Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
There is (or was) a demo on the PS store. I was addicted to it for ages lol. The thing you pay for is DLC for the game - the demo will definitely be free.

The screen tearing is hugely improved by the patch, but the game will still let the v-syncing slide in order to maintain frames per second. Which I would prefer - I'd rather have a smoother frame rate at the cost of tearing than the other way around.

EDIT: just checked the store and it does appear that the demo has been removed - probably cos Sony started charging for downloads. I would say buy the game - it is awesome, tearing or not. Hawk seems hung up on it, and that's his right, but it doesn't bother a lot of PS3 players.
I disagree with your 1st comment. My own experiences with screen tearing & the post patch is of little to no change with PS3 BoP but hey; you've set it out in an adult manner & you provide a great explanation as to the causes of the tearing, taking the trouble to clearly aire the facts. Why do ppl think they just have to post the shortest of sentences, ending with a command to get ones grip
I usually let it go & not bother with the neantherthollic retalliation but this PS3 screen tearing issue has been close to my heart from the outset & I readily admit that it was an enjoyment killer for me & I u/stand & appreciate that everything was done in an attempt to relieve the problem. Being told to get a grip for answering someone elses question ... well!

Last edited by Houndstone Hawk; 12-30-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndstone Hawk View Post
I disagree with your 1st comment. My own experiences with screen tearing & the post patch is of little to no change with PS3 BoP but hey; you've set it out in an adult manner & you provide a great explanation as to the causes of the tearing, taking the trouble to clearly aire the facts. Why do ppl think they just have to post the shortest of sentences, ending with a command to get ones grip
I usually let it go & not bother with the neantherthollic retalliation but this PS3 screen tearing issue has been close to my heart from the outset & I readily admit that it was an enjoyment killer for me & I u/stand & appreciate that everything was done in an attempt to relieve the problem. Being told to get a grip for answering someone elses question ... well!
Quote from InfinateStates
EDIT: just checked the store and it does appear that the demo has been removed - probably cos Sony started charging for downloads. I would say buy the game - it is awesome, tearing or not. Hawk seems hung up on it, and that's his right, but it doesn't bother a lot of PS3 players.

No I'm certainly not hung up on it; I get hung up if my kids aren't happy or things don't go to plan at work. I don't get hung up with video games.
I'm just disappointed. I wanted BoP to get me off the PC every once in a while but with all the issues & lack of content BoP had, the cockpit being torn apart when you pan along the horizontal axis was just the final straw. And then; typically, Wings of Prey BETA surfaces for the PC, & not only is it damned near perfect in its infancy BETA stage (thanks to the shortcomings in BoP), but staggeringly, it boasts stacks more content than the console version.

I'm not hung up on it, I'm enjoying WoP immensely & my PS3 & 360 copies were in GAMESTATION before xmas; I'm just saddened that, I, as a wanabe console customer lose out once again, in pocket, content & immersion. I had to buy 3 copies of the game before I was content.

Last edited by Houndstone Hawk; 12-31-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndstone Hawk View Post
I'm not hung up on it...
Dude, it's cool I wasn't having a go, just emphasising that it was important to you. The choice of words probably could have been better...

For some people, tearing ruins it, for some it's anti-aliasing, while for others it's bad graphics or sound. For me, as long as the game plays well and is fun that's all I ask. Nice graphics don't hurt, either lol.

It sucks that you had to go through so many copies to find one that you enjoy, but as long as you ultimately end up happy it's all good. Think of yourself as a superinvestor in the developers ongoing work... hopefully the sequel will please you (and many others) on console...
Old 12-31-2009, 10:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
Dude, it's cool I wasn't having a go, just emphasising that it was important to you. The choice of words probably could have been better...

For some people, tearing ruins it, for some it's anti-aliasing, while for others it's bad graphics or sound. For me, as long as the game plays well and is fun that's all I ask. Nice graphics don't hurt, either lol.

It sucks that you had to go through so many copies to find one that you enjoy, but as long as you ultimately end up happy it's all good. Think of yourself as a superinvestor in the developers ongoing work... hopefully the sequel will please you (and many others) on console...

We're almost singing from the same sheet when it comes to what's important in a game. I too think believe that gameplay is the biggest slice of the pie. That's why GAMESTATION are the new owners of my copies of BoP & the graphically-challenged Over G Fighters still gets played on a weekly basis.
IMMERSION!!! That's the clincher for me, & unfortunately, BoP made no subtleties in shying away from it.

Everything's cool. I'm loving WoP, plenty ppl are loving BoP & I respect & value your opinions as per usual.