Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:15 AM
Approved Member

It's pretty depressing. i only play MP and only bought the game due to the 128 player servers stuff that was said prior to release.

I assumed the IL2 community was large and would move in force to CloD, seems i was wrong, shame, the game could be so good. But without a community behind it for me its worthless.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:23 AM
Tree_UK

Multi player is so badly broken in terms of sound, losing connection and no co-op play that we really are lucky to find anyone else online, once these things get fixed in the next year or two it will improve.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:28 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
It takes time for players to migrate to Multiplayer. They usually like to become competent with the new flight models and practice there shooting before venturing online. Especially if your using the new CEM.
Well russia and europe have had the game 5 months, i can fly my bird in full realism so i would imagine most others can, the online experience is very frustrating and most can only handle 20-30 mins at a time, it looks awful with the tree's off and there is no co-op play, I would imagine thats more the reason people are not flocking to play online rather than what you suggested Chivas. Also the fact that your opponent can simply press esc and create a new plane at any time during a battle leaving you fighting an empty aircraft is also sending people away. Nice work.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Approved Member

Thank you ,Tree, for pointing out the umpteenth time, in what a a sad and broken status this sim is.

Not that anyone asked for it, or that anyone didn't knew it already.

It is really fine that there is someone who can read the minds of all the buyers of this sim and talk for them.

Not that anyone had time to forget the last post you did this.

It still seems that your fixated to announce the negative points and tell that the possible fixes are in a nebulous future.

If you've lost your faith in the devs team fine, but no reason to try to get everybody on the same negativity trip.

Be assured, the quote in your sig wasn't meant positive.

Last edited by robtek; 07-24-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post
It's pretty depressing. i only play MP and only bought the game due to the 128 player servers stuff that was said prior to release.

I assumed the IL2 community was large and would move in force to CloD, seems i was wrong, shame, the game could be so good. But without a community behind it for me its worthless.
A community grows, this is not IL2 1946, this is a new start with a new community and it will take some time until the people can look through the veil of negativity and find the good stuff.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:50 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtek View Post
Thank you ,Tree, for pointing out the umpteenth time, i what a a sad and broken status this sim is.

Not that anyone asked for it, or that anyone didn't knew it already.

It is really fine that there is someone who can read the minds of all the buyers of this sim and talk for them.

Not that anyone had time to forget the last post you did this.

It still seems that your fixated to announce the negative points and tell that the possible fixes are in a nebulous future.

If you've lost your faith in the devs team fine, but no reason to try to get everybody on the same negativity trip.

Be assured, the quote in your sig wasn't meant positive.
Well what Im suggesting is that it may be a good idea for the dev's to fix these issues first to get more people interested/onboard, the online sound and co-op cant be too hard to sort, online sound was working it was the dev's that broke it. Its not me stopping people playing online Robtek, its the poor quality of the product, you must keep repeating that to yourself.

I haven't got a banner up saying dont play online, people are choosing not to because the experience is frustrating. If the dev's fixed that or at least talked about when they might fix it then we may feel a little more positive and come and join you in La La land.

Last edited by Tree_UK; 07-24-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:52 AM
Approved Member

I said it months ago: MG should have just ported the whole il2 multiplayer code across to CoD.Why change something that has worked perfectly for many years for something that doesn't.
Change for the sake of change, and new doesn't always mean better.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:56 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtek View Post
A community grows, this is not IL2 1946, this is a new start with a new community and it will take some time until the people can look through the veil of negativity and find the good stuff.
well as far as multi player is concerned at this moment in time it will be a treasure hunt.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:20 AM
Approved Member

The problem is, tree, with posts like yours there are quite a few people which dont even try to find something good, they think: hey, there is a guy who already tried everything and found it wanting, i'll wait until it is fixed before i try.

As there are a few, very outspoken, negative posters here, trying to weave the veil of negativity, they give each other a artificial sincerity.

As the devs are working on the patch, why do you critisize for taking the time to do it right, not again a quick shot from the hip, trying to pacify the ungrateful parts of the community?

Don't try to deceive us and yourself, regardless of the state of this sim, you will always find something negative to point out!

Just "to make it better", of course.

Better to have a broken sim getting better then no sim at all.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Approved Member

I would love to play on multiplayer,but that would mean having to give up all the superb mods that we have been given,especially Jafa's sound mod,and Big Pickles weapon sound mod,sorry but could'nt do without those now.

To play this sim with the wooden sounds that it came with would be sacrilege,once we are given the freedom by Steam to play this sim how 'we' want,then maybe,but I don't think that's gonna happen.

I love multiplayer,to fight against a real human in a dogfight is fantastic,but I want to have all the goodies too,that make the immersion that more real.Besides the multiplayer on COD also needs a BIG fix in it's current state for me it's too broken.

It's a down right travesty that after paying for this sim we can't play it how we would like.I therefore lay this blame fully on Steam's doorstep,you're killing our gaming!!

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!

Last edited by Plt Off JRB Meaker; 07-24-2011 at 09:45 AM.