Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventures of Princess Ameli (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 11-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Approved Member

Emerald Dragons in Verona? Where?

There is 1 dragon you can get for sure on the Rusty Anchor island in the Orc Cave. You can get there without a fight even, just lure the Orc shaman hero away.

In my game, there are only human units in Verona, with a few places that sell Assassins and Royal Griffins. I think the Mage tower where you have to pay a 200 gold admission fee at every visit is a good place to look for Paladins, though.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Approved Member

Well, I've found 7+ Emerald green dragons in the Mage's tower (Facing demenion's castle, it's to the right, past the graveyard and the bridge - the same tower you're talking about) 3 times out of my 5 playthroughs. In other occasions I found Paladins and Archmagi. In this playthorugh I found 9 horsemen there and about 300 Wood Fairies (Sprites) in the building nearby, but I cannot use them because I lack numerous spells (although I have the skills).

The thing is, that in impossible, since you'll be facing strong armies, you need to plan your units carefully, especially because it is very important to do the first 100 or so battles without any losses - this will ensure enough money to re-vamp the army, buy the expensive items, etc. You need something to take the extra hits (summoned units) while you babysit your tanks and summoners. To be honest, this is my plight right now with the Paladin, since he has much less leadership than the Warrior, and it's much harder to balance power and functionality to get no-loss victories. For example, in 12 levels, I bought only 3 items - the marshal's batton, the mana belt and the gladiator sword (the one with 10 might runes), and sold all of my wanderers' spells (7 total, I was lucky with the chests in battle, especially because I chose the green dragon and had it right away), and even with the 60 no-loss battles, I was struggling to find the money for these 3 items.

This goes to show how hard impossible really is - especially in the beginning of the game. In KBTL I could get 70k gold really easy, by stealing gold, items and flags. In KBAP this is no more. Each step of the way is hard.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:30 AM
Approved Member

BB Shockwave is right, about 70% of the map guardians can be kited away. Just depends where the maps have been placed. For example, in the Warrior game i started last week, there was a map of Verona near the bridge on Scarlet island (the one with the biggest army). But this time through there is no map there. So no chance to sneak to Verona early. In fact with a little luck, it is possible to get the maps for almost all the islands b4 you start clearing Debir!

DG, on impossible it is much quicker to sneak at least to Rusty Anchor first because then you can defeat all the enemies on Scarlet and Bolo without losses and complete all quests so you don't need to return later.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Approved Member

That is correct, but this means you waste several game days through constant traveling. I have no problems with that, generally, but I also like to be efficient...

However, it is indeed great of one can get most of the maps in the early stages of the game, because then he will have his pick of extras - items, units, etc. In this case, if one is willing to waste like 6-7 days, sneaking, stealing and utilizing the XP shrines (the XP gained is based on the area the shrine is in, not by the char level, so it's great) and finish the game on day 20 or so, it's perfect

I'm also considering such playthrough, just for the fun of it. Starting the game on lvl 8-10 with a bunch of T-Rexes and good backup units? No problem
Old 11-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Approved Member

Doing a sneak around 4-5 islands first , will/should only cost you a maximum of 24-38 hours at the VERY most. Including getting the Amulet from Bolo and the Debir king's wife from Verona! If you do all these, you can power through until you get to Verona! The first "hard" fights you'll find will be in Rusty Anchor!

e.g. Scarlet, Bolo and Rusty Anchor back to Debir= 24hrs. Level 6~7
Add Verona b4 Rusty Anchor= 32 hrs Level 10~11
Include Tekron as well= 38 maybe 42hrs tops. Level 12~14

How do you get 6~7 days???
Old 11-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Approved Member

It would appear that I have misunderstood you. You were talking about the first 4-5 islands, while I assumed that by saying 70% of the guards can be kited and "In fact with a little luck, it is possible to get the maps for almost all the islands b4 you start clearing Debir!" meant that you were talking about getting all the maps from all the islands. Based on your luck with the maps you may be forced to do some pretty extensive travels (some lasting 12+ hours) - this is why I gave 6-7 days.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Approved Member

If you manage to get yourself to the lizard island (Reha?) then you can pick up 10+ Tirex eggs to use on Bolo etc. Could have fun with those in the early game.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Approved Member

My thoughts exactly, this is why I continued analyzing and misunderstood travelingoz. Actually, if you do this little trick, you can end up with quite a bunch of eggs (snake, griffin, spider, etc.), thorn seeds, dragon eggs, t-rex eggs, etc., that you may not need troops for quite a while - in addition to that your troops will be so strong, that you will suffer very few losses in the early game, while the higher level from stealing, doing simple quests and such will ensure that you you have enough level and enough leadership carry at least 1-2 T-rex, dragons, etc.

Pretty catchy idea, it would certainly be worth trying and seeing whether it will pay off If it does, it will be extremely rewarding.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Approved Member

Trouble is, there are map guardians that just won't move - except if you go straight next to them, when they'll attack you and there is nothing you can do to avoid it.

In my game, Reahu was the last island I got to, and I had to defeat a lot of guardians to get the map (it was in Elona the elven island). I could get the maps to Rusty Anchor and Bolo, but the map to Verona was guarded by a Robber that would not move ever, only if I stepped next to it. And this repeated itself, so in the end I was around level 30 when i got to Reahu. Defeating certain guardians without losses was simply not possible below certain levels...
Old 11-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Trouble is, there are map guardians that just won't move - except if you go straight next to them, when they'll attack you and there is nothing you can do to avoid it.
Yes, There are some guardians that don't track player, and the only way or removing them is conquring.

I detected that in "Hard" and "Impossible" mode, player lose a percent of experience after each win, and game don't allow the play to do level up.
But i think its better if in "Hard" or "Impossible" mode, enemies go stronger but player take more experience!