Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:55 AM
Approved Member

I also plan to get it on steam. Though, I may also get one of those Collector's Edition's too.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
I also plan to get it on steam. Though, I may also get one of those Collector's Edition's too.
Same here, however I have a problem.

I have a SSD but i have my steam installed on to a standard drive due to the size. If I want cod to run off steam and the SSD how could I do this?

I'm guessing I have to have two steam installs and ensure that I only have cod installed on the SSD steam to keep the size down!! Is that possible?
Old 02-23-2011, 03:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Same here, however I have a problem.

I have a SSD but i have my steam installed on to a standard drive due to the size. If I want cod to run off steam and the SSD how could I do this?

I'm guessing I have to have two steam installs and ensure that I only have cod installed on the SSD steam to keep the size down!! Is that possible?
I don't think you can have 2 steam installs.. Due to the nature of the config you must install steam on the SSD to take advantage of the drive speed. You can't install steam on the regular spindle drive and direct the game over to the SSD. " I supposed you could" however I believe there are some steam background processes that will query on the spindle.

It's best to install steam / games all on the SSD, I have a similar setup. My boot drive is SSD and only has Steam / Games. Everything else is on a spindle disk. That way I know when i play games the spindle drive is not getting accessed.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Approved Member

DCS A10-C is even going to be sold on steam
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/59...l-Coming-Later

And i think it has a smaller community then the Il-2 community?
More niche market?
Old 02-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmadmax View Post
I don't think you can have 2 steam installs.. Due to the nature of the config you must install steam on the SSD to take advantage of the drive speed. You can't install steam on the regular spindle drive and direct the game over to the SSD. " I supposed you could" however I believe there are some steam background processes that will query on the spindle.

It's best to install steam / games all on the SSD, I have a similar setup. My boot drive is SSD and only has Steam / Games. Everything else is on a spindle disk. That way I know when i play games the spindle drive is not getting accessed.
Its hard when you have a steam folder over 140GB and an SSD with 148GB space
Old 02-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Approved Member

have a look at THIS thread, it might help you
Old 02-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Approved Member

Thanks bookmarked will give it a go when the time come
Old 02-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Approved Member

Fans around the world are looking forward to March to see the updated everything that nice original IL-2 "- incredibly realistic air combat, it is very flexible configuration of everything (down to the casual mode, where it is impossible to break the ground, and the enemies explode worth a shot in their direction), stunning graphics ... plus support for Steam, which is very useful for fans of online duels.

Just saw this in another thread posting.. Looks like we are all set!!!!

http://translate.google.de/translate...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8