Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
Possible? The development is barely surviving now. COD was not a success and never came close to covering the development costs. That said its unlikely it would have anyway, as the development costs had risen too high for the initial release in the series to cover them.. If the Sequel doesn't make a significant improvements it will also fail. How long do you think IC will continue to throw millions at the development with little return. Interest? There may be interest, but the forums are full negativity that would drive anyone that may have had a budding interest in the series away. Luckily the series could easily be reborn if the Sequel addresses most of the game engines issues, all the past angst would soon be forgotten.

I really think that the investors know all that, but discount it because of the interest level. They know the engine will finally get done someday, and the sequels will benefit, as will they. Show me another 1C product, or a Ubi product that has anywhere near the interest level of the Il-2 name. Investors look at level of interest, hit counts, threads, posts, in general the activity of the fan base. Sorry Chivas, but you are off the mark with your assumption, there is just too much interest for the investors to abandon...There are very few of us who will stop monitoring the development, no matter what they might claim out of their present anger. Il-2 is a natural survivor even in this a depressed world economy, because it is very unique.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 10-14-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Approved Member

I always liked the name Storm of War, to be honest.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
I think something like that will be coming. It is time to start a new series. "Il-2 Sturmovik" had it´s time.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Spanish Civil War, Battle for Poland, or Battle for France probably won't be made by the developer as the theaters is too small, but those will most likely be made by commercial third parties or community third parties, using the map SDK etc.

Spanish Civil War a "too small theatre"?... lol

Anyway, I´ll be happy if any 3rd party make these scenarios...
Old 10-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
I really think that the investors know all that, but discount it because of the interest level. They know the engine will finally get done someday, and the sequels will benefit, as will they. Show me another 1C product, or a Ubi product that has anywhere near the interest level of the Il-2 name. Investors look at level of interest, hit counts, threads, posts, in general the activity of the fan base. Sorry Chivas, but you are off the mark with your assumption, there is just too much interest for the investors to abandon...There are very few of us who will stop monitoring the development, no matter what they might claim out of their present anger. Il-2 is a natural survivor even in this a depressed world economy, because it is very unique.
I agree that he investors would benefit from a long successful series, which I've said a hundred times, BUT if the Sequel fails there is little chance the IC investors will keep supporting the devs and losing millions of dollars.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 10-16-2012, 04:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
The development has already decided not to use IL-2 Battle of Britain, and used IL-2 COD, for a variety of reasons. It doesn't matter anymore as the series moves on anyway with new names. The only tricky part is letting people know that the Sequel (IL-2 Eastern Front, IL-2 BOM, IL-2 BOS) or whatever they name it, also includes the Battle of Britain.

Spanish Civil War, Battle for Poland, or Battle for France probably won't be made by the developer as the theaters is too small, but those will most likely be made by commercial third parties or community third parties, using the map SDK etc.
The reason i suggested Spanish Civil War was that it requires no more aircraft ! We already have 109 E-1, He 111 (H? E?), CR 42 .. and hopefully we'll get I-15, I-16 and SB2 in BOM ... so a pseudo Spanish Civil war is already there ... kinda! Plus, JU 52 should be already mostly done ? yes? Love to see some Spanish Civil War skins!

Sequel fail ?? how can it? The game is getting bugs fixed. New aircraft. The only way I could imagine the sequel failing is if the developers screw up the Version Control, and we get get alot of old bugs !

If the developers want to save costs and release times, just allow modding / release a SDK. I have a flyable defiant and P96 in my sights!

.....--oOo-- --oOo-- HE-111 --oOo-- --oOo--.....
========================================
-oOo- Intel i7-2600K (non-clocked) -oOo- GA-P67A
-oOo- DF 85 full tower -oOo- 1000W corsair
-oOo- 8 GB 1600Hz -oOo- 2 x GTX 580 1.5M (295.73)
-oOo- 240 SSD -oOo- W7 64bit
-oOo- PB2700 LED 2560 x 1440 6ms 60Hz -oOo-
========================================
Old 10-16-2012, 05:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
+1
Old 10-16-2012, 06:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by He111 View Post
The reason i suggested Spanish Civil War was that it requires no more aircraft ! We already have 109 E-1, He 111 (H? E?), CR 42 .. and hopefully we'll get I-15, I-16 and SB2 in BOM ... so a pseudo Spanish Civil war is already there ... kinda! Plus, JU 52 should be already mostly done ? yes? Love to see some Spanish Civil War skins!

Sequel fail ?? how can it? The game is getting bugs fixed. New aircraft. The only way I could imagine the sequel failing is if the developers screw up the Version Control, and we get get alot of old bugs !

If the developers want to save costs and release times, just allow modding / release a SDK. I have a flyable defiant and P96 in my sights!

I agree the Spanish Civil War could be done, but not by the developer because it simply it wouldn't be a big enough draw. Like you say it already has many of the aircraft, and with the release of the SDK in the Sequel, community or other third parties could make the map and campaigns required.

Yes the Sequel could fail. Personally I think it has a great chance to be successful, but there is alot of work that needs to be done.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 10-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Is It Time To Change The Name ??
Yep. Change the name..... and bunch of people working on the project.
EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked+ACX cooler.
8GB G.Skill ripjaws DDR3-1600
Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Seagate 750GB HDD
CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45
Win7 64bit
Old 10-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Approved Member

Maddox Games - Over the Cliffs of Dover

Just kidding but couldn't resist.