Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Approved Member

this game is more sim than 18WOS series
Old 06-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Approved Member

True enough

This with all its flaws and bugs, still more simulation than the 18WOS series including euro truck will ever be.

Of course, its disappointing that it took them 10 years to make, and still it has King of the road's major bugs in it. But its more fun to play than all parts of 18wos added together.

The number of gears is not the sole measure of how accurate a simulation is. It is a problem, but that in itself won't make 18wos a better sim.

The ultimate game would be RnR's game dynamics and story mode, with RoR's physics. 18Wos doesn't fit in the equation at all.

Last edited by M76; 06-21-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:34 AM
centy2010

Here is my opinions :

The game is not working correctly. Sure I can play and have some fun but I still see some areas where the game is not working correctly.

Is it due to computer specs.... ?

This will be the main answer of some users with a high-end computers where the discrepancies of the game are just smoothed by their system.

But in fact, I meet the requirements (minimum for sure but almost the recommended one.).

I stopped playing the game and I just come sometimes to check for patch availability. Maybe available within 5 years (the time I waited for the game)

This is the second game in my gamer life where I have to face loss of money cause I have no fun waiting nor playing that game.

Anyway... I won't complain anymore... It doesn't help me to hide my frustration of being the fool buyer of this game.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 07-01-2010 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Questioning Moderators Action/Decision. Comments Deleted.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:08 AM
Approved Member

My most common reply is "What are your Computer Specs?" Followed by, "What version do you have?" It's my standard question to better help the individual. This is because, many people just say "The game doesn't work" without giving this info. This game is not optimized properly to really meet the "Minimal Requirements", and playing with those requirements severely hampers the playability of the game to a satisfactory level. Simple bugs & glitches become huge ones for the gamer. My aim is to inform, not insult. I have posted this many, many times, and yet the same question keeps popping up in the same manner, so I have to answer it the same way. I purposely got a new computer to play this game meeting the "Recommended Requirements", and beyond. My old computer meets the "Min Req." It too causes me the same aggravation as those reported by our members. So, I give advice through experience. To you, and maybe others this may sound like a broken record. I ask for this information to give a better informed answer. Sorry if you find it boring, and repetitive, but it has helped many of those concerned whether they liked the information, or not. At least they now know why it doesn't work properly. Would you rather me leave them in the dark, and not answer them? My job is to aid, inform, advise, and suggest, along with keeping the forum organized, and running properly.

Prior to purchasing this game I had many questions, suggestions, and general conversations with those that have the Russian version, in anticipation of the release of the English version. This is why my postings are so high. When I finally got the game, I started helping people out getting things to work, and telling them why it doesn't work. Creating the "SPOILER ALERT!" thread was the most enjoyable thing I did here. Then on June 10, 2010, Sneaksie & Nike-it asked me to moderate this forum. I gladly accepted this expecting nothing in return, and I think I'm doing a good job. I don't get paid for it. I do get great satisfaction by helping those that are in need of it.

I thought this would be a good time to inform you, and others why I ask the questions I do, and how I go about helping people. Maybe now you have a better understanding of me.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 07-05-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagman_20 View Post
The only thing that gets me sad is that most people, when that happens, are like "This game is a complete **** up" or "This game is the worst game ever".
Don't get me wrong the game isn't a complete **** up. It has a lot of good aspects. It's a large improvment over hard truck 2. agrivates the hell out of me that they don't have a bulldog any bulldogs in the game (the U.S. version anyway don't know what's in the russian version i'd be royally pissed if I came to find out the russian version's got more in it than the U.S. version). but anyway it's just one of those things where we got our hopes up and now most of us are disappointed. I can litterally play the game all day (keep an ash tray by my computer so I'm not leaving every 30 minutes) but I think a lot of us were expecting it to be a lot more like the 18 wos games and unfortunatly it's not. The more I play it the more I like it. to be honest I don't think I've been impressed with any trucking game that's ever come out (haulin came close). I've got a friend that loves the game and I think he's right when he says "quit being so damn critical the designers havn't been around the inudstry as long as you have so shut the hell up and drive!" and he's probably right. bottom line is the game isn't what a lot of us expected but we just need to suck it up, and deal with it. if they're like me they'll forget about their complaints after a while.

P.S. if they don't they can always go up by frisco with the freightliner driver down the hill from the bridge and plow into a car running 115 if that don't cheer them up their to serious.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 07-06-2010 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Edited for content.