Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
No launcher crashes after 8 hours of flying. You can fly in human bomber formations without a crash. I tried everything to make it crash tbh, it just wouldn't do it

The different sounds are nice. It seems the sound radar is fixed as well. Spittys can't hear the 109's unless they are really close / canopy open. Huge difference in sound with canopy open or close. I'm just happy about the CTD issue being solved for me.

There were several people on TS getting CTD's every 10-20 minutes, once we explained how to properly install the patch, they were in the same boat, flying for hours without a crash. I think 1/2 the problems people are experiencing are using corrupt download mirrors or installing wrong. (Just based on the people we spoke to in person that got it working right doing it our way).
I had used the initial link posted by BlackSix, and installed the patch as instructed (just extract the files in the IL2CoD root folder). And I did have the new version number correctly displayed at the bottom right.

I had the same problems reported as several others (no fps increase, crashes, etc.) so I restored the previous version. But seeing as how you sound utterly convinced that there are no CTDs, great FPS boost etc., and suggest error in installation / corrupt download, I'll download the patch again from the original link posted by BlackSix, reinstall the patch and give it a shot one more time. I sincerely hope you to be right.

Anyhow, I'll report back, hopefully by saying "Bliss, you were right!"

Regards
Old 05-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Approved Member

What else is to do than to extract the parts folder into the CloD directory and maybe delete the cache folder?
Old 05-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
I think 1/2 the problems people are experiencing are using corrupt download mirrors ...
You can't mean the file is corrupt, do you? Because it will not unpack if that is the case.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:39 PM
41Sqn_Stormcrow

I did not try it yet but it is proposed on a different board to:

1. Verify files via steam
2. empty content of cache folder of Clod (also removing the files in the shader folder inside the cache folder without removing the shader folder itself iirc); folders: .\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache
3. install the patch
4. start the game
5. exit the game
6. restart the game
7. play

for ati card owners following file must be removed too:
Logo.wmv in folder ..\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core\GUI

Instructions courtesy FG28_Kodiak

Last edited by 41Sqn_Stormcrow; 05-06-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Approved Member

Installing now, hopefully will be ok.