Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 10-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solkarnar View Post
Imo the only good Chaos spell for Paladins is Sacrifice, so maybe i would recommend putting 1 point into Chaos magic to learn it.
Good, now I don't feel so bad about putting 1 pt into Chaos. I just need to find a Sacrifice spell now, LOL.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:53 AM
Approved Member

I think, no matter you are pal or mage, Chaos is a good choice, if you want to make damage by hero rather than units. It's not too much difference between pal and mage IMO, because, the damage of magic is depend on int, and mage and pal got same opportunity to get int, atk and def. The only weakness compare to mage is that, mage have a mage only magic which allow mage cast spell twice per turn. However you will find the mana will be not enough, once per turn is enough for pal. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by rayruan; 10-13-2008 at 07:57 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayruan View Post
and mage IMO, because, the damage of magic is depend on int, and mage and pal got same opportunity to get int, atk and def.
Not exactly true. What you are offered at level up is weighted by class. You are more likely to be offered int or mana if you are mage.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:39 AM
Registered Member

Eh, I always felt like i can't get enough might runes for that Tactics lv2...
I would not put more than 1 point into chaos - have not gotten sacrifice in 2 of my games up untill the very end. Also magic damage on hard and impossible does not scale well enough to be worth casting. For example: Casting dragon arrows on archers usually does much more damage than a direct damage spell. Or mass bless. Or just save mana, so you don't have to wait for it and start next combat with almost full rage (increases crit). On the other hand I itemized for rage and attack power and used magic for support/ressurection only, so my pally was closer to a warrior.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Keeper View Post
Eh, I always felt like i can't get enough might runes for that Tactics lv2...
I would not put more than 1 point into chaos - have not gotten sacrifice in 2 of my games up untill the very end. Also magic damage on hard and impossible does not scale well enough to be worth casting. For example: Casting dragon arrows on archers usually does much more damage than a direct damage spell. Or mass bless. Or just save mana, so you don't have to wait for it and start next combat with almost full rage (increases crit). On the other hand I itemized for rage and attack power and used magic for support/ressurection only, so my pally was closer to a warrior.
Wrong. On Hard as a Mage, with Higher Magic x 3, Destroyer x 3 and 31 Intellect, I can cast Fire Rain 6 times in the first 3 turns, for 3000-4000 per hex, as much as 7 hits per go. In reality I can hit every enemy unit on the map for 3000-4000 damage on turn one, and then mop them up by about turn five. And then there's Armageddon, which is insanely powerful, especially against Dragons.

So I would say that Chaos level 3 is pretty damn fine for a Mage.

Last edited by Zhuangzi; 10-15-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Approved Member

It is, but You need good spells. Without these, mage is soooo weak!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Approved Member

I can confirm what Zhuangzi said.

At 39 int, my rain of fire was hitting for like ~4k. My armaggedon was just above the 6k barrior. And don't forget lightning bolt. Very nasty for opening a battle.

SPOILER IN WHITE
I took out the last boss, the dragon circle, using demonesses with agna's (Which allowed me to act first), and insta-gib the entire army using 2x armaggedon for 6k each. This was as a mage.

Now tell me mage spells aren't powerful
SPOILER IN WHITE

Last edited by Writhan; 10-15-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosiciel View Post
It is, but You need good spells. Without these, mage is soooo weak!
True but as a mage I gather there's a much higher chance of you being offered good magic spells and earlier, I was offered Ice Snake by the Brotherhood and Phantom from the sunken ship, sheep which my paladin never found was just waiting by the sorcerers tower.

I have yet to find Fire Rain (at the end of the dwarf king quest) but I can wait, between Ice Snake and Fireball little is standing up to my indomitable wrath

31 Int sigh, I am still languishing with a measly 14! Luckily I found the intellect increasing artifact which will really help, would love to use Tadpole machine if I could put up with her whining!
Old 10-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Approved Member

One of the main ways I increased intellect was by TWO Archmage's Staff (adds +5 intellect and a bonus to lightning spell). This is a tough item to upgrade but it's really worth it if you can. And I had two of them. Plus there were other artifacts such as a skull which gives intellect and mana.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
One of the main ways I increased intellect was by TWO Archmage's Staff (adds +5 intellect and a bonus to lightning spell). This is a tough item to upgrade but it's really worth it if you can. And I had two of them. Plus there were other artifacts such as a skull which gives intellect and mana.
Damn! I haven't been offered even one of those yet Just finished upgrading the grand druid staff, not as good but still useful (+4 int and +50% Attack for animals - My Royal snakes are happy!)

Yeah I've read about the skull but haven't found it yet.

I gather you went with Demon Girl, demons+dragon+Armageddon=Win ?

Also have the snake's ring, wasted on a mage though

Frog princess+snakes ring+grand druid staff - I may have to put it together just for the fun of it