Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 10-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Approved Member

well but for me the issue remains...the manual prop pitch works fine for some few minutes, but after a certain period(i estimate 2-3 minutes) it acts suddenly strangely.the rate of the change is suddenly pretty slow.its approximately only half the speed as the usual rate.and it keeps moving for a pretty long time,even if you stopped pushing it.the clockwise moves on for about half a circle after leaving the button.

i cant believe that its only me with this issue.i tried it on the other bfs, but didnt encounter the problem.
i tried with the E4 in several missions, to ensure that its not a problem connected to a somehow corrupted self made mission but it appears every time....

Last edited by David198502; 10-07-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Approved Member

Ok, there is something rong for me too on the E4...

Autoprop:

In my case, the autoprop, was reducing RPM as it should, but if I have needed higher RPM, it was not increasing the RPM, that means, I flew around with 1900 RPM with 330Km/h, flat run....!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Manuel prop:

I asigned the button for turning it off in the second flyt ,the automatic, as David is reporting, the manual prop pitch is TOO slow if you change him, dosent matter, UP or DOWN!

Switched right away to the E1, total different behave, as it should!
Old 10-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Approved Member

God thank you its not only me!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Approved Member

Default prop-pitch bug

ok...to support my arguments i uploaded this vid.
i know the recording tool in Cliffs of Dover is bugged and the gauges dont work correctly due to it(it would deserve its own bug report), but i think you can still see the different speed of the clockwise.
furthermore in the second part of the vid, i stopped changing the pitch at exactly 10 o'clock, but the clockwise moves until 11:15.
the vid shows the behaviour of the manual pp.

Last edited by David198502; 10-07-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David198502 View Post
am i really the only one with this issue?
No.
Yesterday we fly a lot with E-4. Not just me, my friends can confirm these strange behaviors:

- Sometimes the PP sticks on 08:30 hours. I do not know the exact reason, but we will listen.

- Sometimes the manual adjustment will be much slower than it should. One "hour" takes 12 seconds, which is 0.5°/sec value. (instead 1-1.5°!!). (Auto PP speed is ok). This time as far as pressing the PP button, then the propeller is to move more the same amount of time. If you are pressed for 20 "minutes", it will move for 40 "minutes". If you pressed one "hour", then move until two (with half speed of course). Very annoying. I tried to find some kind of rule, but failed. Once visible slowed down when turned off the radiator automation too. But when the track started again, I could not repeat it. Appears to be random, but I'll watch this one too.

Suddenly, now that's it. I asked the others to who have experienced a strange work, describe exactly why.

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here
Old 10-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Approved Member

Confirmed here too.

But...
I read somewhere that the rate of mechanical failure at the first stages of its operational introduction was quite high.
Maybe it was beta too...
This had to do much with the management of the throttle, if I remember correctly.
In the same contest, pilots who went through the E-1 & E-3 training always wanted to have the manual prop pith control option available while the new
pilots who only knew the auto rarely used the manual option.

Could be in Spitfire on my tail de Steinhilper.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO101_Tom View Post
No.
Yesterday we fly a lot with E-4. Not just me, my friends can confirm these strange behaviors:

- Sometimes the PP sticks on 08:30 hours. I do not know the exact reason, but we will listen.

- Sometimes the manual adjustment will be much slower than it should. One "hour" takes 12 seconds, which is 0.5°/sec value. (instead 1-1.5°!!). (Auto PP speed is ok). This time as far as pressing the PP button, then the propeller is to move more the same amount of time. If you are pressed for 20 "minutes", it will move for 40 "minutes". If you pressed one "hour", then move until two (with half speed of course). Very annoying. I tried to find some kind of rule, but failed. Once visible slowed down when turned off the radiator automation too. But when the track started again, I could not repeat it. Appears to be random, but I'll watch this one too.

Suddenly, now that's it. I asked the others to who have experienced a strange work, describe exactly why.
could it be, that just the gauge is not quick enough for the PP change?
as you decribed it moves in 12s one complete round which is to lazy but it moves twice the time you press the button. So it could be that the "button-press-time" for one hour remained same but the gauge is not responding fast enough. Or is the rpm changing after releasing the button as well?
Old 10-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Approved Member

according to my video, the rpm change as well after one released the button.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwiebacksaege View Post
could it be, that just the gauge is not quick enough for the PP change?
as you decribed it moves in 12s one complete round which is to lazy but it moves twice the time you press the button. So it could be that the "button-press-time" for one hour remained same but the gauge is not responding fast enough. Or is the rpm changing after releasing the button as well?
Good question, but no. It seems, that the instrument show a valid value. The solution (for the correct PP angle and rpm), if you pressed the button half time, as it should (but the movement will still be slow).

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here

Last edited by VO101_Tom; 10-07-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:18 AM
Approved Member

Just went and tested this issue specifically. Attempting to simulate exactly what David198502 did in his video. I agree David198502 The E4 Prop pitch is moving in both AUTO and MANUAL at exactly half the rate that it is moving in the E1 and E3. In my case I don't get any sudden slow down its just to slow all the time. ... looks to me like the old too slow prop pitch code from 2 Betas ago

The E4 in both AUTO and MANUAL is taking 12 seconds for 1 hour of Clock indicator.
The E3 and E1 takes exactly 6 seconds for 1 hour of Clock indicator.

As to the Pitch continuing to move after release of the button. This occurrs in the E1 and E3 as well and I think simulates a certain amount of inertia. In the case of the E4 this is worse as I think its being over emphasised by the half rate prop pitch chahnge.

DEVS have been informed directly.

As to the problem with it getting Stuck at 8:30 (full coarse position) I cannot replicate that. At 730KMH At low level at IDLE ATA the Pitch indicator is showing FULL COARSE at the 8:30 position. The instant I select Higher ATA the Prop starts fining up at the slow rate.

Since demanded ATA determines RPM and Prop pitch being at High Speed Low ATA is not a good place to be if you intend to zoom. If that is the plan then you need to get the ATA and therefore RPM up before you start the zoom.