Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 11-15-2011, 01:36 AM
Approved Member

ED tends to put out VERY ROCK SOLID products. I have no issue paying for the upgrades they are doing to all the products because they are significant add-ons. The fact they are even upgrading FC to FC3 to be compatible with everything is amazing.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:04 AM
Approved Member

It's funny that they are charging for the Navada map. That was advertised for the release of DCS:A-10C. Then it was cut out, now they're asking us to pay for it? LoL!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
It's funny that they are charging for the Navada map. That was advertised for the release of DCS:A-10C. Then it was cut out, now they're asking us to pay for it? LoL!
Free to customers who bought DCS:A-10c at the beta stage - I.e me.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi79 View Post
Free to customers who bought DCS:A-10c at the beta stage - I.e me.
I bought the sim at beta stage, can't find the map in misson builder or any of the missions!

I thought they disabled it when it started to display "issues"!

How do you access it?
Old 11-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
I bought the sim at beta stage, can't find the map in misson builder or any of the missions!

I thought they disabled it when it started to display "issues"!

How do you access it?
Erm, I don't think its been released yet. This from Wags 2 days ago on the official forum :

Quote:
In the coming months we plan to release several new projects. While we wish to have open communications with our customers and let them know of our planned projects, please understand that plans often change due to unforeseen circumstances. The below list is a road map of our intentions and not a promise of things to come. As each product nears completion and feature lists are finalized, more details will be provided.

1- Combined Arms. This $19.99 add-on will allow A-10C, Black Shark 2, and Flaming Cliffs 3 owner to act as ground force commanders as the mission is running. Users can direct ground units, set fire missions for artillery/multiple rocket launchers, and take the role of a Joint Terminal Air Controller (JTAC). As the JTAC, players will have night vision goggles, IR pointer, laser designator, and Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR). Several other new items are still being considered. Combined Arms will work in both single player and multiplayer missions.

2- Flaming Cliffs 3. This will be a paid-for update to the Flaming Cliffs series and brings it to the same world, mission editor, AI, units, etc. as A-10C and Black Shark 2. We plan to include several upgrades to the aircraft, a resource management system, and several other new features. This will also make Flaming Cliffs online compatible with A-10C and Black Shark 2. Pricing will depend on what new features are included.

3- Nevada map. This will be a $19.99 add-on that will be compatible with A-10C, Black Shark 2, and FC3. Users that purchased the A-10C beta will get this map for free.

4- The first "DCS Flying Legends" aircraft will be released in the first half of 2012.

5- The next US fixed wing jet DCS aircraft is being worked on in parallel.

For Combined Arms and the Nevada map, a single purchase will allow these add-ons to work with A-10C 1.1.1.0, Black Shark 2, and FC3.
More information, visit: www.digitalcombatsimulator.com
Old 11-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi79 View Post
Erm, I don't think its been released yet. This from Wags 2 days ago on the official forum :
Cool! Thanks for the Heads up! Might need to blow the dust off my MFD's
Old 11-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Approved Member

While I don't follow closely or play DCS, here are my three guesses as to to what the "Legend" plane will be:

1. Spitfire

2. Spitfire

3. Spitfire

There is an outside chance it will be one of the following:

P51 D

Bf 109 G

Spitfire

However, if it's a P40 I will buy a copy. Note that I am not budgeting any money for this.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 11-15-2011, 12:02 PM
Ali Fish

....anyway.......its about time 1C had some true competition round here in any ww2 form.

maybe just maybe we might see there interest in ourselves(the fanbase) resurected or is that Born? i`m not quite sure!. also we might just see a group of developers really having to work for there pennies now. and not appearing to do what they are presently doing. could be some really good times ahead folks ! atleast there maybe the option of jumping ship now. sorry to put such a downer on Il2, but im just glad 1C will simply have to be "True" to themselves and ourselves now. theres nothing like a bit of competition to make people get there act together. Bring on the goodness that it will bring and quick ! is all i ask.

Last edited by Ali Fish; 11-15-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Approved Member

One aircraft with no other content to support it will not be competition for the IL2 franchise.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 11-15-2011, 11:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
One aircraft with no other content to support it will not be competition for the IL2 franchise.
+1

It would be very hard to schedule an online war when only one side is represented in a flyable aircraft.

As it is there is a lot of posts complaining about a limited plane set for COD! Imaginine what it would be like if there was only one!

Cheers!