Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:46 AM
Approved Member

The download itself would be 16b7 or 164... but there is patch 165 already which should work (even as I read/heard some issues)

I would advise Metaboli instead Atari - just my advise.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Approved Member

1.6.5 is an Atari version. (equivalent of 1.7.0). Strange that it's 1.6.5 download 0_o. Patched already?
Old 12-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestas View Post
1.6.5 is an Atari version. (equivalent of 1.7.0). Strange that it's 1.6.5 download 0_o. Patched already?
Could be.... good job done Atari, after all...
Old 12-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valin View Post
Alexander or anyone else,

Do you know what version the digital download from Atari is?

D2D is not the best at keeping up to date with patches and from what I've read it'd like to get 1.65 if possible.

Is there any U.S. digital download 1.65 available?
It is 1.6bf or whatever, but the 1.65 patch does install on top without issue (it specifically says that it's the atari patch).

JJ.

Last edited by JJMan; 12-08-2008 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Didn't see 2nd page with answer already there...
Old 12-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerboots View Post
and the version they have wont get past the activation sequence - NON functional
If you're still having trouble with activation, you need to temporarily turn off your firewall. Also, I had a custom task manager (Microsoft Process Explorer) that I had to disable in order to run the game. It's that nasty SecuROM protection.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Approved Member

gamersgate.com (Paradox Interactive's digital download site) also sells Kings Bounty. They had the 1.6.4 patched version of King's Bounty up way before Direct2Drive or Atari did and they have patch 1.7.

I have no issues using them. You just need to download the game from their site and it does a quick activation while installing the game and you don't need to be connected online after that.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:15 AM
Approved Member

I just came here to say if this hits Steam I'll buy it but not until then, I only buy games on there so I don't have to deal with disks or different download services.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Approved Member

Have there been any developments in getting King's Bounty on Steam? I know the 1C publishing games don't tend to be sold on Steam, but Paradox Interactive did bring over their HOI and Europa series over to Steam recently, so Steam might be a bit more acceptive of some of these kinds of titles now.

It'd be good extra advertising for KB just to be on steam's front page of new releases for a while and the price of KB is quite low now that it'll attract some of the impulse shoppers on Steam that look for deals.

And the community of the KB is pretty good-natured overall, and the game is done well so it'd be probably be received positively at the Steam community.

And if Steam says it's up to the publishers to decide the price of games, if any publisher starts to offer a lower euro-charge to European customers, they'd probably get a bit of a positive reputation on there too, as right now a lot of Europeans are unhappy with the currency pricing conversion of most/all steam games of $1 = 1euro policy. But if someone starts pricing $9.99 US and 7.99Euro you kind start to get seen as a 'good guy' or a 'reasonable company'.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Approved Member

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH GAMERSGATE

*Calm voice *

Gamersgate is a similar service to Steam. I've used them both several times. I've never had a problem with GG at all. And they have the game for $9.99 now. So where can you go wrong?
Old 03-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Approved Member

Oh I like gamersgate, but I'm saying moreso it'd be beneficial for King's Bounty (and it's developers/community) to be available on Steam to boost it's popularity, gain some extra sales in the process, and grow a bigger community if it was offered on Steam. It's not a gamersgate vs. steam vs. other download service issues, it's more of, why not get the extra exposure for King's Bounty.

There's a lot of prospective clients on Steam that don't use other download services and it's free front-page advertising for newly listed Steam games. It usually doesn't make sense to ignore one of the most popular direct download services. Even if it debuted as a weekend deal at 9.99 and higher otherwise it'd still be good exposure.

Granted it would probably be better to gain the extra publicity & advertising closer to the expansion pack release date. Right now let Gamersgate get the majority of sales at 9.99, but in a few weeks/months when those dry up, it'd be good to advertise to other prospective customers (steam).