Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Skins and Repaints for BOB COD

Old 06-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Approved Member

I am sure i ll sound like a dumbass now, but i would like to understand it....

So extracted all those layers and converted them, as u described.
But the "M-overlay0.bmp" has grey background,the W-diffuse0.bmp aswell.
So do i have to delete the grey coulour to be able using the layer in opacity?
Old 06-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Ali Fish

this isnt really a tutorial on how to make a skin, this a tutorial on how to make a template for a skin build with the extra factors. It requires knowledge of how to manipulate graphics. but to answer the question. there a several ways to eliminate that grey background through layer blending. but actually what you need to do in this instance is make the grey into white through contrast and brightness changes whilst retaining the clarity of data and assigning the layer as a multiply blend. As its white and due to the nature of white with this blend option, the white will appear invisible thus not affecting any other layers. and obviously these layers must be above your hand created skin job. (If you left it grey and used the blend it will darken your texture).

Last edited by Ali Fish; 06-22-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:19 PM
BigPickle

what was that remove white plug-in that we used with IL2? can we use that with cod?
Old 06-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Ali Fish

hehe BP i found it. Macs remove white !. Ive used photoshop for somthing like 10 years and never been aware of such a cool plugin untill you present us with "remove white plugin" googley google !. conceptually this is probally one of the best plugins ever made imo. especially for us lazy modders ! ive spent years refining my own method for removing white LOL ! and well this plugin ******* ROCKS ! but i dont regret all that time because thats how you really learn photoshop.without plugins. but regards remove white plugin operation <FACEPALM> Thanks never the less sir ! still alot of tweaking to the files before this can used imo, but it will definetly help.

http://www.pspug.org/filters/filtersff.shtml

Last edited by Ali Fish; 06-23-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:31 AM
BigPickle

awesome mate i could find it again GJ S!