Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 11-30-2011, 12:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronWastelan View Post
Why not??
Huh?
Someones life was saved by another one, and to make that up he starts collecting 911's?
That's greed, nothing else.

What if he entered the drug business, just think of all the jobs; coke farmer, the people involved in trafficking, the bribed cops and the dealers on the streets - sooo many jobs!
A true success story! A true demonstration of love!

What is your point?
(It's not like I cared what he does with his money, for all I care he can use $100 bills to light Havannas)

Last edited by swiss; 11-30-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:51 AM
Approved Member

I think BaronWasteland's judgement is a bit blinded by his passion for Porsches
Old 11-30-2011, 12:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorin View Post
1. I hope he asked his niece what she wanted first and not his wife, how ungrateful it would be if he had not.
2. Why, for the love of god, if being given a second chance at life did he not use his money for something meaningful that might actually help others who are not as well off as he is, so they might get a second chance?
+1
Old 11-30-2011, 12:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
Huh?
Someones life was saved by another one, and to make that up he starts collecting 911's?
That's greed, nothing else.

What if he entered the drug business, just think of all the jobs; coke farmer, the people involved in trafficking, the bribed cops and the dealers on the streets - sooo many jobs!
A true success story! A true demonstration of love!

What is your point?
(It's not like I cared what he does with his money, for all I care he can use $100 bills to light Havannas)
Do any drug dealers or coke farmers or drug smugglers have retirement plans and medical insurance plans? If not, they're not really jobs.

My point is that when people, like the ones who buy a fleet of 911's, spend their money freely in the legitimate market place, it supports jobs (in the case of Porsche parts, service, oil and fuel -- good jobs), and those jobs pay good wages and medical insurance benefits. Many of those jobs will be in his local community.

Thanks for asking, I'm glad you're getting some free education on the benefits of a free market economy!
Old 11-30-2011, 02:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorin View Post
1. I hope he asked his niece what she wanted first and not his wife, how ungrateful it would be if he had not.
2. Why, for the love of god, if being given a second chance at life did he not use his money for something meaningful that might actually help others who are not as well off as he is, so they might get a second chance?
+1

"Hey niece, thanks for selflessly saving my life. Now I can go out and buy more cars!!!"
Old 11-30-2011, 02:57 AM
Approved Member

Wow, dude get's a second lease on life and he procedes to do immediately what brings him joy. He is belittled because he doesn't give his money away? That dude probably pays 50% in taxes. As far as I'm concerned no one else needs anymore of his money. Let him do what he wants with his money. FFS, people these days always gimme gimme I want and trying to stick their hands in other peoples pockets.

I don't pay but about 30% in taxes and 10% in tithe but I'll be danged if anyone else is getting another cent from me. Between Uncle Sam and the good Lord above people have all they need. Especially if they get off their lazy tails and at least attempt to do something with their lives.

So baffled as to this guy living his newfound life the way that brings him joy and he is berated and belittled.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojovtx View Post
Wow, dude get's a second lease on life and he procedes to do immediately what brings him joy. He is belittled because he doesn't give his money away? That dude probably pays 50% in taxes. As far as I'm concerned no one else needs anymore of his money. Let him do what he wants with his money. FFS, people these days always gimme gimme I want and trying to stick their hands in other peoples pockets.

I don't pay but about 30% in taxes and 10% in tithe but I'll be danged if anyone else is getting another cent from me. Between Uncle Sam and the good Lord above people have all they need. Especially if they get off their lazy tails and at least attempt to do something with their lives.

So baffled as to this guy living his newfound life the way that brings him joy and he is berated and belittled.

Same here. As my dear Sterny points out, I seem to have been blinded to this class-envy thing by my "passion", or perhaps just my naïveté. I honestly just thought it was an extraordinary story about how one guy came to decide on a particular type of car.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:30 AM
Approved Member

I think most people equate 'a new lease on life' as a new outlook on life..... much like an Eboneezer Scrooge moment. There is a difference.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:24 AM
Approved Member

I frankly don't care where he gets the money or how much taxes he pays, but if you drop a Lambo Gallardo, a Fezza 360 and get yourself a bunch of old Porsches it's obvious that the medications and experience messed the dude's brains up a bit..
Old 11-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Approved Member

He can do with his money what he want but I don't care. His niece on the other had is some to admire. I had a high paying job but when my wife could no longer care for my disabled son I gave up my job and money. Now I live on a carers pension. So this mans having lots of money and a Porsche fetish does not interest me one bit, but human compassion does.