Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:55 AM
Approved Member

long and short... a Ta-152 fastest prop job in the game. acceleration isnt the best but the top end is....just dont get into a turning battle.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrickandgoose View Post
Think you forgot about the 262 and 163 The suck but they are fast
Come to think of it Mav......I dont think I have ever flown a Jet in combat in the game other than .....unlocked it....tried it offline thing....

I will do a Jet speed test ........ Just I am a suck - sqeeze - bang - blow kind of Lover....... Burnin avgas just aint my kinda perfume !!
Old 01-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila chrysaetos View Post
Question:

Were those speeds averages or max? By the way, your findings fit exactly what I experienced when racing at Dover “triangle” i.e. counterclockwise circuit around radar antenna and in between those two pairs of lighthouses at Dover port. The clear winner was La-7, although we've done it in sim and the speeds were a little bit faster.
Hi PlaviKit...... all done the same.... level off att 1000ft...keep it steady 100% throttle.....settle to no more than a few feet climb/fall....then hammer the WEP for all its worth.... Max out when It just wont go any faster !

Funny thing .....all Me109's wander off to the right when you do this ??

Ps. The speeds are only relative to 1000ft... for example...in Realistic.....the K4 will top 345mph @6,000ft....and 385mph @ 20,000ft..... just did it for the CTA Brigade of Honour !

Last edited by WildBoar44; 01-14-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
long and short... a Ta-152 fastest prop job in the game. acceleration isnt the best but the top end is....just dont get into a turning battle.
Is That in Sim bobby...?..... being a self confessed Fw190 freek,.... I thought the Ta-152 would be in the top 2....but not in Realistic.... ?..... What Altitude does the Ta-152 become the fastest..... ?

Oh... you can make the Fw190 series turn..... its tricky.....fly on full settings....run on 80% throttles in the turns.....opposite rudder in turns to "catch " the stall..... NEVER go vertical...... Dogfight / TM....its risky.... CTA and Strike.....its very effective......got more kills with it that I ever dreamt I could....oh and the sound of those guns....... every one know's ya commin !

Last edited by WildBoar44; 01-14-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Approved Member

hey my friend willboar44!!

millions thanks for sharing !!!i'm really very very bad to land in sim,sure one of the more bad players and your tips help me a lot!!thx again!!!

the f6f hellcat is my favorite ww2 plane(with the dewoitine d520 of course lol),can't wait to try the cat of grumman,but i think the manoeuvrability will be like a me109,maybe a g6 or a p51 but not more,for sure i will not engage an a6m zero in tight turn with an f6f!
i think in ww2 the hellcat an the corsair was used with sucess because :
-very good quality of the american pilots
-very good quality of the american's pilots training
-very good tactics
-very good strategy
i think in bos it will be different cause it is just a game and ,very enthusiasm,we will want engage all types of planes with the(lovely!!)hellcat...error,i think...the zero will do 2 turns when the heavies and powerful hellcat and corsair will do one!...but a good fighter is not always the fighter who turn shorter than the others...
careful guys!we must take care to don't use these fantastic US fighters with a bad tactics!or we will be disappointed,not because these planes are bad but because our tactics are bad!...just remenber the surprise of a lot of them against the I-153...or the I-16...never engage them in tight turns! but now we know their feablenesses...it will be the same for bos.
can't wait to use my lovely hellcat too!!!for sure!!

friendly
olife
Old 01-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBoar44 View Post
Ok.... I was bored...! Thanks to SKY I have been waiting 9 days for a dodgy router to be replaced.....

I play a lot of CTA Realistic.....always bloody good matches with the ruffneck crew.....So you land at one.....take off.....go get the other one....

.....ok I know.....Davedog,Gilly,Shadow and all those other lovely Buggers are gonna take me pants down when I get there.....but thats another story !

Always thought as I chugg along at about 1000ft off the deck ..... wonder what the fastest BoP plane is to get from over here....to ...over there ???

So here was the deal.......1000ft +/- 5ft steady.....max WEP till I get there....who the Daddy King of Speed....... ? Tickets Please.....!!!

(Reverse Order )

I-153............. 216mph

Hurricane II.....235mph

Me110............243mph

Spitfire MkII....257mph

I-16...............266mph

Me109-E3.......275mph

MC.202...........282mph

YaK-1B...........283mph

YaK-9T...........286mph

Me109-F4........293mph

P47................305mph

Me109-G6.......308mph

P51-B.............310mph

Fw-190 A5......311mph

Spitfire Mk IV...312mph

Spitfire Mk XVI.313mph

P51-D.............315mph

YaK-3.............315mph

Fw-190 F8.......317mph

Fw-190 D9.......320mph

Ta-152............322mph

Me109-G2........322mph

Me109-G10.......328mph

La5N...............328mph

Me109-K4........331mph

La7................338mph

So...... If you want to be there first.......bag the Moscow Missile Express..... !!

