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Approved Member

Black dragons, barring a slightly higher attack, only do 5% more damage per dragon than reds, but reds cost 500 less leadership, so you'll have 25% more reds than blacks. That's the reason they do more damage. BLack dragons have 130 more hit points, and higher defense. They also have more resistance to magic and physical. So for a single unit, the black dragon is a good deal stronger.

The main difference in survivability comes from the black dragon being unable to be healed or rezz'd. You can stone skin a red dragon to give it a lot more physical resistance, you can't with a black dragon. You can fully heal the red with level 3 heal.. you can't with a black dragon.

Anyhow, I just want to set the record straight on this.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Approved Member

Well, I'm thinking about a playthrough in which the Reds may prove better than the blacks for a 1-unit army. I've been looking at the Judgment day paladin and with the astral resist introduced in the gift bag, I'm thinking Red Dragons + Armageddon + heal/turn back time. The idea is: Armageddon will hurt them a bit, but at least they won't suffer from the burning post-effect.

As for a backup, I'll see. BlackKnights are the safe choice, but I'm thinking Paladins due to the medal that boosts the Paladins/Inquis/Priests damage. We'll see. Now the only thing I need is a good game with good item setup.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Approved Member

I've been playing a no-loss impossible mage with a single stack of either black or Red dragons.
they are both equally useful, but to different extends.

In all but one item upgrade I used the Blacks and allowed my Demon Portals to do all the dirty work...
In the mask of hate upgrade, I switched to reds due to 20 Arch demons constantly halving stack on round 1.
Excorsism lvl 2 and Demon portal on round 1, Excorsicm lvl 2 and Time Back on round 2. On round 3 the Arch Demons couldn't halve any longer. Obviosly this wouldn't work on Black Dragons, but in every other upgrade, they were superior to the Red Dragon.

In some hero fights vs a high intellect Geyser caster I chose Blacks and used either damaging spells or Demon Portals to win IF and only IF it was an army with mostly melees. In a fight vs lots of ranged units, a buffed Red Dragon would turn out to be better. Its just a pain in these battles because you need to constantly keep your Dragon buffed and at full hp to survive the Geysers.
With a BD it's much, much easier since you can use your spells to destroy and kill instead of protecting... Only works in some battles though.

My 2 cents on the overall usage of the dragons, my vote goes to the Red.

However in a single stack fight they are equally usefull.... ... imho of course
Old 02-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
Black dragons, barring a slightly higher attack, only do 5% more damage per dragon than reds, but reds cost 500 less leadership, so you'll have 25% more reds than blacks. That's the reason they do more damage. BLack dragons have 130 more hit points, and higher defense. They also have more resistance to magic and physical. So for a single unit, the black dragon is a good deal stronger.

The main difference in survivability comes from the black dragon being unable to be healed or rezz'd. You can stone skin a red dragon to give it a lot more physical resistance, you can't with a black dragon. You can fully heal the red with level 3 heal.. you can't with a black dragon.

Anyhow, I just want to set the record straight on this.
The thing is, maybe black dragons are better for 1 unit troop (but i tested on the battlefield and i cant kill a red dragon with a black one, he dies first..even when black has more def and more hit points...) , but on mid-high levels is a waste to use black dragons. They cost too much ls, and red dragons are more useful. The Black Dragons special hability is almost useless all the time when i fight with black dragons. And u dont need to cast heal and stone skin everytime on red dragons, they die almost like black dragons. On a strong geyser user (level 3) it doesnt matter if u have red or black, they die anyways lol. And for example, black dragons are horribly against baal. Red Dragons are much better choice if someone is going to use BD/RD for fight baal...

Last edited by N3MES1S; 02-20-2010 at 06:33 PM.