Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Mods

Mods Men of War mods and other improvements

Old 06-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
My problem with this game realism wise is the over the top strenghthening of the USA forces

I agree 100% the u.s. tanks etc, are far too strong vs historical proof..

According to actual u.s. sherman tanker's combat accounts in ww2, they would send 5 sherman's against a tiger, hoping to outflank it and shoot it in the rear...usually losing 3 to 4 sherman's in the process which is why it was so feared...the game's sherman's are too well armored against german heavy tanks in the game and U.S. sherman guns especially the low velocity 75 mm which from their own eye witness accounts were useless against the heavier german tanks . There is a reason the german's called them tommy cookers. Never mind the fact the ammunition store would explode if a HE shell even went off near to the rear of the tank let alone a direct hit ( before using wet storage system and external welded armour patch upgrades. Still with all this, the sherman never was a match for a tiger etc, then came the tiger II. You can't say the game is realistic but at the same time helps to stop little kids from crying about tiger's being actually realistic by making sherman's equal , it's a huge contradiction, and it's not just the tiger. In the end the game is not a realism based game it's a arcade based game.....

watch this for a little info:

Last edited by KiloAlpha4; 06-05-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Approved Member

They are puting this beast Tiger I down to Sherman level which is a shame, too bad. I was very dissapointed when I saw it in MoW but in Soldiers: Heroes of World War 2 its realistic!