Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:03 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJWest View Post
Shouldn't the 'Pilot Options' include a moustache selector?
when you choose your pilot you get what comes with the head, mustache,pimples,etc.

Choose wisely.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Thanks Nearmiss

I've seen most of these before but at this moment I will take whatever I can get

Quick question, on the first pic what is the highest figure you can select (Value above the aircraft).
Maybe it's the amount of aircraft of that type that will be in the mission.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:08 AM
Approved Member

I truly hope these shots are just 'beta' and don't make it to the final game. As a designer, I see so much that needs to be polished.

But alas, they look more usable than the current IL-2 menus - that's not saying much though.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:15 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoilfx View Post
I truly hope these shots are just 'beta' and don't make it to the final game. As a designer, I see so much that needs to be polished.

But alas, they look more usable than the current IL-2 menus - that's not saying much though.
There are very dismal aren't they. These screenshots as I recall were released in Feb. Like yourself, I'd appreciate a more upbeat navigation.

I liked the change to Pacific Fighters with the dark blue screens. They were more upbeat. I think the association with the Blue Pacific as a battleground had something to do with it.

As a designer you are probably almost willing to fix them yourself, knowing we may have to look at those screens for several years.

Better still, maybe Oleg has opened up the code enough to allow some display customizations.

Last edited by nearmiss; 03-18-2011 at 01:21 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

You are good for what u do ? They are ******* GOOD for what they make, so think about that
Old 03-18-2011, 01:22 AM
Approved Member

They are indeed very good at what they do, I enjoy their game every day.

I will buy CloD day one, and I am sure I will enjoy it immensely, but no need to sugar coat something that needs improvements.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

Agreed. A bit more effort on the presentation of these screens wouldn't hurt. It's 'only' the menu but I think it sets the expectation for the entire game. The red title is the most jarring to me. This text appears like something hastily added in the screenshot program and not part of the interface. Still, knowing how good the rest of it is going to be, I'm not too concerned.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

hmmm..you know the 2011 Camry is a beautiful well designed and reliable car with a lot of creature comforts..the lines are clean the layout is intuitive and the longevity and resale are high..it is the result of years of research and contemporary design and if i were to put it next to some older obsolete design such as a...ummm ...1969 ram air 3 GTO it would be real obvious what was the more advanced design..until of course i turned the key...and the soound of that motor permeated the air...every man would start walking towards the GTO with a grin on his face...why? because it is old and obsolete but it has ALOT under the hood...just like IL2 1946...never mind the look of CoD..lets just hope there is a loud rumble when you start it

Last edited by Thee_oddball; 03-18-2011 at 02:14 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee_oddball View Post
hmmm..you know the 2011 Camry is a beautiful well designed and reliable car with a lot of creature comforts..the lines are clean the layout is intuitive and the longevity and resale are high..it is the result of years of research and contemporary design and if i were to put it next to some older obsolete design such as a...ummm ...1969 ram air 3 GTO it would be real obvious what was the more advanced design..until of course i turned the key...and the soound of that motor permeated the air...every man would start walking towards the GTO with a grin on his face...why? because it is old and obsolete but it has ALOT under the hood...just like IL2 1946...never mind the look of CoD..lets just hope there is a loud rumble when you start it
Well, the sound of the 601 in the leaked video made me grin almost as much as when turning the ignition key of my brothers Carrera GT (V10 with straight pipes). But only almost
Old 03-18-2011, 06:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
Maybe it's the amount of aircraft of that type that will be in the mission.
ROFL I'm aware of that I just wondered what the highest selectable number is