Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 10-31-2012, 12:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saroumana View Post
I agree that runemage is too powerfull with phantom. I have nerfed it in my minimod, but i don't stop splitting runemage abuse. May be by setting leadership requirement ?
I think the phantom ability should have a leadership cap like other summoning abilities. Something like "create a phantom of 60% of the target stack, but no more than half the leadership of this rune mage stack". This still leaves the other problems to be fixed, though (I think you introduced a decrease in power with each use in your minimod, this might take care of the rest).

edit: edited in "rune mage" for clarity.

Last edited by Xargon; 10-31-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:32 PM
Approved Member

Yeah it work if you have one troop of runemage. You're first summon would have 40% of the initial troop, the second 26%, the third 17% etc... (because it's infinite with one of the rune's spell).
But it don't cover the case of splitting runemage. Leadership requirement would not be hard to implement.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:41 PM
Registered Member

This is a single player game, you make your own challenge. If they are so broken that it makes the game too easy then don't use them?
Old 10-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox0717 View Post
This is a single player game, you make your own challenge. If they are so broken that it makes the game too easy then don't use them?
Yes i agree with you, this game doesnt need perfect balance to be enjoyable. They should focus on fixing bugs as a first priority then balance issues.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjazd18 View Post
Yes i agree with you, this game doesnt need perfect balance to be enjoyable. They should focus on fixing bugs as a first priority then balance issues.
I would consider this a bug though.

All other summon spells/mind control spells (basically anything that nets you a new unit) have a built in leadership cap.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:34 PM
Approved Member

Yes, I'm sure it's an oversight. A big one, but it's obvious they didn't intend them to be able to do that.

Hopefully they'll fix them soon. In the meantime, exploit them at your own risk. Risk of making the game too boring, that is
Old 10-31-2012, 03:13 PM
Approved Member

hix, the game is too buggy (spell/crash...) and over power at the moment.
Make it Imposible mode is not a really challenge. Because when u meet a hard boss/enemy, you have to try all the ways to fight it in impo, and then you will choose massive summon! that's natural, hard to not abuse !
I think I'll stop abit and wait for the next official patch ! I think !
Old 10-31-2012, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

It sounds like this should be added to the bug thread if we want an official response. Everyone seens to agree the 20 initiative needs another look. Is there any consensus on how we'd like to decry the phantom ability?

Is this right? Preview:

Rune Mage is too fast and phantom ability too strong: The rune mage has 20 initiative which may have been left over from testing. What is the intended value? Also its phantom ability is the same strength regardless of the number of units. Should this be a scaling value?
Old 10-31-2012, 04:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
@Zechnofobe
It doesnt work this way my friend : units play in order or initiative, so first play runemage then paladin OR jarl give them second wind and so on to lowest initiative unit, then second turns go in reverse order, from lower to high initiative so runemage will play last in that turn with second wind from pala/jarl. It`s still to much to 1 units cast 60% phantom of whole stack but it cant act more then 2 times/turn (only goblin is able to do that I`m not sure if things changed in WotN but in AP/CW it worked this way, order of units is decided on initiative from high to low, then in reverse and then turn ended, next turn same . . .
This isn't theory craft. Rune mage goes, phantoms paladins. It's turn is over. Paladin phantom goes, second winds rune mage, and then ends its turn. Rune mage goes, phantoms paladins, it's turn is over... repeat.

You aren't 'waiting' you are literally ending their turn with an action. I have done it, and it is glorious.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

The big problem with Rune Mage is Runic Word ability. It can be cast indefinitely (if you dont use luck rune) that meaning infinite Phantom charges. And with paladins in army that means infinite ressurection.