Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Approved Member

furthermore i only play on impossible level
at least a bit of challenge there
and sure i lose some troops along the way

but you have to calculate what to do
and in the end you will see that attack>rage

rage is easy to get and easy to fill

it's harder to get more damage :> with your troops
since enemy stack can be gigantic
Old 04-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryastar View Post
1. I'm not sure of the exact effect of rage on crit, but I think it is percentage based, though again, not sure.
2. In hard mode there are more enemy troops in each stack meaning that more damage is needed to kill any given stack, and all damaging spells/rage abilities (except soul drain) as a result kill a smaller percentage of the enemy.
3. It's quite easy to end every battle with full rage, and it's just a simple matter of fighting another enemy soon enough afterwards. How much rage you need at the beginning of the battle depends on what ability you want to open with and how much it costs.
4. That whole "first 14 levels thing" is a general strategy, and comes partially from the calculations I made for my posts on pg 4 of this thread: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=5951 . The gist of it is that leadership will be one of the options offered if you did not pick it the level before. The amount will be 60/50/40 times your level for warrior/pala/mage. It is therefore better to get leadership on all the even levels, but the other consideration is that at some point you will not be picking the other option over leadership. Assuming several things (see the thread for details) at level 14, leadership starts being more valuable than attack in terms of damage increase, so that is why level 14 is mentioned. So the generally accepted strategy is to pick the other option until some cut-off point (my suggestion is level 14, others say 10 or 15 etc). The reason behind this is at lower levels the leadership is a fairly small amount, whereas the stat increase is always the same, so it's important to get the stat increase at early levels when you give up less leadership to do so.

You accuse us of considering things only in the light of the end game, but you don't realize, as we do, that you need to. If you don't pick stat upgrades in the early game, you are in effect making the easy parts of the game easier and the hard parts harder. Not exactly the smartest choice.
Thanks for the answers,.

1: weird that in a way a fighter get penalized for critical because he has a higher rage, probably, as you I don't know but I also feel it's a percentage thing.

2: Quite a bad difficulty management, destroying a lot of points of the game and reducing a lot its diversity. A lot to improve there.

3: That wasn't my question, not at end but at beginning.

4: I answered you in the post you quoted.

About end of game why you feel it as an accusation? It's just fact and see the little math I answered in the thread you quote.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Approved Member

Gah! I hate these sucky options at level up.

I got offered 80 leadership or 4 rage with my mage. Was really in two minds as to what to take, but ended up taking the leadership. I'm beginning to think this was a bad idea, considering the long run; what's 80 ledership out of, say, 15,000-20,000 compared to 4 rage out of maybe 50?