Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Approved Member

The unfortunate truth here is that no mater what 1C does there will be a group that is not happy.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:27 PM
41Sqn_Stormcrow

Don't sing the swan's song yet.

This is a beta patch not a release version of the patch. So no need to be disappointed at this stage.

Last edited by 41Sqn_Stormcrow; 05-06-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Approved Member

I going to reserve my judgement until the FINAL release version of this patch comes out.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Approved Member

I hope Blacksix is right when he says that the grass, trees and clouds will be optimized in nine days time. I thought this is what they had been working on for the last 7 months and it was this that was causing the FPS issues. As it is I still get stutters near the ground same as before so i'm a little confused as to what it is they have fixed.

I would also like to know why they said last week that they wanted the patch to be right before releasing it this time? This patch was about fixing the FPS and they release it when the Grass, Trees and clouds still cause horrible stutters? I also noticed that there was no mention in the Blacksix post leading upto the patch been released, that grass/trees.. etc were still problem areas in this game. I wonder just how much of this game is still broken.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Approved Member

I think the best thing 1C can do is convert everything in IL2:1946 to the new Graphics engine and it'll be job done
Old 05-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
The unfortunate truth here is that no mater what 1C does there will be a group that is not happy.
Very true indeed, mainly because whatever they do it is sub standard.

All these months saying we wont release anything until its perfect and restores the community faith in the game.. and what do we get. An alpha patch. I think the only reason it is called alpha patch is they are incapable of anything else.

Alpha patch... its actually pretty funny. Looking at the history of this game from its 6 year delayed release to now its hard not to only come to one conclusion....
Old 05-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post
Very true indeed, mainly because whatever they do it is sub standard.

All these months saying we wont release anything until its perfect and restores the community faith in the game.. and what do we get. An alpha patch. I think the only reason it is called alpha patch is they are incapable of anything else.

Alpha patch... its actually pretty funny. Looking at the history of this game from its 6 year delayed release to now its hard not to only come to one conclusion....
I know, try not to feel that way but i can no longer envisage the RC being different from the alpha/beta states we have had.
I still cant believe the whole graphics rewrite was only 276mb, maybe its only part of the re-write. Or maybe it was just pork pies again. Who knows.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Icarus1

All I wanted was the CTD, stutters and shimmering gone. I got nothing out of this patch. I mean if they fixed those things then we'd all realize the other problems are probably just around the corner. However, I find the patch worse than before patch.

I have thought for some time CoD is just a carrot on a stick to keep everyone trotting toward BoM.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:07 PM
41Sqn_Stormcrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
I think the best thing 1C can do is convert everything in IL2:1946 to the new Graphics engine and it'll be job done
Disagree. IL2.1 has too many limitations in FM and DM. Although IL2.2 is not perfect yet in this aspect it is a leap forward compared to IL2.1

Since I fly IL2.2 I do no longer want to fly IL2.1 as it feels too arcadish compared to IL2.2
Old 05-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Approved Member

Does everyone else still have the flashing of desktop all the time when starting game and entering/exiting the menus and stuff like that?
Closed Thread