Love the way you love to waste your time Wild!

In the cta last night on the two brit airfields I got the P51-D to run at a speed of (I almost wrote 'light'...) 704km/h, starting at spawning and measured 30 feet of the ground on the other airfield. That should equal about 440 mph It was in sim though.

@mav; Compared to the La and the spits the 51-D turns more like an old lady, but used with love in sim, it's a great source of FUN!

Last edited by McQ59; 01-14-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQ59 View Post
Love the way you love to waste your time Wild!

In the cta last night on the two brit airfields I got the P51-D to run at a speed of (I almost wrote 'light'...) 704km/h, starting at spawning and measured 30 feet of the ground on the other airfield. That should equal about 440 mph It was in sim though.

@mav; Compared to the La and the spits the 51-D turns more like an old lady, but used with love in sim, it's a great source of FUN!

Hmmmm ...... I did some Sim last night with you guy's...... was a good night for me..... I got 1 kill.... !!!.........followed by 9,900 deaths because i tried to land in one of your matches.... ! Only landed it once though on one of those russian airfields...... ya know the ones..... with more obsticles than a supermarket trollie dash !! .... the Yak-3 if find a good Sim "Trainer"... you can look out the back window while you tune the radio and see who's killing me again !!..... you can land it with little vice's.....and not a lot of recoil from the guns....fly it on "full" settings...... and a cockpit that looks "nice".....
Old 01-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olife View Post
the f6f hellcat is my favorite ww2 plane(with the dewoitine d520 of course lol),can't wait to try the cat of grumman,but i think the manoeuvrability will be like a me109,maybe a g6 or a p51 but not more,for sure i will not engage an a6m zero in tight turn with an f6f!
i think in ww2 the hellcat an the corsair was used with sucess because :
-very good quality of the american pilots
-very good quality of the american's pilots training
-very good tactics
-very good strategy
i think in bos it will be different cause it is just a game and ,very enthusiasm,we will want engage all types of planes with the(lovely!!)hellcat...error,i think...the zero will do 2 turns when the heavies and powerful hellcat and corsair will do one!...but a good fighter is not always the fighter who turn shorter than the others...
careful guys!we must take care to don't use these fantastic US fighters with a bad tactics!or we will be disappointed,not because these planes are bad but because our tactics are bad!...just remenber the surprise of a lot of them against the I-153...or the I-16...never engage them in tight turns! but now we know their feablenesses...it will be the same for bos.
can't wait to use my lovely hellcat too!!!for sure!!

friendly
olife
Hi my french enemy / ally

Yes, the Zero in dogfight at low speed is deadly, but no is a good diver. The best tactics to fight Zero is the Boom and Zooms. The Corsair an the Hellcat are a good turner at high speed. If you have a problems in combat against Zero, you can always escape diving.
At worst you can always use the tach weave with your wingman.

I hope the Birds of Steel aircraft physics as realistic as possible.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
Oh I agree. Someone who knows what to do in a jet can be a right pain in the arse for people trying to capture their airfield at the start of the game, its almost a cheese tactic. I was just saying that WildBoar was testing only the props as it is obvious the jets would be much faster.

The P-51D's speed and performance was all about low drag. I seem to remember one of the devs did confirm that the Mustang's flight model in BoP is as a P-51D with full external fuel tanks and with fuel remaining in the fuselage tank. The external tanks would massivly increase drag and slow top speed. Fuel in the fuselage tank would shift the center of gravity towards the rear and creat the instability we expierience in BoP. This can be tested in BoP by flying with the 1000lb bombs and comparing the speed to a run flown "clean". I think you will find no difference in top speed even when the drag from the bombs should slow the plane dramaticly.

Spot on Mr Popey.............

P51-D............."Clean".......315mph
P51-D 2x1000lb.................315mph
P51-D 10xRockets.............315mph
Old 01-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrickandgoose View Post
Think you forgot about the 262 and 163 The suck but they are fast

just 4 U.......................

Me-262..............452mph
Me-163..............469mph
He-162..............470mph

oh...ps...... funniest thing I have seen Jet's to in BoP......?. In one of those "cant be bothered to shoot anyone down end of nights"....... Watching Gilly and Davedog.... "ice skating" in Me-163's on Stalingrad's frozed lakes ! ...... what speed they got up to i have no idea...... but it was funny to watch !!

Last edited by WildBoar44; 01-14-2012 at 01:50 PM.